Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chicago Fire: Season Seven (DVD)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
NCIS: Los Angeles: Season 10 (DVD)
$29.99
1 hr ago
Chicago Med: Season Four (DVD)
$19.99
28 min ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (DVD)
$34.96

Mayans M.C.: The Complete First Season (DVD)
$14.99

Brightburn (DVD)
$17.96

The Hustle (DVD)
$17.96

NCIS: New Orleans: The Fifth Season (DVD)
$29.96

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (DVD)
$14.96

The Office: The Complete Series (DVD)
$46.08
20 hrs ago
Booksmart (DVD)
$14.96

This Is Us: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 12-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #1

Oct 2014
Default Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog - The Complete Series

A surprise Amazon listing has popped up. Anybody know more about it? If nothing else, you're definitely aware how hard to find Shout Factory's volume 3 is.

Sonic may be in the title of this wacky overlooked series but Robotnik and his schemes drive the humor.

Details:
DVD
April 9, 2019
$39.95

Oddly it claims region free, and 25 minutes run time needing 5 discs makes no sense.

Last edited by Lum; 04-07-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

It's not unusual for some of Amazon's info as far as running time and/or disc count to be off, especially when a listing first goes up.

Hopefully it is the complete series is one set. I bought the Saturday morning cartoon years ago when that came out. Over the years I had considered picking this show up (even though I didn't like it as much), but kept putting it off. Then a year or two ago I decided to really look into it, and that's when I found out about volume 3 being absurdly hard to find (not just expensive, but it's hard to find one for sale period regardless of price).

So that kind of put me off from bothering if getting the whole series was going to be too difficult. This may resolve that. The price point potentially suggests a budget complete series re-release.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #3

Oct 2014

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Similar info also appears for the Double Dragon cartoon, which I don't think has had a complete official release in any format or country.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:47 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

If this is a complete series set then I’m definitely in.

I actually have all three of the individual volumes, but they were all purchased on eBay so for all I know, they could be bootlegs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ either way, it would be a nice way to free up some shelf space.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:14 AM   #5

Oct 2014

In the meantime, it looks like the public library is streaming the 65 episodes for free. Go figure.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
Hopefully it is the complete series is one set. I bought the Saturday morning cartoon years ago when that came out. Over the years I had considered picking this show up (even though I didn't like it as much), but kept putting it off. Then a year or two ago I decided to really look into it, and that's when I found out about volume 3 being absurdly hard to find (not just expensive, but it's hard to find one for sale period regardless of price).
Yeah when I first decided I wanted to get this show on DVD a few years ago, I was shocked at how hard it was to find the third volume. As you said, it’s just hard to find one for sale, high price or no. For a while I was convinced it didn’t really exist lol there were no listings on Amazon or eBay or anywhere else.

Then a couple weeks later I saw a listing on eBay for a sealed copy for $60. I honestly don’t know if it’s a bootleg or not, but if it is, it’s a VERY good fake lol.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

The picture of the cover on Amazon does say “The complete animated series” and I honestly don’t know if it said that all along and I just didn’t see it or if they changed it.

But, regardless, that’s pretty awesome.

The whole series on the Shout! discs was spread across twelve discs so I wonder what kind of packaging we’ll get with this.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:02 AM   #8
Power Member

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Hope they'll also re-release SATAM.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:15 PM   #9

May 2014
Duluth, MN
Send a message via MSN to mattpoulin789

I also hope they release a complete series set for Sonic Underground as well as a rerelease of the Complete Satam Sonic Series in a box set so that I could have all the dic Sonic Series in complete series box sets by the same company
Old 04-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Oh hey, this comes out in a couple days! I hope that nothing is screwed up on this lol (like missing episodes or something). If everything checks out, I’ll sell off my old Shout! Factory sets (and hopefully volume 3 is still worth something lol).
Old 04-07-2019, 07:45 PM   #11

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Oh hey, this comes out in a couple days! I hope that nothing is screwed up on this lol (like missing episodes or something). If everything checks out, I’ll sell off my old Shout! Factory sets (and hopefully volume 3 is still worth something lol).
I only got volume 1. We should do something about the question mark in the topic title.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Anyone get this?

Amazon now says the release date is in July. When I saw that, I placed an order at Best Buy, which now shows it as being out of stock (though my order says “in progress” and that I should get it by April 12).

I also placed an order at Wal-Mart (just in case lol) and that says out of stock now too, but my order says “preparing” and should be here on the 11th.

So I wonder what the actual story is lol.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Update: Wal-Mart canceled my order. Best Buy is still says “arriving tomorrow” and “getting it ready” so.. we’ll see lol.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:39 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Annnnd Best Buy canceled also, they’re showing a July release date now too.

I wonder what could have possibly caused a delay with this lol.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Hey this finally came out today! Amazon said my copy was delivered, I can’t wait to check it out when I get home.

I’m guessing the “how to draw [character]” features won’t be ported over, but that’s a “take it or leave it” type of bonus feature for me lol. I’m planning on selling off my individual volumes and I’m hoping that season 3 will still be worth something.
Thanks given by:
sagadego (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #16

Jun 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Hey this finally came out today! Amazon said my copy was delivered, I can’t wait to check it out when I get home.

I’m guessing the “how to draw [character]” features won’t be ported over, but that’s a “take it or leave it” type of bonus feature for me lol. I’m planning on selling off my individual volumes and I’m hoping that season 3 will still be worth something.
hope the video quality is decent
Old 08-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Ok, so, I had a chance to look it over. Here are my thoughts.

The good:
-The package is nice and compact. It’s a six-disc set (no idea why most sites seem to be advertising it as a five-disc set lol) so it’s a normal-sized clear DVD case.
-The package also has nice artwork! Cover is a little bland but the back has some nice pics from the show and that same old character art we’ve seen with the Shout! releases. It has a disc-by-disc episode list! Printed on the reverse side of the cover. It always baffles me when studios release a show like this with NO episode listing.
-The discs have art! I was honestly expecting plain silver discs so this was a nice touch. The look is very similar, if not identical, to the Shout! discs.
-Video quality looks just about the same to me as the Shout! discs, it didn’t look much better or worse to me.
-There are subtitles! Just English, but I certainly wasn’t expecting that.

The neutral:
-Episode order is different on this set than the Shout! discs... but with a show like this, continuity barely exists anyway so it doesn’t matter. But I thought I’d make a note of it.

The bad:
-As expected, this set didn’t port over any of the special features from the Shout! sets... but they didn’t really have anything substantial anyway (just three “how to draw [character]” features and volume 1 had a discussion with one of the animators).
-This is the only true problem I have with this release: the Christmas episode is NOT included on it. I have no idea why they would leave it out, but it seems like a bizarre exclusion to me. Was it not part of the original airing? Either way, it’s not THAT big a deal because that episode can be found on disc usually very cheap.

So yeah, this seems like a pretty good deal to me, especially for those who want the whole show on disc and don’t want to shell out the bucks for volume 3 on eBay (on those rare occasions one pops up for sale).
Thanks given by:
Mikezilla3k (08-14-2019), sagadego (08-13-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies