Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.99
14 hrs ago
X-Men: Apocalypse 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Ready Player One 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.23

$14.99

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.75
7 hrs ago
Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Assassin's Creed 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Maze 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.72

September Storm 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.12

Arthur Christmas 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.12

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 3D (Blu-ray)
$74.99
19 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 10-26-2018, 09:22 AM   #101

Jul 2016

I have LG OLED 65E6V and 55E6V tv's. Few days ago the picture settings on both tv's were changed for some reason.

I have Xbox One X connected on both tv's. When I played 4K UHD disc with HDR the TrueMotion setting was turned on. I never ever use that option. I noticed the bad picture immediately (I hate TrueMotion) and turned the TrueMotion off again.

It did the same thing on both tv's. No new firmware was installed or anything.

Just a weird coincidence?
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (11-06-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #102

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonppa View Post
I have LG OLED 65E6V and 55E6V tv's. Few days ago the picture settings on both tv's were changed for some reason.

I have Xbox One X connected on both tv's. When I played 4K UHD disc with HDR the TrueMotion setting was turned on. I never ever use that option. I noticed the bad picture immediately (I hate TrueMotion) and turned the TrueMotion off again.

It did the same thing on both tv's. No new firmware was installed or anything.

Just a weird coincidence?
LGs in the last few years have often done this- there is a stupid, idiotic 'auto update' dtv channel option which in many cases causes the tv to lose all dtv channels and need a tune in daily.

it can be turned off, but it can come back sometimes- ive notcied the same with general settings, like its auto reset its settings.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:52 AM   #103

Jul 2017
england

another customer with a faulty screen, this time an E6, looks like lg are going down the 'tough its 2d only repair' this time.

The call centre girl had a really nice attitude about it this time, and is escalating to management....will see how that goes, but hopefully enough peoples complaints will be heard.
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #104

Jan 2012

I've bought a LG OLED 55E6V in december 2017. It was the last 4K OLED 3D tv I could get my hands on. I've spend a lot of money collection 3D blu-rays. I was very pleased with my screen but last weekend, suddenly the screen went black on occasion while the sound is still playing. I've tried everything but nothing works. Now a repairman is coming from LG.

I hope they can fix it! Previously I had a plasmascreen for over 8 years and still working. This OLED tv is not even a year old.

Made me realize that if this tv is really broken, I can just toss out my whole 3D collection. Any other experiences like this with this screen?
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #105

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
I've bought a LG OLED 55E6V in december 2017. It was the last 4K OLED 3D tv I could get my hands on. I've spend a lot of money collection 3D blu-rays. I was very pleased with my screen but last weekend, suddenly the screen went black on occasion while the sound is still playing. I've tried everything but nothing works. Now a repairman is coming from LG.

I hope they can fix it! Previously I had a plasmascreen for over 8 years and still working. This OLED tv is not even a year old.

Made me realize that if this tv is really broken, I can just toss out my whole 3D collection. Any other experiences like this with this screen?
I seem to get this with lg's sometimes, intermittent and impossible to prove blanking out.

Luckily that usually seems to be fixed with a main pcb or power supply so fingers crossed not screen related.

Remember on an oled to run in your pixel refresher now and again to reduce screen burn chances.

We had some where the external box (sky Q) resolution settings were causing odd black lines and blanking out until the settings on sky and lg tv where changed, might have been the hdmi deep colour setting or something caused a niggle.

if i had an oled that was unfixable id demand recompense under 6 years product liability or store warranty and buy a projector, 2nd hand tv or ps4 with VR but none of those look as good as a 2016 oled 3d in my opniion

let me know how you get on, hope its ok!
Old 11-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #106

Jan 2012

Thank you for the feedback! It's a strange thing. The "black outs" are highly unpredictable. I've recorded the issue so the technical guy from LG can see what is happening. I will post what causes this problem. Next Friday, hopefully it is resolved.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #107

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Thank you for the feedback! It's a strange thing. The "black outs" are highly unpredictable. I've recorded the issue so the technical guy from LG can see what is happening. I will post what causes this problem. Next Friday, hopefully it is resolved.
no problem!
like i say the hdmi deep colour setting in the menu for tv could be to blame...try turning that off.

cant recall if its in picture settings/advanced or the general menu

what external boxes are connected to tv?
Old 11-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #108

Jan 2012

HDMI Deep Color setting is turned off, so that can't be the problem. First I thought that it had something to do with HDMI because I was watching a blu-ray. But it also occurred with regular tv broadcasts.

I have two blu-ray players connected to the tv and a PS3 (occasional).
Old 11-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #109

Oct 2014

Wondering if these black outs could be caused by the HDMI cable. They can be really finicky.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #110

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
Wondering if these black outs could be caused by the HDMI cable. They can be really finicky.
One post before yours I mentioned it also happens when I watch tv while no HDMI is involved. It was first thought as well. I even checked it with a new cable but still the same.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #111

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
One post before yours I mentioned it also happens when I watch tv while no HDMI is involved. It was first thought as well. I even checked it with a new cable but still the same.
Its such a bewildering minefield with tech these days, with anynets arcs, bravia link,hdmi controls working well sometimes but conflicting at others

All devices factory reset and software updated?

Lg uk tend to bring parts to fix on first visit, unsure on usa policy
Old 11-09-2018, 10:18 AM   #112

Jan 2012

Well, LG came today. It wasn't the board. The problem was with a cable inside the tv. It couldnīt make a correct connection (one pin too long or something). A new cable is ordered. Very glad the solution is simple. I'm saved!!!
Thanks given by:
Kenbar (11-11-2018), Paul H (11-12-2018), wildbill722 (11-10-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #113

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Well, LG came today. It wasn't the board. The problem was with a cable inside the tv. It couldnīt make a correct connection (one pin too long or something). A new cable is ordered. Very glad the solution is simple. I'm saved!!!
woohoo!!!

fingers crossed!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors