Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.99

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.27

Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$14.49
1 day ago
Naruto: Set 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.96

To Love Ru Darkness 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Future Boy Conan: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$32.99

Is the Order a Rabbit?: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$21.59
13 hrs ago
Atelier Escha & Logy - Alchemists Of The Dusk Sky: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.16
1 day ago
Black Clover: Season 3, Part 5 (Blu-ray)
$39.48

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 5 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 09-23-2021, 04:26 PM   #6701

Dec 2015

Anyone else still waiting on rightstuf to get stock? I bought big order during Birthday or Summer in July. I'm still waiting on my order to ship, because 3-4 items still waiting for re-stock seems. It sucks because ordering in Canada you got to wait for all it to come back and you never have any idea.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:40 PM   #6702
Blu-ray Guru

May 2020
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
A comparison between the menus showing a difference in video quality. Old | New
That is interesting. It looks as if the old disc had some noise reduction, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwfb5 View Post
Wow. Does the first Blu-ray really look that bad compared to the SteelBook edition? Tell that's just with menus!
I've watch my copy watched once, but I remember it looking a lot better than that.
I've watched my old disc at least once and don't recall it looking bad but I wasn't doing a direct comparison either.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:44 PM   #6703
Blu-ray Champion

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaFive View Post
I've watched my old disc at least once and don't recall it looking bad but I wasn't doing a direct comparison either.
Yeah, the differences in many of these comparisons of still images are so minimal that the majority of people are not going to notice the issues when the video is in motion, unless it is something major like sharpening or color correction across the entire video. In general, a lot of these "bad" videos still look perfectly fine to acceptable to most people. Even if there is an "improved" video available, it is still hard to notice much of a difference unless you are doing an actual side by side comparison on two screens. I'll still make an effort to purchase the release known to have the best video if possible, but if what I already have looks good to me up on the screen, I don't worry about it too much.
Thanks given by:
AreaFive (09-23-2021), gwfb5 (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 09:08 PM   #6704
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
New Brunswick, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
Yeah, the differences in many of these comparisons of still images are so minimal that the majority of people are not going to notice the issues when the video is in motion, unless it is something major like sharpening or color correction across the entire video. In general, a lot of these "bad" videos still look perfectly fine to acceptable to most people. Even if there is an "improved" video available, it is still hard to notice much of a difference unless you are doing an actual side by side comparison on two screens. I'll still make an effort to purchase the release known to have the best video if possible, but if what I already have looks good to me up on the screen, I don't worry about it too much.
Has anyone done a full screenshot comparison between the two Sentai releases of GotF? (other than the menu screens)
Having one on a site like https://caps-a-holic.com/index.php would be nice.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:25 PM   #6705
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2019
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperb21 View Post
Anyone else still waiting on rightstuf to get stock? I bought big order during Birthday or Summer in July.
Yup, still have two left that haven't shipped yet. I actually just checked earlier today, and one came back in-stock. Not sure if they'll also split that one, or wait for the other. It's funny, because the final one I'm waiting for is one that was already dang cheap, and was seemingly widely available, at least of course until the sale.

It's a bit of a problem for me at the moment, since I'm moving soon. So I either need it to ship now, or for it to take even longer so I can change the address.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:33 PM   #6706
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwfb5 View Post
Has anyone done a full screenshot comparison between the two Sentai releases of GotF? (other than the menu screens)
Having one on a site like https://caps-a-holic.com/index.php would be nice.
Shockingly, no. Doesn't help not many are aware the SteelBook has a brand new disc despite multiple things showing as much.
Thanks given by:
gwfb5 (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 11:36 PM   #6707

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazeBlue View Post
Yup, still have two left that haven't shipped yet. I actually just checked earlier today, and one came back in-stock. Not sure if they'll also split that one, or wait for the other. It's funny, because the final one I'm waiting for is one that was already dang cheap, and was seemingly widely available, at least of course until the sale.

It's a bit of a problem for me at the moment, since I'm moving soon. So I either need it to ship now, or for it to take even longer so I can change the address.
My list is pretty long still waiting on Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Classics, Hinamatsuri Essentials, Konosuba Season 2 + OVA, Nichijou Essentials, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Essentials, Terror in Resonance Essentials and HYOUKA Essentials. A lot of these are just out of stock everywhere from amazon, funimation store and everywhere. So I could be waiting until next year or later.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:09 PM   #6708

May 2018
Columbus, OH

Anyone know which Funimation DVDs had Mr. Stain on Junk Alley shorts on them, beyond the standalone release.
Looks like The Galaxy Railways has episodes 5, 6, 7 and 11.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM   #6709
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikoman444 View Post
Anyone know which Funimation DVDs had Mr. Stain on Junk Alley shorts on them, beyond the standalone release.
Looks like The Galaxy Railways has episodes 5, 6, 7 and 11.
Well that would be easier to just get the Complete Collection DVD if it wasn’t so expensive. But I do remember it being on Fullmetal Alchemist.

Old Today, 03:59 AM   #6710
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

I should of course know the answer to this but feeling poorly this eve and functioning on minimum brain cells required.
Can I 'add' an additional item or two to an RS order that has not even come close to shipping yet?
If so, do I need to email them or is there a box to check on the final order form.
Sorry for the obvious...
Old Today, 04:04 AM   #6711

Feb 2020
Somewhere in Canada

Oh my god. That.

I think my copy of Desert Punk Disc 1 (Enter The Desert) has one of those shorts. Don’t know which one though.
Old Today, 04:05 AM   #6712
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
I should of course know the answer to this but feeling poorly this eve and functioning on minimum brain cells required.
Can I 'add' an additional item or two to an RS order that has not even come close to shipping yet?
If so, do I need to email them or is there a box to check on the final order form.
Sorry for the obvious...
No. They will tell you to cancel the existing order and create a new order.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Tags
anime, berserk, manga