Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
True Romance 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
7 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission (Blu-ray)
$19.96
4 hrs ago
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Evil Dead Groovy Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.48
16 hrs ago
Chernobyl 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.64
21 hrs ago
Evil Dead (Blu-ray)
$12.16
10 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

The Last Waltz 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Bourne: The Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

The Green Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.95
1 day ago
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-28-2022, 11:47 PM   #881
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemachus View Post
Well I just watched this again after only seeing it once in the early 2000s during a Blockbuster night, WOW this movie is still awesome! GREAT acting from everyone, really love the cast chemistry in this. The beginning part with the nurse is just perfect., I suppose that would have been Loomis had Donald Pleasance not passed away. I really, really love the synergy with Halloween II, it makes me smile because I love that film. I was trying to notice if there were any plot holes, so I guess Halloween 4-6 just never happened? They mention Loomis passed away at the beginning of the movie, and that Michael never showed back up after the explosion during part II, that's a pretty clean continuity. Such a shame the awesome ending was never followed up right in Resurrection!
Originally there were some plans to connect H20 with 4-6, but then it was decided to make it a sequel to H2. There are still some remnants though, like explaining that Laurie faked her death, showing a picture of the scissors that Michael killed Rachel with in H5Ö might be some others Iím missing. The main problem though is that Michael doesnít have any burn scars. At least H4 tried to make his survival somewhat believable.

How would Resurrection follow up the ending right? Any sequel to H20 that features Michael would have to undo H20ís ending. I think H20 works pretty well as the end of the series.
Thanks given by:
AKORIS (01-31-2022), EricHG (01-29-2022), Telemachus (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 12:11 AM   #882
Power Member

May 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh64 View Post
I think H20 works pretty well as the end of the series.
Yep, me too. Ending of the Laurie arc, definitely. Resurrection just seemed like a stupid movie imo.
Thanks given by:
bobbyh64 (01-29-2022), Mahogany (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 01:21 AM   #883

Aug 2020

H20 deserves more love. Watched this with a non fan. His reaction: "Wow that was good."
Thanks given by:
Somerset (01-29-2022), Telemachus (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 01:55 AM   #884
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2019
In the mouth of madness

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Well I just watched this again after only seeing it once in the early 2000s during a Blockbuster night, WOW this movie is still awesome! GREAT acting from everyone, really love the cast chemistry in this. The beginning part with the nurse is just perfect. I suppose that would have been Loomis had Donald Pleasance not passed away. I really, really love the synergy with Halloween II, it makes me smile because I love that film. I was trying to notice if there were any plot holes, so I guess Halloween 4-6 just never happened? Or Laurie never heard about Michael wrecking havoc during those films, I suppose Loomis would have gotten the word out, so I guess they ignored those ones. They mention Loomis passed away at the beginning of the movie, so I guess this Michael never showed back up after the explosion during part II, that's a pretty clean continuity. I think Daniel Harris could have been great in this film reprising her character had they not killed that character in part 6, she would have obviously been able to be a student at the school. Such a shame the awesome ending was never followed up right in Resurrection!
I really like this one too. It's not the best, sure, but it's far from the worst (*ahem*, Resurrection, *ahem*). Still a lot of good moments, imo and JLC is on top of the acting! Just a heads up you might want to put a spoiler on the part about Danielle Harris's character.
Thanks given by:
Telemachus (01-29-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 12:15 AM   #885
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2019
In the mouth of madness

Pre-ordered the German blu-ray. Wondering if the encode will be any different than the old Echo Bridge disc.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:10 AM   #886
Power Member

May 2021

So is it true in Halloween Resurrection
[Show spoiler]they killed off Josh Harnett's character and his girlfriend, since I noticed a character said "four students were killed by Michael" in H20 (mental hospital scene near the beginning), even though we only see two die in that movie (and the other counselor). So I'm guessing Michael killed the other two kids later that night after Laurie didn't chop his head off? Sweet hell this movie is terrible!
Old 01-31-2022, 04:52 AM   #887
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2019
In the mouth of madness

Quote:
[Show spoiler]they killed off Josh Harnett's character and his girlfriend, since I noticed a character said "four students were killed by Michael" in H20 (mental hospital scene near the beginning), even though we only see two die in that movie (and the other counselor). So I'm guessing Michael killed the other two kids later that night after Laurie didn't chop his head off? Sweet hell this movie is terrible!
I suppose so. It
[Show spoiler] didn't matter if they went back and shot footage for flash backs either. Moustapha Akkad (or Mousta Rhymes, if you will) basically didn't care how they explained it away, so long as Michael Myers was still alive somehow and Laurie killed a random person she thought was Michael. That way they can write in that she's in a mental health facility and Michael comes for her in Resurrection. Resurrection is a mess of a film.
Thanks given by:
Telemachus (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 05:02 AM   #888
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylrichard02 View Post
Pre-ordered the German blu-ray. Wondering if the encode will be any different than the old Echo Bridge disc.
It should be. The last German one was.
[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
dylrichard02 (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 05:07 AM   #889

