Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89
 
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.10
20 hrs ago
Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
IMAX: National Parks Adventure 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$15.76
10 hrs ago
Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.31
 
Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.67
 
Sector 7 (Blu-ray)
$14.32
 
Tormented 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2017, 12:20 AM   #1
ascotinmpls ascotinmpls is offline
Senior Member
 
ascotinmpls's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Portland, OR
12
607
8
Question Troubleshooting 3D playback issues - settings/pixelation/jitter/stall/freezing etc

Mods: Please move if this is in the wrong forum.

Apologies for the long post.

Ive had 3D content for a while but never had a display to render it. That changed last week when i took the leap into the land of the projector. However, i'm having issues playing my 3D movies via my PS4 and my BD player - works fine on my Xbox One for some reason. My preference would be to run it through my BD player if it all possible.

Here is my setup:

Epson 2045 Projector
Denon AVR-S710W (latest firmware)
Sony BDP-6200 (latest firmware)
Xbox One (latest firmware)
PS4 (latest firmware)

Connecting my Projector to the receiver is Actiontec's MyWirelessTV2 wireless HDMI receiver and transmitter - which is 3D compatible and also came with HDMI 2.0 cables.

I also have a Vizio TV in the same setup and since my receiver is only 1 output, i also have a HDMI splitter (HDMI 1.4 compatable).

My BD player is connected to the receiver using a brand new HDMI 2.0 cable.
My Xbox One is connected to the receiver using a HDMI 2.0 cable
My PS4 is connected to the receiver using a HDMI 1.4 cable.

At first i thought it could be an issue with the HDMI cables so i have tested all 3 cables on the BD player, Xbox One and PS4 and with each combination, only the Xbox One plays 3D content.

Ive found a few troubleshooting guides for Sony BD players where they recommend changing some video and playback settings but that has not helped. Also did a factory reset with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:33 AM   #2
Ray O. Blu Ray O. Blu is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Ray O. Blu's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
The £Ŗ«
34
1454
50
6
Default

The Actiontec Mywireless device may be the issue.
There are a lot of reported compatibility issues with that unit.

Some folks have reported that each time you change to a different device in your setup, you might need to resync your wifi so that there is a proper handshake between all components.

Everything else that you mentioned seems like it's ok, though. I'd start there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 PM   #3
ascotinmpls ascotinmpls is offline
Senior Member
 
ascotinmpls's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Portland, OR
12
607
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray O. Blu View Post
The Actiontec Mywireless device may be the issue.
There are a lot of reported compatibility issues with that unit.

Some folks have reported that each time you change to a different device in your setup, you might need to resync your wifi so that there is a proper handshake between all components.

Everything else that you mentioned seems like it's ok, though. I'd start there.
Thanks - i'll keep trying different scenarios. It may well be the Actiontec. So far i have not experienced any noticeable issues with the actiontec - it's switching between devices fine so far - i've read lots of issues about the v1 product.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ray O. Blu (04-27-2017)
Old 08-11-2019, 12:15 AM   #4
Elias1901 Elias1901 is offline
Member
 
Elias1901's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
Alberta, Canada
Question Troubleshooting 3D playback issues - pixelation/jitter/stall/freezing etc

Hey all,

So. We were viewing my 3D Blu-ray of ďCarsĒ the other evening and noticed something particularly screwy during the scene when Lightning McQueen and Sally are taking their drive through the Ornament Valley. They drive through some puddles, spritzing water, McQueen hits some mud, etc.

Then, along the roadway, they drive through a pile of leaves which all blow up all around them and suddenly there is this really weird occurrence where itíll glitch slightly (the audio is fine, just the picture) and there will be suddenly pixilation flashing on the screen around the area where the leaves are flying up into the air... not sure this is a problem with the disc or a problem with my player or TV... I dunno, itís annoying to know that this has this problem though...

We also watched ďCars 2Ē and while it never had that much of a weird pixilated occurrence, I did observe the occasional moment in the animation where say a character would be driving and it would almost seem like the animation fluidity stutters for a split second and just looks odd... but it is gone so fast that if you blink, youíd miss it. It could also be described as a brief stall in the film...

Anybody know if thereís a fix to this sort of thing? I tried to update my LG 4K/3D player and it says there is no updates to be found... sooo... that rules out that. Not sure if it perhaps is a setting on my LG 4K/3D TV itself or if it is a defect on the disc? I checked the discs and they are not scratched or damaged what so ever. They are also perfectly clean, hardly ever played... if it is the disc, Iíll have to go through the long and tedious process of contacting Disney and going through their defective Blu-ray return and replacement program and Iíd like to avoid that if I can...

Thanks!

Last edited by Elias1901; 08-11-2019 at 12:24 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:03 AM   #5
br3ttD br3ttD is offline
Active Member
 
br3ttD's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
2
Default

Sounds like it might be your tv but don't worry. There are scenes in some movies that for whatever reason my LG 3-D/4K tv just doesn't like. A few scenes in The Great Wall and Comin' At Ya come to mind.

In other words, if your tv is glitching at the exact same moment in the movie, you should be ok. If it glitches at random, you might have something to worry about. I'm not a tech guy tho, just going by what I see on my tv. Hope this helps.

Last edited by br3ttD; 08-11-2019 at 03:13 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:39 AM   #6
Elias1901 Elias1901 is offline
Member
 
Elias1901's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
Alberta, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3ttD View Post
Sounds like it might be your tv but don't worry. There are scenes in some movies that for whatever reason my LG 3-D/4K tv just doesn't like. A few scenes in The Great Wall and Comin' At Ya come to mind.

In other words, if your tv is glitching at the exact same moment in the movie, you should be ok. If it glitches at random, you might have something to worry about. I'm not a tech guy tho, just going by what I see on my tv. Hope this helps.
Well. The one instance I mentioned about hitting the leaves always happened and was noticeable, regardless of taking the disc out and replaying the scene. The others I mentioned I havenít re-reviewed where they have their slight jitters in their respective scenes... not sure if itís consistent or if it just occurs every now and again.

Are there any settings I can fiddle with on my LG to optimize it for better playback of 3D content? Perhaps rid the issue?? I dunno if itís just unavoidable or not. Kind of weird that something like that would just ďhappenĒ with no resolve...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:00 AM   #7
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
Default

Hi Elias.

I had to return my copy of Cars 2 because the picture froze. Might be tracking problems with some discs due to pressing. Only a guess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:34 AM   #8
Elias1901 Elias1901 is offline
Member
 
Elias1901's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
Alberta, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi Elias.

I had to return my copy of Cars 2 because the picture froze. Might be tracking problems with some discs due to pressing. Only a guess.
Interesting. Well, our copies haven’t outright froze or halted or skipped drastically in any way. More like slight hiccups that don’t interfere with the film’s continuation. But that said, I still don’t believe that’s how the product is intended to be... it’s either the disc itself or my TV...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:32 PM   #9
br3ttD br3ttD is offline
Active Member
 
br3ttD's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias1901 View Post
Well. The one instance I mentioned about hitting the leaves always happened and was noticeable, regardless of taking the disc out and replaying the scene. The others I mentioned I havenít re-reviewed where they have their slight jitters in their respective scenes... not sure if itís consistent or if it just occurs every now and again.

Are there any settings I can fiddle with on my LG to optimize it for better playback of 3D content? Perhaps rid the issue?? I dunno if itís just unavoidable or not. Kind of weird that something like that would just ďhappenĒ with no resolve...
The glitches I experience only last a split second so it never ruins the movie for me. Once I realized it was happening at the exact same moment during the exact same movie, I just accepted it as some weird anomaly going on in the picture. Was there too much of a particular color or was there too much motion? I don't know.
The 3-D picture on my LG already looks so amazing I don't want to mess with any settings that might spoil it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:36 PM   #10
Elias1901 Elias1901 is offline
Member
 
Elias1901's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
Alberta, Canada
Default

I’m just wondering if in the case of the kicking up leaves causing the glitches out pixelation effect is the fault of the disc or if they are all like that. I suppose I could go through the return and exchange process they offer and see if a new disc does the same thing or not...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #11
br3ttD br3ttD is offline
Active Member
 
br3ttD's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias1901 View Post
Iím just wondering if in the case of the kicking up leaves causing the glitches out pixelation effect is the fault of the disc or if they are all like that. I suppose I could go through the return and exchange process they offer and see if a new disc does the same thing or not...
And it's a lot cheaper than having to replace your tv. I hope it doesn't come to that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:33 PM   #12
Elias1901 Elias1901 is offline
Member
 
Elias1901's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
Alberta, Canada
Default

Unless somebody that owns the first Cars film in 3D could scan to 1:08:20 and let me know if they observe the same weird pixelation glitch occurring or if it’s just me... :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:31 AM   #13
-N- -N- is offline
Member
 
Jul 2017
27
43
Default

No pixelation on mine at that spot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #14
Peter Presto Peter Presto is offline
New Member
 
Sep 2017
Default 3 - d , d.v.d.problem,

I have around 300 3-d Blue Ray films which all play with no problems. BUT, my 3 recent purchases of Marvel films ; AVENGERS ENDGAME, THOR RAGNAROK,
BLACK PANTHER, will not play. all I get is what looks like a menu screen but without the menu printed on it, so I am unable to go forward & play the D.V.Ds ! The films have all been exchanged but the new ones are exactly the same. Can anyone help with this problem ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:26 AM   #15
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
Default

Hi Peter,
Had that problem on other discs. The graphic appeared but with no menu options. And on discs I had for years.

Taking the disc out and starting over helped but I wonder if it's a problem with the a/v receiver. Mine started acting up slowly, first with standard Blu-ray and DVD picture going black on and off. Then in time other things began occuring which leads me to believe the microprocessor was broken.

Can you hook up your player bypassing the receiver to experiment?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #16
Peter Presto Peter Presto is offline
New Member
 
Sep 2017
Default Am i alone ?

As a big Blue Ray / 3 - D , D.V.D.FAN, I am frustrated that I do not seem to get a response from anyone else of like minded. Has any one else encounted playback problems with the latest Marvel D.V.Ds ? I just get a picture without a menu so can't play the disc's.I have 100s of 3 - D discs with no problems in playing, it is just the latest Marvel films. Help anyone ?
Peter Presto,
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #17
film11 film11 is offline
Special Member
 
Mar 2010
1
Default

Havent watched Endgame yet but had no issue with Ragnarok.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:36 PM   #18
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Presto View Post
As a big Blue Ray / 3 - D , D.V.D.FAN, I am frustrated that I do not seem to get a response from anyone else of like minded. Has any one else encounted playback problems with the latest Marvel D.V.Ds ? I just get a picture without a menu so can't play the disc's.I have 100s of 3 - D discs with no problems in playing, it is just the latest Marvel films. Help anyone ?
Peter Presto,
Doesn't sound like it would be the 3D disc that is at fault.
New authored discs sometimes require a Blu-ray player to get a license-key update from a player software release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:38 AM   #19
-N- -N- is offline
Member
 
Jul 2017
27
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Presto View Post
As a big Blue Ray / 3 - D , D.V.D.FAN, I am frustrated that I do not seem to get a response from anyone else of like minded. Has any one else encounted playback problems with the latest Marvel D.V.Ds ?
Black Panther and Ragnarok both play without problem for me.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:40 PM.