Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.52

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.11

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

The Angry Birds Movie 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.29

Mysteries of the Unseen World 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Rampage 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.03

Jaws 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
3 hrs ago
Ready Player One 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.41

Everest 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 06-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #201
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
3D was very underwhelming, like I feared this type of movie being too dark would make 3D look “meh”, similar to Star Wars Solo. I’m curious to see if the 4K HDR with all the brightness will look better than the 3D.
indeed, HDR will add a smidgen more luminience to the darker scenes, as similar to 'Solo' - but likewise the UHD and the bluray will have the upper hand with Atmos, whereas the 3D will be 7.1 only, par Warner's track listing.

while the 3D overall I'd give a 6 out of 10 in terms of effectiveness, the AMC 'Prime' experience of the 3D and the bonkers Dolby Atmos sound mix was off the charts - what a movie!
Old 06-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #202

Sep 2012
London, UK

I don't understand the praise for this movie on this thread. Saw it tonight in 2D sadly, thought it was awful. I was bored to tears, was itching to just leave after 90 mins, but as my friend paid for my seat I stayed. I was relieved when the first thing he said when it finally ended was "what a sh*t movie", yep I agree, worst film of the year so far for me. And we both like (not love) the 2014 movie.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-10-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #203
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D4ever View Post
I don't understand the praise for this movie on this thread. Saw it tonight in 2D sadly, thought it was awful. I was bored to tears, was itching to just leave after 90 mins, but as my friend paid for my seat I stayed. I was relieved when the first thing he said when it finally ended was "what a sh*t movie", yep I agree, worst film of the year so far for me. And we both like (not love) the 2014 movie.
The 3D is pretty stellar. Its on par with Godzilla 2014. Not as good as Skull Island. I am definitely getting the Blu-Ray 3D. The movie is a cool ride too the effects and scope and spectavle of this movie is jaw dropping.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (06-10-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 11:39 PM   #204

Jul 2012
A friend in Colorado.

Quote:
What didn't you like about the movie? Think your opinion would be different had you seen it in 3-D? I'm just curious.
Saw it in 3-D with my dad and we both agreed it was just ok. It would have been nice if the filmmakers had the human characters set the story up and then get out of the way for some monster destruction. Seemed like the character stories got in the way of what fans really wanted to see. It's not a bad movie, just a step down from Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island.
3-D wasn't bad but when 3-D is an option, I wouldn't settle for anything less.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 AM   #205
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
The 3D is pretty stellar. Its on par with Godzilla 2014. Not as good as Skull Island. I am definitely getting the Blu-Ray 3D. The movie is a cool ride too the effects and scope and spectavle of this movie is jaw dropping.
No offence to you but I think stellar is overplaying it a little. It’s a passable effort but like the film, could have been way better.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #206

Sep 2012
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3ttD View Post
What didn't you like about the movie? Think your opinion would be different had you seen it in 3-D? I'm just curious.
Saw it in 3-D with my dad and we both agreed it was just ok. It would have been nice if the filmmakers had the human characters set the story up and then get out of the way for some monster destruction. Seemed like the character stories got in the way of what fans really wanted to see. It's not a bad movie, just a step down from Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island.
My local Odeon showed it in 3D and Imax 3D on opening week, but last weekend (week 2!), only regular 2D shows. I was a guest, so I was not about to complain, it was nice to be invited. We both didn't enjoy the movie at all, between the atrocious dialogue, awful CGI creatures (apart from Godzilla himself), zero story, no suspense... I thought watching giant monsters fight would be fun, it was a snooze fest. Honestly I could not wait for it to end! All the new monsters looked ridiculous. I could not believe I was watching a giant moth stab a prehistoric turkey, I get it they're classic Japanese icons from the old movies but it was just over the top ridiculous for us.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #207

Jul 2012
A friend in Colorado.

Quote:
My local Odeon showed it in 3D and Imax 3D on opening week, but last weekend (week 2!), only regular 2D shows. I was a guest, so I was not about to complain, it was nice to be invited. We both didn't enjoy the movie at all, between the atrocious dialogue, awful CGI creatures (apart from Godzilla himself), zero story, no suspense... I thought watching giant monsters fight would be fun, it was a snooze fest. Honestly I could not wait for it to end! All the new monsters looked ridiculous. I could not believe I was watching a giant moth stab a prehistoric turkey, I get it they're classic Japanese icons from the old movies but it was just over the top ridiculous for us.
Yeah, it's a shame they couldn't have done a better job. After the movie my dad remarked, 'I kinda miss the old days when they had a guy in a rubber suit stomping on balsa wood buildings.'
Old 06-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #208

Jan 2014

Quote:
Yeah, it's a shame they couldn't have done a better job. After the movie my dad remarked, 'I kinda miss the old days when they had a guy in a rubber suit stomping on balsa wood buildings.'
I agree with your dad too!! Wish they would remake War of the Gargantuas
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 09:34 PM   #209
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Quote:
I felt the human element was missing something critical, whereas the last Godzilla 2014 film, I felt more connected to the hero, finally seeing the craziness of his father was actually wisdom. The story was about his perspective on the destruction of his father from the Beetle like giant monsters, where only Godzilla could defend the city.

With the sequel, the daughter was the hero, but didn't have much of an impact on things, compared to the hero of the 2014 film. The mother, forget it IMO. I see where they were going with that character arch, but it just was way too far out there for me to feel any sympathy for her. And the scientists, I guess did the best they could with the lines they were given. The camera work indoors with the people was mostly handheld and sloppy, flinging the camera wildly so I could barely tell what was going on during the action at times. It ruined the use of medium 3D during those moments.

The consistent medium layered 3D for the film and monsters was good, but with all of the fog, murky water and constant rain, it diluted the 3D effect during the monster scenes compared to the first film, which was less consistent but offered a wider range of stronger 3D moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Skull Island I definitely really enjoyed, and the mostly medium to sometimes stronger 3D, yes. Godzilla 2014, a range of mild, medium to some strong 3D, and Godzilla 2, consistent medium layers of 3D for much of it.

Cool to see this will receive a blu ray 3D release in the US and other areas.

Quote:
I kept thinking that while watching the film. It's like we just get underway with a potentially cool monster battle, and then break up the momentum by going back inside that dimly lit war room, listening to the humans complaining about stuff. Had I felt more connected to the humans, and their plight was more directly critical to their lives, I may have felt differently. But since these films are all about the humans, it's crucial that the film deliver a story that people can easily connect with, as the first one succeeded in doing IMO. All my opinions, as a long time Godzilla fan.
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (06-10-2019), mredman (06-19-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:56 PM   #210
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2012
USA

Dougherty talks deleted scenes for home release:

Quote:
The director’s cut was around 2 [hours], 40-45 [minutes]. I called it Godzilla the mini-series,” Dougherty explained. “There weren’t a lot of whole scenes that got lifted out. There were a few, and they’ll end up on the Blu-ray. But a lot of it was trimming moments within each scene. We had a large ensemble cast, so there was a tendency to give each character a moment… and that adds up.”

He continued, speaking about those full scenes, “I don’t have a tally; I want to say that there’s roughly six to eight scenes…like actual, legit full scenes. And they’re a fun watch. I mean, listen, if we were doing Godzilla: The TV Series, they would be perfectly great scenes. But when you’re trying to make a 2-hour+ movie, pacing is a very important consideration.”
Source
Thanks given by:
infiniteCR (06-19-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #211
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Best Buy

The version listed at Best Buy appears to be an exclusive, likely with slipcover. The first 7 digits of the UPC are the same as all other Warner Best Buy 3D exclusives.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/godzill...?skuId=6352529
Thanks given by:
ak4984 (06-18-2019), Blizzard (06-19-2019), bud_brigman (06-19-2019), EVERRET (06-19-2019), infiniteCR (06-19-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 05:34 PM   #212

Sep 2012
Cackalack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post
The version listed at Best Buy appears to be an exclusive, likely with slipcover. The first 7 digits of the UPC are the same as all other Warner Best Buy 3D exclusives.

Glad to see it getting a U.S. release in 3D.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #213

Jul 2017

3D Steelbook at Amazon Germany

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 3D Blu-ray

Last edited by Deciazulado; 06-18-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Thanks given by:
FelixFlankin (06-19-2019), mredman (06-19-2019), pickit60 (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 11:58 PM   #214

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post

Good eye Ryan and thanks for the info! Excited to own this in 3D. Revisited the original a few days ago and really enjoyed the 3D despite the bleak and dark photography. Some nice depth overall, especially during the final act.
Thanks given by:
ryanmcv (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 12:24 AM   #215
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014

I'm really looking forward to this one. Going to be great in 3D if the first is anything to go by.
Thanks given by:
mredman (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:19 AM   #216
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteCR View Post
I'm really looking forward to this one. Going to be great in 3D if the first is anything to go by.
it is. its not skull island 3D but its Godzilla 2014 3D. So it definitely is the way to see it and its gonna be a treat to see it again in 3D on Blu-Ray 3D
Thanks given by:
infiniteCR (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 02:05 AM   #217
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Best Buy

Database entry for the likely Best Buy exclusive:

Last edited by ryanmcv; 06-19-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:50 AM   #218
Expert Member

Feb 2012

I might just import this. I know it's weird, but I love it that it's Godzilla II in other countries.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #219
Expert Member

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixFlankin View Post
I might just import this. I know it's weird, but I love it that it's Godzilla II in other countries.
I'd potentially do this if it weren't for the digital code not being included or not working in the US.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies