Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Equalizer 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.55
 
The Flash 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
Rudy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
 
The Equalizer 3 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
TerrorVision / The Video Dead (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Doctor Who (Blu-ray)
$174.96
 
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$48.33
 
Avatar: The Way of Water 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
Barbarella 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
 
The Mandalorian: The Complete Second Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.96
 
Violent Night 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
Trading Places 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
22 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #2001
Fors* Fors* is offline
Moderator
 
Fors*'s Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Pottstown, PA
162
8
138
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Thanks Fors*, I am pretty excited. I have wanted a JVC projector for the past couple of years. Hopefully it will not disappoint.

How is your moderating going? Any good stories or do you have a "moderator/client privilege" that you can't discuss what happens on the forum?
It is going well.....lets just say that this site gets alot of spam and stuff. I can't believe how much "crap" this site attracts. The mods here are good at catching that stuf though, as I'm still learning.

I may have sold a piece of my hockey collectibles/jerseys for a nice monetary gain to where I can start looking for a new front soundstage. I'll be keeping my ears and eyes open on Audiogon for the next few months, as I'm in no rush, plus I would also eventually need to sell my current Paradigm towers/center.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #2002
naturephoto1 naturephoto1 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
naturephoto1's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA
260
21
263
Default

Patrick,

Congrats on the 3D JVC projector. I hope that it lives up to expectations.

Rich
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #2003
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
643
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fors* View Post
It is going well.....lets just say that this site gets alot of spam and stuff. I can't believe how much "crap" this site attracts. The mods here are good at catching that stuf though, as I'm still learning.

I may have sold a piece of my hockey collectibles/jerseys for a nice monetary gain to where I can start looking for a new front soundstage. I'll be keeping my ears and eyes open on Audiogon for the next few months, as I'm in no rush, plus I would also eventually need to sell my current Paradigm towers/center.
A new front soundstage sounds pretty exciting! I have been very pleased with my paradigm studio 100's v.3. I bet you will be able to get a great deal if you are patient. You could all ways sell your car and by some Sapphires like what SeanMF is looking for.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #2004
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
643
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
Patrick,

Congrats on the 3D JVC projector. I hope that it lives up to expectations.

Rich
Hey Rich, thank you! I am pretty excited as long as my wife doesn't get on my arse too much....

How is your "tweaking" of your room going? I have tell you, your speakers are some of the most impressive and beautiful audio products I have ever seen. I hope they sound half as good as they look.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #2005
Fors* Fors* is offline
Moderator
 
Fors*'s Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Pottstown, PA
162
8
138
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
A new front soundstage sounds pretty exciting! I have been very pleased with my paradigm studio 100's v.3. I bet you will be able to get a great deal if you are patient. You could all ways sell your car and by some Sapphires like what SeanMF is looking for.....
I can't keep up with sean, the only thing I know is whatever he gets, won't be kept long enough for me to remember. The Sapphires are no joke though, so good luck to him there. I have seen some good deals on Vienna Acoustics and even some JM Lab Chrous speakers, but I am not ready to do anything yet. I am trying to be conscious of being aware of "different" speakers this time with my next speaker purchase. Nothing wrong with some Paradigm Studios though, but there is nothing with an attractive price in my budget right now on Audiogon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #2006
naturephoto1 naturephoto1 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
naturephoto1's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA
260
21
263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Hey Rich, thank you! I am pretty excited as long as my wife doesn't get on my arse too much....

How is your "tweaking" of your room going? I have tell you, your speakers are some of the most impressive and beautiful audio products I have ever seen. I hope they sound half as good as they look.
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the kind words. I adjusted the position of the right OMA New Yorker speaker to match the left one and it opened up the soundstage making everything sound bigger left to right and back to front. At the time I had removed the upgraded Lavry DA10 DAC- it needed a replacement Coax input. So I was running the upgraded Denon 5910CI directly into the upgraded ARC LS10 Preamp and thought that I had lost some bass output with the adjustment. When the repaired Lavry DAC was re-installed, I think that I regained all of the lost bass.

I also just received the new TimePortal Silver IC cables and replaced Kevin's Solid Core silver cable that I was using between the upgraded ARC LS10 Preamp and the First Watt M2 amp. Impressions so far with the cable and without any "cooking" or burn in is . That agrees with Dave Schulte's assessment of the cable. In any case, I have to run more tests with the cables including coming directly from the Soundsmith Phono Preamp directly into the First Watt amp. The system seems to be need more critical placement for the speakers with the vinyl than the digital. Hopefully, this new cable (single or multiple pairs in the system) will get things just right.

Anyway, right now on digital with all of the room treatments I want to get the vinyl that way as well and determine how things will run to the First Watt amp for different applications.

Rich
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #2007
bz1080p bz1080p is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
bz1080p's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
18
236
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
We will see. I am not concerned with the 2D. 3D might need a little kick in the lumens....

