Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part One (Blu-ray)
$25.84

Xabungle: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season One Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Cutie Honey Universe: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Space Runaway Ideon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Fate/Stay Night: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.99

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.99

Bloom Into You (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Girls' Last Tour: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 10-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #5841
Power Member

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
Never. Going. To. Happen.

Don't even expect it to happen, as until FUNi goes bankrupt they'll have Dragon Ball.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #5842
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
Never. Going. To. Happen.

Don't even expect it to happen, as until FUNi goes bankrupt they'll have Dragon Ball.
with funi in Sonys hands.......... cant relly go bankrupt in quite the same fashion

youd have to convince sony to care and overide there work
Old 10-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #5843
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
with funi in Sonys hands.......... cant relly go bankrupt in quite the same fashion

youd have to convince sony to care and overide there work
Not bankrupt, but TOEI can revoke the license from FUNimation if they so wanted.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #5844

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Not bankrupt, but TOEI can revoke the license from FUNimation if they so wanted.
They should do this, but who really out there has the same resources as funimation now? Could any of the other licesors really have put our dbs broly in theaters as well as funi? And now that they have more connections with sony, they might be better off now, in toeis eyes. if a certain court case and the poor pr that garnered wasn't enough to get them to revoke the lisence, and all the other poor dvd/bd releases aren't enough either, then nothing will be enough for toei. They probably don't care as much either. as long as they keep making enough money off of it
Old 10-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #5845
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagpo View Post
They should do this, but who really out there has the same resources as funimation now? Could any of the other licesors really have put our dbs broly in theaters as well as funi? And now that they have more connections with sony, they might be better off now, in toeis eyes. if a certain court case and the poor pr that garnered wasn't enough to get them to revoke the lisence, and all the other poor dvd/bd releases aren't enough either, then nothing will be enough for toei. They probably don't care as much either. as long as they keep making enough money off of it
It seems very unlikely. Besides that SONY owns FUNimation and FUNimation acquired Manga U.K. this year, it looks like they're possibly going to expand into other countries (where profitable, of course).

I'm just glad that Manga U.K. released Super Broly before they were bought by FUNimation as their release (and the others released in the West) don't have that green tint that FUNi's BD/DVD does.

You know, I'd be interested to see what Discotek would do if they had the Dragon Ball license in their possession. Or heck, ADV Films but ADV Films doesn't exist anymore.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #5846
Power Member

Apr 2011
Amazon

Selecta Visión shared a higher quality image of Dragon Ball - Box 1 and it looks really nice. They'll show everything except his the video remaster looks like, seems a bit suspicious that they're hiding something that may be inevitable (criticism). But hey, let's hope not.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:29 PM   #5847
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013

im deff getting these spanish versions
Old 10-20-2019, 10:46 PM   #5848
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hek_qwerr View Post
im deff getting these spanish versions
If it's just an upscale then I'll just stick with my Dragon Ball Saga Sets.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:23 PM   #5849
Power Member

Oct 2006

Quote:
It seems very unlikely. Besides that SONY owns FUNimation and FUNimation acquired Manga U.K. this year, it looks like they're possibly going to expand into other countries (where profitable, of course).

I'm just glad that Manga U.K. released Super Broly before they were bought by FUNimation as their release (and the others released in the West) don't have that green tint that FUNi's BD/DVD does.

You know, I'd be interested to see what Discotek would do if they had the Dragon Ball license in their possession. Or heck, ADV Films but ADV Films doesn't exist anymore.
what about viz media if they got the copy of the zero negative prints of dragon ball/z/gt the movies and the three specials?
Old 10-20-2019, 11:59 PM   #5850
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
what about viz media if they got the copy of the zero negative prints of dragon ball/z/gt the movies and the three specials?
After what they did to Sailor Moon I kinda lost respect for them.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM   #5851
Expert Member

Jul 2018

The Sailor Moon series IIRC, are Viz's in-house upconverts of Toei's uncut JP masters with DNR and interlacing artifacts to boot. Oddly enough, series creator Naoko Takeuchi approved them and despite massive fan backlash towards P/Q, everyone else only cared that the JP uncut versions were included with dub and were good enough for Viz.

Fortunately, the Sailor Moon movies fared slightly better. Toei did proper 2k scans of those and were already "cleaned up" by the time Viz did any meddling to them.
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #5852

Aug 2019

Quote:

sony also has a stake in toei. So id be shocked if funi ever lost DB
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #5853

Aug 2019

Quote:
Seriously the sailor moon redub was even worse than the 90's dub. worst voice acting ive seen since the 90s. and the 'upscale' they did of it....
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #5854

Jul 2016

Those colors . They almost look like the orange bricks. Goku's skin is pink and his gi is almost red.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #5855
Power Member

Oct 2006

Quote:
true but they weren't given true negatives they were given crap. besides I prefer sailor moon crystal to the 90s anime because sailor moon isn't a coward through out the series. plus the 4th season comes out in theaters next year also viz did a great dub for sailor moon their voices are better than funimation's dragon ball franchise dubs plain and simple overall. even though yeah the voices have some wrinkles to them.
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM   #5856
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumi View Post
Those colors . They almost look like the orange bricks. Goku's skin is pink and his gi is almost red.
Pink skin and red gi? Dragon Box colors.
Old Today, 04:03 AM   #5857

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumi View Post
I would have rather of them just given us the raw image with accurate color correction.
Old Today, 08:13 AM   #5858
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGulpShrimp View Post
I would have rather of them just given us the raw image with accurate color correction.
If that had happened, it would have sold out within its first day and the 750 copies on FUNimation U.K. would have been sold too but those 750 are still available.

FUNimation really screwed it up.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime