Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Pete Walker Collection Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$43.94

The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.51

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Pina 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Smurfs 2 in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Players, Hardware and Technology

Old 09-01-2021, 06:50 AM   #1

Jul 2021
Adelaide
Default Wireless 3D video and audio transmission

Hi guys...

I got bored yesterday and had the idea to see if I could wirelessly transmit a 3D video signal from my 3D Blu-ray player to an Epson 3D projector using an Accsoon Cineeye Pro 2 HDMI wireless transmitter...

It was looking promising as the inserted Blu-ray showed the language selection menu but unfortunately when the 3D menu was meant to appear I instead got a message stating that I needed to play back the 3DBD on a 3D display.... bummer

Does anyone know of any wireless video transmitters that work with a 3D signal?

Anyway I have had more success on the audio side using a 5.8 GHz analogue video transmitter to send 24 Bit 96KHz PCM audio wirelessly with ZERO latency from the Blu-ray player to my audio receiver...

These video senders have an analogue stereo RCA input and a coax analogue composite video input...as the video cable on analogue video is the same as the cables used for digital PCM audio ( 75 ohm coaxial cable with RCA or BNC connectors) the video sender is tricked into sending PCM audio instead of video...it works brilliantly as long as nothing blocks the signal.

The only limitation is it doesn't recognise surround sound encoded content like Dolby DTS etc but on the receiving end I have been using Dolby Pro logic to do a pseudo surround mix and it sounds good to my ears.

Anyone else doing anything similar?
Old 09-01-2021, 02:44 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

ARIES Home+ Wireless HD Video 2 Input Transmitter & Receiver

https://www.nyrius.com/aries-home-wi...itter-receiver
Thanks given by:
Spectra (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #3

Jul 2021
Adelaide

Thanks that looks interesting but has a few mixed reviews. The advertising blurb mentions zero latency which you pay big money for in broadcast gear.

It also mentions "uncompressed video" which is I suspect the issue i am having with the Accsoon system as it uses realtime h264 compression to send video and has 60ms latency or 2 frames of ntsc video which is basically negligible.

It's also using 5Ghz RF transmission which is similar to the standard definition video senders I am using to send PCM digital audio and as such would suffer from the same issue of dropouts if you don't have line of sight transmission I would guess.

It does also mention 3D capability but doesn't specify if it supports full HD frame packed 3D format which I will definitely need for Blu-ray 3D.if it was only sbs or oau it probably wouldn't be that useful.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:02 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

If you are interested enough, I recommend you call the company and discuss their equipment against your needs. Get your answers "from the horses mouth."
Old 09-02-2021, 02:54 AM   #5

Jul 2021
Adelaide

Yes I have sent them an inquiry and will confirm wether it supports frame packed 3D format when I hear back from the company....thanks.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:41 PM   #6

Jul 2021
Adelaide

Received a reply from Nyrius regarding their Aries Home 3D HDMI Transmitter and they confirmed it does support frame packed 3D format, sbs and t+b

Old 09-14-2021, 11:12 AM   #7

Sep 2021

I use the IOGEAR and it works flawlessly. But I do have to say, I'm only using it at about 12ft away. I have not tested it across rooms or at longer distances. I haven't notice a difference in video quality, and it also works great with 3D.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:36 PM   #8

Jul 2021
Adelaide

Hi Ingrid1

Thanks for sharing your experience with the IOGEAR...

The range of the Nyrius is supposedly 100 feet / 30 metres but I would think 10 metres would be a more realistic number as RF is quite susceptible to electromagnetic interference and it also has internal antennas...

Video quality should be as good as sending via HDMI cable as it is transmitting uncompressed video without any re-scaling...

I will probably get the Nyrius to test down the track but have to get another HDMI transmitter first (DJI Raveneye) for an entirely different purpose...if I get the Nyrius I will pass on my thoughts about its capabilities.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Players, Hardware and Technology