Best Nintendo 3DS Game Deals

Best Nintendo 3DS Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fire Emblem Warriors (3DS)
$20.00

Warioware Gold (3DS)
$37.90

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (3DS)
$33.99

The Alliance Alive Launch Edition (3DS)
$28.58

Kirby: Battle Royale (3DS)
$29.99

Mario Sports Superstars (3DS)
$39.99

Culdcept Revolt (3DS)
$19.99

Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS)
$39.74

Beyblade Evolution Collector's Edition (3DS)
$18.83

Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)
$39.88

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth (3DS)
$24.89

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (3DS)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo 3DS

Old 12-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #21
Special Member

Apr 2009
Richmond, VA

I might consider an upgrade IF the extra thumbstick is decent and newer games that I want make use of that feature. Otherwise I'll stick to my current 3ds and 3ds XL that I own!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #22
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

These should be coming pretty soon. Nintendo EU has been emailing club nintendo members offering them the chance to buy early "Ambassador" bundles of the New 3DS

Pack includes:

- New Nintendo 3DS (White) with a special faceplate, New Nintendo 3DS stylus, microSDHC 4 Go, 6 AR cards, quick start guide. (169,99 €)
- special faceplate (9,67 €)
- Super Smash Bros faceplate (back and front). (9,67 €)
- charging dock (white). (9,67 €)

It costs 199.99€ (205€ with shipping).

Quote:
Would you like to get your hands on New Nintendo 3DS before the European launch?

Dear Nintendo fan,

We'd like to thank you, one of our most loyal customers, for all your support. To show our appreciation, we're offering you the chance to purchase New Nintendo 3DS now, and get it before the official European launch!

New Nintendo 3DS will be coming to Europe in 2015, bringing new customisation options, new speed, new controls, new 3D viewing and a whole new handheld gaming experience! And with this offer, you can be one of the first players in Europe to own the new system!

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle

For a limited time only, we’re giving you the opportunity to purchase our special New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle – that includes exclusive Ambassador Cover Plates (which won’t be available anywhere else), a charging cradle, and a set of Super Smash Bros. cover plates, too! If you'd like to purchase it, you only have until 23:59 (UK time) on January 12th 2015 to take advantage of this offer.

Here’s what’s in the special bundle:

New Nintendo 3DS (White) which comes with an exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Back), New Nintendo 3DS stylus, 4 GB microSDHC memory card, AR Cards, Quick-Start Guide, Operations Manual.
The exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Front).
Super Smash Bros. Cover Plates (Front and Back).
Charging cradle (White).
You need to order before Jan 12th and should get it by Jan 23rd

If I got an email I'd be extremely tempted to go ahead and buy one, you listening Nintendo?
Old 01-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007

Will games from the original DS still work with the "New" 3DS?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #24
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
Will games from the original DS still work with the "New" 3DS?
Yep. This is still the same old 3DS just with an extra circle pad and a few tweaks to the hardware, not really a whole new generation of ds.

Mind you there will be some games that are only compatible with the new 3DS like some games that would only play on a DSi.

For the next gen I think Nintendo should go back to the gameboy brand.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Apparently in the US we are only getting the New 3DS XL. There will be no regular size.

Quote:
During a Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo announced that the New Nintendo 3DS XL system will launch in the U.S. on Feb. 13 at a suggested retail price of $199.99. New Nintendo 3DS XL offers a number of new enhancements designed to offer the smoothest and most engrossing portable gaming possible. New Nintendo 3DS XL features a wider range of controls with the addition of a C Stick and ZL/ZR buttons, super-stable 3D via face-tracking technology and built-in NFC functionality that allows for communication with amiibo figures.
http://mynintendonews.com/
Old 01-14-2015, 04:39 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

googleling "New" 3DS doesn't work out so well Nintendo's naming plan/system fails

I wonder if the 1st batch of release here in NA will have a game bundle. It has been so hard to resist the temptation of all the clearance price sales.

**edit
looks like there are a couple of bundles
Majora's Mask edition for $199
Monster Hunter edition for $230

The Monster hunter one looks pretty good though...guessing that is why it is more expensive??

Last edited by Psybits; 01-14-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #27
Special Member

Mar 2010
Los Angeles

Definitely getting one. sold my original 3ds due to the size and the 3d really not working well. figured i would wait until a xl version came out with good 3d. finally

Don't see it on Amazon just yet though.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:12 PM   #28
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri View Post
Don't see it on Amazon just yet though.
Does Amazon sell Nintendo hardware now? I remember for a while they didn't directly, it was all 3rd party sellers.

I've seen some reports that we will not be getting a charger with the system either. I know Japan has been like this for a while. That's like selling a system without a controller.

Last edited by dyne; 01-14-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #29
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

We didn't get a charger with the 3DS XL in the UK, You either had to keep the one from your previous 3DS or buy it sepertely for Ł5.

I want the new XL but with the same colour buttons as the white new 3DS.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

I pre-ordered the black one at Gamestop during my lunch break. Sucks that the Zelda one was Store to home only (and you had to pay full price at time of purchase) I'm going to trade in my OG 3DS and didn't have it on me.

I ordered another charger off Amazon for $8.49 (and did the no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit since there's so much extra time still) The way people are flipping out, you'd think Nintendo came and stole something from their house. Japan and Europe haven't gotten chargers for a while. They should be thankful we got one as long as we did.

Feb 13 is going to be a fun day (plus it's a 3 day weekend. Woo hoo!)
Old 01-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I've seen some reports that we will not be getting a charger with the system either. I know Japan has been like this for a while. That's like selling a system without a controller.
just checked the gamestop listing and it does say "AC Adapter not included"
ugh
Old 01-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Parker View Post
I ordered another charger off Amazon for $8.49 (and did the no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit since there's so much extra time still) The way people are flipping out, you'd think Nintendo came and stole something from their house. Japan and Europe haven't gotten chargers for a while. They should be thankful we got one as long as we did.
So would you be okay with a home console that didn't come with a power cord?
Old 01-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #33
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
So would you be okay with a home console that didn't come with a power cord?
Nintendo aren't going to change now though, so it doesn't matter how many people disagree with the decision we're stuck with it.

You'll get used to it like we did
Old 01-14-2015, 08:07 PM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Nintendo aren't going to change now though, so it doesn't matter how many people disagree with the decision we're stuck with it.

You'll get used to it like we did
Oh it doesn't affect me (yet). I have no plans on getting a new 3ds until there are more new 3ds only games I want. I could understand the situation more if there was alternative ways to power the system (AA batteries) but since they moved over to an integrated battery it's a really shoddy move.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #35
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Oh it doesn't affect me (yet). I have no plans on getting a new 3ds until there are more new 3ds only games I want. I could understand the situation more if there was alternative ways to power the system (AA batteries) but since they moved over to an integrated battery it's a really shoddy move.
I think the excuse back in the days they got rid of them here and Japan was to cut down on the packaging in turn being able to ship more per box cutting down on distribution costs and reducing their carbon footprint.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #36
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I think the excuse back in the days they got rid of them here and Japan was to cut down on the packaging in turn being able to ship more per box cutting down on distribution costs and reducing their carbon footprint.
I can understand that and it makes sense but you're removing packaging from the system box and replacing it with a whole new box for just a charger. Most places won't accept a trade in without a charger so most people upgrading (and trading in) will have to buy a charger with it's own box. I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out that their reasoning is pretty misplaced.
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (01-15-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

so when they say it doesn't come with a charger because you can use your old one....my last one is the OG DS. Did the charger remain the same through out?

Also the collector in me wants the Monster Hunter edition...but the cheapskate in me wants to wait for a sale....decisions decisions!!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #38
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
It is better than calling it 3DS-U!

New at least is a better name!

Also, No more Standard SD Cards, it will ONLY take the Micro!
So, that means, I need to get a 64Gb Micro SD Card to swap my data to it.

And we are also getting new Menu Screens!!!!!
I can't wait for that!

I do not like the new Power Button location though.

There will also be "Only on New 3DS/XL games too, the first of which will be XenoBlade Chronicles, originally for the Wii.

Also, the screens have been slightly enlarged, but only by a fraction.

I hope that it won't be too hard to hit/hold the "ZL" and "ZR" buttons.
i know they arent 64gb. but, they (32gb) are onsale today only.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-sandisk-133869
Old 01-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #39

Jan 2012
the 276 of Virginia, USA

I never did buy a 3DS, still have my old DS. I guess I'm correct in thinking that this thing doesn't play Gameboy carts, was considering trading in the DS since I got an email that Gamestop is offering $75 for it toward this New3DS?
Old 01-14-2015, 11:40 PM   #40
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewc View Post
I never did buy a 3DS, still have my old DS. I guess I'm correct in thinking that this thing doesn't play Gameboy carts, was considering trading in the DS since I got an email that Gamestop is offering $75 for it toward this New3DS?
do you think best buy will do this as well? cuz, ive stopped going to gamestop.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo 3DS