How are you today? It is snowing like a MF'er here. So I am going to guess we will be dead in the ol' golf shop today.
It's been snowing since about 6 AM here
We're supposed to get from 4-8" by this evening
You're right on the 3-D, from what I've read it does seem to play darker
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #2008
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
In a van down by the river
150
454
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Yes a little faster than expected. Now I have to find a way to pay for it! With it being a used PJ, I was able to save enough money to pay for the HDMI cable, mounting plate, emitter and two pair of glasses for the same price.

I ended up getting a 40' Atlona high speed cable. I wanted the perfect path, but was worried about the 50' length. The 35' cable was too short and the 50' is a little long for my application. Hopefully it will work ok. If not, I will order the 50' Perfect Path.

When do you get the 1100? Get those triggers installed and enjoy having everything turn on with the push of a button. You will never go back the to the other way.
Yeah, you definitely scored on the RS40. Looking forward to your thoughts once it's all installed and you're in 3D bliss. So, what's the very first 3D movie you're gonna watch?

I too was concerned about the 50' length. But (knock on wood) no problems at all.

The 1100 is supposed to arrive on Monday. But I don't know for sure since someone misplaced the tracking info. Sometime this weekend I will try and get to a Rat Shack and pick up the trigger cables.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #2009
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
In a van down by the river
150
454
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Thanks Fors*, I am pretty excited. I have wanted a JVC projector for the past couple of years. Hopefully it will not disappoint.

How is your moderating going? Any good stories or do you have a "moderator/client privilege" that you can't discuss what happens on the forum?
I'm quite pleased with the performance of my JVC projector. Although it's only a lowly 2D model.

Yeah Fors*, any good war stories?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #2010
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
134
341
2325
7
3
9
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Hey Aero, good morning.

I have to wait on the glasses and emitter. They are back ordered at the moment but should be in within a month. Then I need to pick up some decent 3D movies. I would like to get "how to train your dragon" and "Avatar" (of course). The only 3D movie I have at the moment is "despicable me".

I was of course more interested in the 2D performance of the RS40, which seems to be good. The 3D is just kind of a bonus.

So how is the Oppo 83 working out?
I have both of those movies & haven't yet watched "Dragon..." but it's "on the list", so to speak.

The '83 is working fine, though I've just watched Toy Story 3 on it so far. I'm off today (Friday) which is good, as we're supposed to get some snow (3-7"), so I'll be able to pop in something in a few hours. Of course, "Which Movie" to watch next is the question. Maybe ALIEN3, since I only watched the first 2 of the Quadrilogy. Hell, possibly ALIEN RESURRECTION after it... , then the ALIEN box set will be Done!

Good luck on the glasses & emitter, luckily your wait doesn't appear Too long.

Last edited by Aerodude73; 01-21-2011 at 07:24 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #2011
bz1080p bz1080p is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
bz1080p's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
18
236
5
Default

Good morning Patrick, TGIF
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #2012
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
643
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Yeah, you definitely scored on the RS40. Looking forward to your thoughts once it's all installed and you're in 3D bliss. So, what's the very first 3D movie you're gonna watch?

I too was concerned about the 50' length. But (knock on wood) no problems at all.

The 1100 is supposed to arrive on Monday. But I don't know for sure since someone misplaced the tracking info. Sometime this weekend I will try and get to a Rat Shack and pick up the trigger cables.
Morning Wabo,

It was a pretty decent deal. Hopefully everything will come in next week and I can start the install. I guess the first movie will be "despicable me". That is the only 3D title I have.....

I just wanted to get the shortest HDMI cable that would fit. When you are looking at HDMI cables from vendors, most say that 3D "might not work" on cables over 25' in length (even though end users say it isn't a problem). So I will try the Atlona flat cable out first. If it doesn't work, I will return it and start over.

I am betting that you will be so happy with having macros and trigger on for your amps. It makes the HT experience so much easier. Did Sean leave your tracking number at some girls house?

I am also glad to here you are happy with your JVC projector. They seem to get the best reviews and have been on my sight for quite some time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #2013
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
643
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1080p View Post
Good morning Patrick, TGIF

Morning Bill! How is the snow?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #2014
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
643
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
I have both of those movies & haven't yet watched "Dragon..." but it's "on the list", so to speak.

The '83 is working fine, though I've just watched Toy Story 3 on it so far. I'm off today (Friday) which is good, as we're supposed to get some snow (3-7"), so I'll be able to pop in something in a few hours. Of course, "Which Movie" to watch next is the question. Maybe ALIEN3, since I only watched the first 2 of the Quadrilogy. Hell, possibly ALIEN RESURRECTION after it... , then the ALIEN box set will be Done!

Good luck on the glasses & emitter, luckily your wait doesn't appear Too long.
Hey Aero,

I never picked up "how to train your dragon" and "Toy Story 3" hoping that I eventually would get to watch them in 3D. "HTTYD" is supposed to be one of the better 3D titles.

You need to pop in those Alien discs and watch them. They are all incredible.
I watched all of the extras on the new "Star Trek" last night. It was pretty interesting. That has become one of my favorite new movies from the past couple of years and I am not a "trekkie". Overall it is just a great experience.

