Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Anna 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Curse of la Llorona (Blu-ray)
$14.99

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$62.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Killjoys: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
8 hrs ago
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 08-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #16961
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Yeah, but thanks to 4K and Labels like Vinegar Syndrome and Arrow, I’m picking up 70 titles in bulk rather than the usual 60. I also have 20 VR titles to buy, a Twin Peaks tattoo to get done and a holiday to Austria to pay for!
You better become bunk buddies with your new bestie all the sooner then to save some money. I bet he has a nice basement that you could dwell in.

"It puts the lotion on its skin or it must watch Netflix again!"

Last edited by Vilya; 08-13-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 09:46 PM   #16962
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
You better become bunk buddies with your new bestie all the sooner then to save some money. I bet he has a nice basement that you could dwell in.

"It puts the lotion on its skin or it must watch Netflix again!"
Lol funny you should mention that film. Watched the excellent ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ remake tonight starring the great Ted Levine!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:00 PM   #16963
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Lol funny you should mention that film. Watched the excellent ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ remake tonight starring the great Ted Levine!
Never seen the remake; have the original on dvd. Thanks for just costing me $31.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:04 PM   #16964
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Never seen the remake; have the original on dvd. Thanks for just costing me $31.
I loved it. It’s brutal mind you.

By the way, where does the $31 come from? It’s cheap to buy on Amazon!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #16965
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
I loved it. It’s brutal mind you.

By the way, where does the $31 come from? It’s cheap to buy on Amazon!
Well, I can't have the remake on blu-ray and not the original, so I have to buy them both on blu-ray now. The original is an Arrow release.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #16966
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Well, I can't have the remake on blu-ray and not the original, so I have to buy them both on blu-ray now. The original is an Arrow release.
. You can’t take it with you. Get it spent!

Oh, Arrow are releasing a deluxe ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ Part 2 as well. (Part 2 of the original, not part 2 of the remake.)

Sorry! That may be ANOTHER purchase for you!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:36 PM   #16967
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
. You can’t take it with you. Get it spent!

Oh, Arrow are releasing a deluxe ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ Part 2 as well. (Part 2 of the original, not part 2 of the remake.)

Sorry! That may be ANOTHER purchase for you!
Part 2 supposedly sucks, so I can pass on it. Nice try, though.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #16968
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Part 2 supposedly sucks, so I can pass on it. Nice try, though.
Both sequels suck imo.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:19 PM   #16969
Power Member

Sep 2006
North Carolina

For Vilya or anyone that orders from Amazon in the UK. Amazon list Avengers: Endgame 3D for Ł19.99. Do they charge VAT in addition to the sale price? What about shipping?
Old 08-14-2019, 01:08 AM   #16970
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Never heard of Fabulous, did you mean DVDFab? If not, makeMKV or AnyDVD (Red Fox) or Pavtube or other?

And what server did you use to store the files on.
Yes it was DVDFab, and the Server was a Local one, but I used the Discs primarily especially with the Blu-ray Files. They worked very well that's why I knew Streaming would be very successful. Put those same Files on a CDN Server and you'll have Disc like Quality!

Last edited by alchav21; 08-14-2019 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:44 AM   #16971
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
For Vilya or anyone that orders from Amazon in the UK. Amazon list Avengers: Endgame 3D for Ł19.99. Do they charge VAT in addition to the sale price? What about shipping?
The VAT is included in the prices that you see on their product page. The VAT is removed from that price for U.S. customers if Amazon is the actual seller, so that 19.99 pounds will become 16.66. Shipping, naturally, depends on the speed that you select. I typically use Amazon Global Standard and on my last order (two items) that cost 4.93 pounds. I usually receive my order 9-10 days after it ships at that speed level. I'm in Illinois and as you are in North Carolina, you might get it a day or two sooner than I would.

Last edited by Vilya; 08-14-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Thanks given by:
Wendell R. Breland (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 01:48 AM   #16972
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Yes it was DVDFab, and the Server was a Local one, but I used the Discs primarily especially with the Blu-ray Files. They worked very well that's why I knew Streaming would be very successful. Put those same Files on a CDN Server and you'll have Disc like Quality!
Except that is NOT what happens. Streaming services deliver a vastly more compressed file than what you get from making a 1:1 rip from a blu-ray to your own drive or server.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:33 AM   #16973
Expert Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Except that is NOT what happens. Streaming services deliver a vastly more compressed file than what you get from making a 1:1 rip from a blu-ray to your own drive or server.
Hypotheticals are huge in this thread. Alchav is constantly talking about the scenarios in which digital should match physical and Steedeel is constantly talking about scenarios in which we should be worried about the future.

Unfortunately the revised title of the thread encourages both of them.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #16974
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
Hypotheticals are huge in this thread. Alchav is constantly talking about the scenarios in which digital should match physical and Steedeel is constantly talking about scenarios in which we should be worried about the future.

