Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Devil May Cry 5 (PS4)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
Dead Or Alive 6 (PS4)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Trover Saves the Universe (PS4)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Farming Simulator 19 (PS4)
$27.99
12 hrs ago
Fallout 76 (PS4)
$16.00

Control (PS4)
$44.99

F1 2019 (PS4)
$44.99

Borderlands (PS4)
$15.99

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (PS4)
$27.00

Air Missions: HIND (PS4)
$19.97

We Happy Few (PS4)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 72 67.92%
500-599 26 24.53%
600-699 4 3.77%
700+ 4 3.77%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #2781
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I think TCL (sic?) is doing Micro LED and they're consumer friendly priced but the full fat versions will come as the tech does develop a little more and combined with Quantum Dots to bring the best of OLED tech like perfect blacks without burn in concern and instantaneous response times(?) as well as the huge brightness possible by LCD tech enhanced even further by Quantum Dots but hopefully delivering the same low level input lag that LGs 2019 OLEDs are managing right now.

To me, i'm gonna go with the best deal possible when PS5 is due to release hopefully and i can always upgrade again down the line when the full fat Micro LEDs release. Might wvwn be 8k and PS6 by then
TLC is doing Mini-LED. I’ll have to look but am not sure if that’s the same tech.

The UI on that Mini is god awful. I’m ok with waiting cuz I simply can’t afford a $3K set now. My tv will 10 years old in 2024 so maybe then.

Edit,

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-mini-led-4769569

Mini-LED vs Micro-LED

Yeah there is a big difference lol

Last edited by Derb; Yesterday at 05:14 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM   #2782

Oct 2010
Kelso

I don't think the retail PS5 will look anything like the dev kit. It's far too bold and garish. I just can't see them trying to sell something that looks like a childrens toy to adults. The dev kit looks like a prop from Buck Rogers or something. I think the PS5 will follow the same design language as the PS4.

Last edited by John The Grudge; Yesterday at 07:49 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #2783
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Grudge View Post
I don't think the retail PS5 will look anything like the dev kit. It's far too bold and garish. I just can't see them trying to sell something that looks like a childrens toy to adults. The dev kit looks like a prop from Buck Rogers or something. I think the PS5 will follow the same design language as the PS4.
Maybe the reason why it looks like that is because it's a beast and it needs a ton of ventilation. I would like it to look more minimalistic as well, but if it's between looking clean and having it sound like a jet taking off like my PS4 Pro does with certain games, to a point that affects my experience of the game's sound, then give me this radical "V" design any day of the week and twice on sundays.
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #2784
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I'm more than willing to sacrifice good looks for massively improved ventilation.

I have to wonder just how big this thing is going to be because the tech they are packing in isn't far off what the newest consumer gaming PCs are running so it's going to be really interesting to see how they have managed to keep the thermals down.
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM   #2785
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
On my sofa

I want both.

If I'm gonna drop £500 on a console, then support it throughout the life cycle I want it to be quiet and look the shit
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM   #2786
Expert Member

Sep 2018
You don't need to know where I live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Grudge View Post
I agree with you there. It's a ridiculous looking horseshoe. The original picture came out of a patent of an 'electronic device' registered by Sony. To me the picture reminds me more of a modem. The horseshoe is NOT the console; it makes no engineering sense to me, as far as ventilation is concerned.

That said, I don't care what it looks like as long as the performance & reliability is there; I'll just place it behind the XB and in a paper bag (that might affect the ventilation though). I'm only really interested in playing Gran Turismo, if it is a decent leap from GT Sport.
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #2787
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I'm more than willing to sacrifice good looks for massively improved ventilation.

I have to wonder just how big this thing is going to be because the tech they are packing in isn't far off what the newest consumer gaming PCs are running so it's going to be really interesting to see how they have managed to keep the thermals down.
Yeah, the tech does seem to be quite new compared ro prior gens but honestly, i trust Sony to make the best choice for form factor and reliability. I'm expecting the boxes to be a bit bigger than PS4 was though to help with the size of the tech and ventilation.
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #2788
Special Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

I have good faith that Sony will pull off a stylish (maybe radical) design for the finished article. I can’t think of a single Sony product in my lifetime that I haven’t admired...even the Fatboy PS3 that many people mocked, I loved and still do.
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #2789
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Yeah, the tech does seem to be quite new compared ro prior gens but honestly, i trust Sony to make the best choice for form factor and reliability. I'm expecting the boxes to be a bit bigger than PS4 was though to help with the size of the tech and ventilation.
For ventilation yeah it makes sense for it to be bigger. The PS2 was a bit boxy but I donít see Sony going back to that type of box design. MS has the easy part for theirs. A simplistic box just ainít Sonyís style. They always have to add some cosmetic flair to it. Hopefully the flair this time actually helps the consoleís performance.
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #2790
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
For ventilation yeah it makes sense for it to be bigger. The PS2 was a bit boxy but I don’t see Sony going back to that type of box design. MS has the easy part for theirs. A simplistic box just ain’t Sony’s style. They always have to add some cosmetic flair to it. Hopefully the flair this time actually helps the console’s performance.
It's not going to look like that dev kit but in truth, I REALLY don't give a shit what it looks like. After looking at so many of those gaudy, neon, "Vegas" PC towers, I seriously doubt anything Sony comes up with for PS5 could be any worse to me than those. if the "V" design is instrumental in keeping the PS5 cool and quiet, well then so be it! I'd rather the system be ugly and quiet than pretty and noisy.
Thanks given by:
Trekkie313 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM   #2791
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
For ventilation yeah it makes sense for it to be bigger. The PS2 was a bit boxy but I donít see Sony going back to that type of box design. MS has the easy part for theirs. A simplistic box just ainít Sonyís style. They always have to add some cosmetic flair to it. Hopefully the flair this time actually helps the consoleís performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
It's not going to look like that dev kit but in truth, I REALLY don't give a shit what it looks like. After looking at so many of those gaudy, neon, "Vegas" PC towers, I seriously doubt anything Sony comes up with for PS5 could be any worse to me than those. if the "V" design is instrumental in keeping the PS5 cool and quiet, well then so be it! I'd rather the system be ugly and quiet than pretty and noisy.
I feel like Sony should make the "V" a rotating emblem type of design so when it's laid flat or upright it can be moved. The PS2 symbols used to have that feature where it swivels too. I do think the extra vents could inform part of the design of the retail units though and feature heavily in the design to help but i think people also need to realise that the placement of components and the fans being of a quality design will probably make a bigger impact too.

The PS5 will probably have a snazzy design come retail with how PC gaming has made a come back and has designs with flair.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4