Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99
3 hrs ago
Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits (Blu-ray)
$62.49

Come and See (Blu-ray)
$22.97
6 hrs ago
Cinema Paradiso 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$22.97
21 hrs ago
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)
$22.97
11 hrs ago
Charlie's Angels 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.72

Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Armored Trooper Votoms: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
7 hrs ago
Children of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$14.99

District 9 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs

Old 05-19-2018, 01:11 PM   #21
Special Member

Jul 2009
Cincinnati, OH

Glad I saw this. Just ordered one.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:26 PM   #22

Jun 2020

Hi Audiodane, are you still selling PMCv2? Also, your website is down, I would like to look up development history and product details.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:51 AM   #23

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydavidho View Post
Hi Audiodane, are you still selling PMCv2? Also, your website is down, I would like to look up development history and product details.
Hi @cydavidho - thank you for letting me know! My hosting service migrated my sites to new servers, and although they sent me emails with a very clear "you must do this" instructions, .... I neglected to do so. ha ha ha. ("I had ONE JOB!!!"!) Anyway, DNS records updated yesterday, new SSL certificates created today, wordpress and all the various plugins should be all up-to-date now.

Thank you again for letting me know!

Now, back to your question. Well, I posted recently about it at AVSForum. In short, LIFE keeps happening. I intend to do a new build, garner interest, get quotes updated (parts, PCBs, cables, shipping envelopes and labels, etc) and BOOM, life throws another curve ball.

I *want* to produce another set. Maybe go big or go home and make like the last 300 I'll ever make or something. But that takes serious capital, and serious time, to produce all those units. Maybe if someone came along and said, "hey, I'll do all that for you," then it could happen more quickly. I have offered to sell the entire IP rights outright for a very nominal fee any nobody has stepped up to ask about it. I have offered to pay people to do the "manual labor" (stuffing envelopes, programming and testing units, cutting and installing the shrink-wrap plastic over the critical parts, etc), and again, nobody has shown an interest. So, it has to wait until I have enough bandwidth to sit down for several hours per night for several weeks to do all that myself.

At this rate, the EARLIEST I could have units ready for sale is probably September. (approx 8-12 weeks of production time)

And every month goes by means fewer and fewer of these model TV's still in use.

BUT. I'm interested. I just have SO little time. We're coming up on seven years since mironto and I first started talking about how to make the fix more user-accessible (https://audiodane.dandk.org/pmcv1/pmcv1-history). A lot happens in 7 years!

Anyway. Who's interested again? And are y'all wiling to pay for 7yrs of inflation?

..dane
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs