Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99
2 hrs ago
Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits (Blu-ray)
$62.49

Cinema Paradiso 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
23 hrs ago
Come and See (Blu-ray)
$22.97
5 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$22.97
20 hrs ago
Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)
$22.97
11 hrs ago
Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Armored Trooper Votoms: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
6 hrs ago
Children of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$14.99

District 9 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 06-30-2020, 02:36 PM   #21
Expert Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
So basically if Lockhart is indeed a POS hybrid next-gen system, devs will have to make their game compatible with,

Xbox One / S
Xbox One X
Xbox Lockhart
Xbox Series X

Seems like a hassle for devs, more so for 3rd party devs who will support PS4 & PS5 along with all those Xbox’s.
I suppose this would make it more PC-like, optimizing a game to play in a wider array of similar hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I'd expect to see very sloppy optimisation on the Series S if indeed real from 3rd parties.
Perhaps MS has some tools to help with the optimization or a process that automatically “dials-down” the effects, similar to the current use of dynamic resolution.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #22
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
Perhaps MS has some tools to help with the optimization or a process that automatically “dials-down” the effects, similar to the current use of dynamic resolution.
I would expect this to be the case. Most devs are already used to making games for PC with a zillion different configurations. I don't see how it would be any more difficult for 4 different Xbox skus.

The biggest obstacle IMO with introducing a Lockhart into your family of consoles is it has the potential to create unwanted confusion amongst consumers. Now one could argue that the X1S and the X1X seem to coexist just fine on store shelves. However there's a difference between introducing a mid-gen upgrade 4 years after the fact and launching two totally different hardware configurations simultaneously at the start of a generation. I'll be happy to be proven wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if the Lockhart gets discontinued 2-3 years after launch.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 05:21 PM   #23
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I think the answer we're looking for is Direct X 12 Ultimate the first universal graphics API designed to work across Windows consoles and PCs, MS ace in the hole for optimising games for multiple platforms.

Last edited by Mavrick; 06-30-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (06-30-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 09:15 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Old 07-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #25
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertron View Post
I disagree with this quite a bit. Sony don't need to worry because they have a set spec. Digital or Disk.

MS has now got a 2 tier SKU allegedly for next gen AND they want to make people aware of their support for X1 family of consoles for 2 years. That's a terrible balancing act when it comes to marketing and customer perceptions on what is and isn't "Next Gen" imo.

Of course we'll see how this plays out in sales but even if that video as it claims where people don't care about 4K visuals. A side by side comparison of the Lockhart and Series X should still show the benefits of the Series X 4K image supersampled down to 10800 over a native 1080p image. I don't think MS is being smart at all this coming gen but we'll see.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:15 PM   #26
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I disagree with this quite a bit. Sony don't need to worry because they have a set spec. Digital or Disk.

MS has now got a 2 tier SKU allegedly for next gen AND they want to make people aware of their support for X1 family of consoles for 2 years. That's a terrible balancing act when it comes to marketing and customer perceptions on what is and isn't "Next Gen" imo.

Of course we'll see how this plays out in sales but even if that video as it claims where people don't care about 4K visuals. A side by side comparison of the Lockhart and Series X should still show the benefits of the Series X 4K image supersampled down to 10800 over a native 1080p image. I don't think MS is being smart at all this coming gen but we'll see.
That guy is a shill and complete Xbox/PC homer. Almost every video this guy makes that's Sony related has some kind of negative connotation attached to it.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:25 PM   #27
Expert Member

Nov 2014

I couldn’t even make it through the video, that guy is obnoxious! (I hope I’m not that annoying)

I’m all about having choices so if MS wants to release the Diet Coke of consoles, so be it. I still think the only way it will really work is if they kill off the XO, otherwise (as already stated by the rest of the board) it will just be confusing. Going into the holiday w/ 5 SKUs (XOS, XOSAD, XOX, XSS, XSX) is a bit much.

Last edited by heyadol; 07-04-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X