Apr 2020

I love H20, it's a fantastic sequel to Halloween 2. An excellent performance by JLC and I dig the late 90's vibe it has. It's not a perfect movie by any means, and I can think of 3 changes that I would love to see made to the film that would fix some of it's issues:

[Show spoiler]
1. Cut out the brief moment that Michael is putting his hands on his face and feeling his mask. Let's not let Resurrection spoil this movie, there should be no ambiguity that this is indeed Michael

2. Replace digitally that awful cgi mask he wears in that one scene with something less awful. that looks more consistent with the rest of the movie.

3. Black out/darken Michaels eyes, the eye holes in the mask are huge and you see his eyes way too clearly way too often.

I really hope we can get a 4k of it soon, it's the lone Halloween film in my collection that isn't 4k, I only have the dvd, I don't want Curse or Resurrection so I won't buy that triple pack.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:15 AM   #890
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
-
-
-
-
-

Maybe a 4K is already in the works?

They could tie it in to coincide with the release of Halloween Ends this year.

The H20 25th Anniversary is in 2023 too, so there’s also another opportunity there.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:24 AM   #891
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2019
In the mouth of madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboyblu View Post
It should be. The last German one was.
[Show spoiler]
It completely went over my head that it might be that one. Mikezilla3k pointed that out to me too a couple of months ago. I'm just being forgetful.

Does anyone know of any website with screenshots of the DE or FR discs from StudioCanal? I'd like to compare, unfortunately they're not on caps-a-holic.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:38 AM   #892
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
-
-
-
-
-

I could be misremembering, but I thought that the H20 in Shoutís Halloween: Complete Collection came from the same source as those Studio Canal discs. Though not exactly the same, the caps are correctly framed (unlike the Echo Bridge disc) in that review.
Thanks given by:
dylrichard02 (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 01:27 PM   #893

Nov 2021

Quote:
I could be misremembering, but I thought that the H20 in Shoutís Halloween: Complete Collection came from the same source as those Studio Canal discs. Though not exactly the same, the caps are correctly framed (unlike the Echo Bridge disc) in that review.
Much as I'd prefer a 4k, I'd buy a standalone release of the same version of H20 from the boxset, a big improvement over the only previous standalone release from 2011.
Old 01-31-2022, 02:57 PM   #894
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Kingston, Ontario

Quote:
Nah, they were still alive. That speech also miscounts the deaths from the first two films. And while deleted material isn't necessarily common, Laurie did confirm that John and Molly were in hiding during her speech to Michael on the balcony in an earlier cut. It's in the workprints, and you can see them filming it in the featurettes.

Quote:
Studio Canal's master was different from what I remember people saying at the now-defunct OHMB. (Unfortunately, the board shut down a few years back so I have no way of digging up the posts.) I think it's the same scan that Alliance put out on their triple feature disc, but just 1080p rather than 1080i, and without Alliance's superior audio track.
Thanks given by:
lilboyblu (01-31-2022), Telemachus (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 03:18 PM   #895
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Kingston, Ontario

I don't have the Studio Canal disc on hand, but here's a comparison of - from top to bottom - the Alliance triple feature, Scream Factory disc and the Echo Bridge disc.

Thanks given by:
dylrichard02 (01-31-2022), Telemachus (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 03:40 PM   #896
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2019
In the mouth of madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstxanothrxstory View Post
I don't have the Studio Canal disc on hand, but here's a comparison of - from top to bottom - the Alliance triple feature, Scream Factory disc and the Echo Bridge disc.

[Show spoiler]

Thanks for the uploads. I'm hoping it's closest to the Shout out of all of those. Honestly I don't expect it to be worse than the Echo Bridge 3 films on 1 disc set I have now.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:00 PM   #897
Power Member

May 2021

Dang that Echo Bridge ratio looks so bad.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:22 PM   #898
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Kingston, Ontario

Let's all start the prayer circle that Scream was able to get this licensed out now that we know they're getting Miramax/Paramount titles.
Thanks given by:
dylrichard02 (02-01-2022), Telemachus (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 08:46 PM   #899

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstxanothrxstory View Post
Let's all start the prayer circle that Scream was able to get this licensed out now that we know they're getting Miramax/Paramount titles.
Seeing Miramax titles makes it a certainty at this point. They prolly didnít put utmost effort into snagging the Craven Cut for Cursed since the Halloween titles are a bigger focus for them
Old 01-31-2022, 09:01 PM   #900
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
USA

They kind of already revealed they're being worked on.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America