Glasses and emitter should be in within three weeks, so I can get the projector up and everything dialed in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #2015
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
134
341
2325
7
3
9
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Hey Aero,
I never picked up "how to train your dragon" and "Toy Story 3" hoping that I eventually would get to watch them in 3D. "HTTYD" is supposed to be one of the better 3D titles.

You need to pop in those Alien discs and watch them. They are all incredible.
I watched all of the extras on the new "Star Trek" last night. It was pretty interesting. That has become one of my favorite new movies from the past couple of years and I am not a "trekkie". Overall it is just a great experience.

Glasses and emitter should be in within three weeks, so I can get the projector up and everything dialed in.
I watched HTTYD initially while on vacation in Utah in May (3D) & it was really good. As for ALL the Alien movies being incredible, it's been years since I've seen the 3rd one & don't recall liking it that much when I saw it. But, I've read that most people say the Director's Cut (or whatever it's called) is a lot better than the TC, so maybe I'll enjoy that one.

You're right about the "Newest" STAR TREK. Whether a Trekkie or not, that's an Incredible & Fun ride of a movie! I loved it. The Audio track absolutely kicks (Vulcan) A$$ all over the Galaxy also!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #2016
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
643
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
I watched HTTYD initially while on vacation in Utah in May (3D) & it was really good. As for ALL the Alien movies being incredible, it's been years since I've seen the 3rd one & don't recall liking it that much when I saw it. But, I've read that most people say the Director's Cut (or whatever it's called) is a lot better than the TC, so maybe I'll enjoy that one.

You're right about the "Newest" STAR TREK. Whether a Trekkie or not, that's an Incredible & Fun ride of a movie! I loved it. The Audio track absolutely kicks (Vulcan) A$$ all over the Galaxy also!!
I haven't even seen "HTTYD", been waiting....Alien 3, the directors cut is a great movie. I will look forward to your thoughts.

JJ Abrams "Star Trek" has some great acting, great sets, great sound and effects. If you haven't watched any of the supplements, they are a treat as well. They have a time lapsed video of the bridge being built, which was neat to see.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #2017
bz1080p bz1080p is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
bz1080p's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
18
236
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Morning Bill! How is the snow?
We got about 6" and it's in the low teens
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #2018
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
134
341
2325
7
3
9
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
I haven't even seen "HTTYD", been waiting....Alien 3, the directors cut is a great movie. I will look forward to your thoughts.

JJ Abrams "Star Trek" has some great acting, great sets, great sound and effects. If you haven't watched any of the supplements, they are a treat as well. They have a time lapsed video of the bridge being built, which was neat to see.
I have ALIEN3 cued up & ready to go
[Show spoiler](2003 Director's Cut, or "special edition" as I believe it's called )
, Volume is set to my usual LOUD setting
[Show spoiler](-20 for now, though with this older release, I may "Pump Up The Volume!" to -18 or -16 )
. I'll get back to you with a review in my thread.

Btw, you're almost making me want to pop in STAR TREK again with all this talk on that film! () But, I'll wait. We were lucky enough to catch this in IMAX when it came out & holy crap, the Audio was Stunning & Deafening, yet Clear, & LFE content actually made our seats Shake/Vibrate a FEW times!! It was awesome!!!! I'll def. check out all the extras, they do sound very cool.

Also, just got off the phone with B&N.com to correct, again, my STAR WARS: The Complete Saga pre-order. My initial order didn't go thru for some reason & I had a 20% coupon code making it $76.69 or so ($12.78/Movie, or $8.52/Disc), for the 9-disc set.
[Show spoiler]Then I recv'd an email yest. showing my NEW order#, but, Without the 20% applied So the girl today had to manually enter that after checking my First order & comfirming I'd put in the code then. Gesh, 20+ minutes of mostly listening to cheesy "hold" music to get thru...


Okay - Time for ALIEN3 !!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #2019
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
134
341
2325
7
3
9
31
Thumbs up My Review: "ALIEN3" - 2003 Special Edition (vice the 1992 TC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Alien 3, the directors cut is a great movie. I will look forward to your thoughts.
Hey Patrick - Well, just finished ALIEN3 a short time ago & my review is up in my thread.

But you can read it HERE if you want to save some browsing around time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #2020
phansson phansson is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Arkansas
22
643
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Hey Patrick - Well, just finished ALIEN3 a short time ago & my review is up in my thread.

But you can read it HERE if you want to save some browsing around time.
I agree with you on all points. The use of surround effects is impressive. The drips of water and echos in the "halls" was some of the best use of ambient sound I have heard on Blu Ray.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Leonitis's home made home theater Home Theater Galleries leov36 13 07-05-2012 06:31 PM
PHansson Home theater V.2 has officially started. Home Theater Construction phansson 135 11-24-2009 06:14 PM
What can you do to dress up a home theater if you are renting your home? Home Theater General Discussion shark420 11 06-08-2009 05:43 PM
Klipsch HD Theater 500 Home Theater System?? Speakers abercrombie9701 3 04-02-2009 10:56 PM
How do set up my home theater system in this home? Home Theater General Discussion mugupo 7 03-29-2009 05:11 PM

Tags
jvc, marantz, paradigm, star wars

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 PM.