Unfortunately the revised title of the thread encourages both of them.
You and Donster have a chip on your shoulder about this thread title. Both topics would be merged anyway because you can’t talk about the future of HT without both formats being mentioned. Like Donster, (imo) you think you know better than the moderators and that normally doesn’t end well.
What the thread title change did do is stop the one sided bias and allow disc fans more exposure. Before, it was several digital fans and a couple of disc fans. Now, we have a more even keel. I know this because I receive PM’s from disc fans who are not brave enough to post in here or be seen supporting me.

If it didn’t exist, I would simply start my own thread.

Your posts are a perfect example of learned behaviour. You now take it upon yourself to have a go at Alchav and myself wherever possible, just like a couple of other posters in here. It’s ugly mate, real ugly.
Regardless of what you may say, you were not like that before.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #16975
Expert Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
You and Donster have a chip on your shoulder about this thread title. Both topics would be merged anyway because you can’t talk about the future of HT without both formats being mentioned. Like Donster, (imo) you think you know better than the moderators and that normally doesn’t end well.
What the thread title change did do is stop the one sided bias and allow disc fans more exposure. Before, it was several digital fans and a couple of disc fans. Now, we have a more even keel. I know this because I receive PM’s from disc fans who are not brave enough to post in here or be seen supporting me.
It was the move out of the digital section that affected the bias, not the change in thread title.

Quote:
Your posts are a perfect example of learned behaviour. You now take it upon yourself to have a go at Alchav and myself wherever possible, just like a couple of other posters in here. It’s ugly mate, real ugly.
I've been making fun of you for years. It just increased as your predictions got more and more ridiculous. Here's a post of mine from over 3 years ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMaster View Post
Quote:
teens? No thank goodness.

Well, that is not what is being reported. Cord nevers (the younger gen that wont pay for cable etc.. Are apparently using their phones and tablets alone. No tv in sight. This a growing trend amongst the 18-34 age group. It's still very small, but like I said, it's increasing by the year.

Just because something is getting more popular doesn't mean it will continue to do so until it's standard. I'm not the least bit concerned that home theaters will go away. I'm also not concerned that all physical media will go away. My concern is that as streaming becomes more popular more and more titles will not be available on physical media. And after a while those titles will not be available at all.

Also I don't see the connection between not paying for cable and using phones and tablets. I don't pay for cable because I watch everything on Blu-ray or DVD.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:05 AM   #16976
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
It was the move out of the digital section that affected the bias, not the change in thread title.

I've been making fun of you for years. It just increased as your predictions got more and more ridiculous. Here's a post of mine from over 3 years ago:
The odd post, but not consistently like now. Typical sheep behaviour imo. The fact you had to search for a post from 3 years ago proves my point. I doubt it was a easy search.

As for the bias? You would rather it be a digital bias? Odd.

Last edited by Steedeel; 08-14-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #16977
Expert Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
The odd post, but not consistently like now. Typical sheep behaviour imo. The fact you had to search for a post from 3 years ago proves my point. I doubt it was a easy search.
Your predictions got more consistently crazy so my responses became more consistent as well. When you started predicting that vegans would cause screens to be abandoned, governments would tax people sitting for too long, and a variety of other absurd predictions you lost any shred of credibility and earned yourself tons of ridicule.

Quote:
As for the bias? You would rather it be a digital bias? Odd.
No. My point was that moving the thread out of the digital section decreased the digital bias (which is a good thing), changing the thread title was unnecessary.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #16978
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
I think they have toned it down a little, especially Vilya, what I didn't like is the name calling. They should just sick to the facts, and not attack the Poster. We may Post things that are controversial, but basically correct and I think some of it has been a learning experience. Some like to find things to discredit a Poster, and make themselves look smarter. Let's just be civil to each other, and continue with this Great Thread!
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #16979
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Illinois

Another day and another Steedeel controversy.

There is nothing factually incorrect in Penguin's post (#16973) nor is there anything "ugly" about it.

Last edited by Vilya; 08-14-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 05:44 PM   #16980
Power Member

Sep 2006
North Carolina

Quote:
Have asked alchav21 twice for details about the server he used and there was no response. I really doubt he has one and just making stuff up.

As a media player that Panasonic he has is the pits, I had 2 similar Panasonic models. The last one I had would play files from a sever with 3 different methods, 1 was fair, 1 was so-so and 1 was a proverbial pain. Their IP control sucked and continues to do so, the last Android update was 2012, don’t remember about Apple. A HDD connected to the USB port does not qualify as a sever and probably limited to 2TB in size for these older models.

Just be very glad you have the Oppo, IMO, still the best all around machine ever made. One of these days I am going to take a close look at the Pioneer, just in case!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology