Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.36

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.79

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.97

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.10

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 07-17-2015, 09:11 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
I suppose Watch Dogs on Wii U running at 15fps can be great for some people but that right there is downright unacceptable to me as a gamer. 30fps is already barely acceptable these days because people have become aware games in 60fps are better in every aspect, though some just don't care.

Oh what's that, it's running a slow? Must be how the creator intended the game to be. lol
Personally I have no issue with 30fps for most genre as long as it's locked. The moment they don't put a cap on and it varies between 30 and <60 is when I take issue.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:23 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Personally I have no issue with 30fps for most genre as long as it's locked. The moment they don't put a cap on and it varies between 30 and <60 is when I take issue.
That seems like a good plan.

I hope Project C.A.R.S for Wii U ends up being cancelled because as they've reported previously the game only runs at 720p and 23fps so it's not good at all.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:19 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Nintendo Life posted this comparison:

http://nintendoeverything.com/devils...15-comparison/

As if it wasn't bad enough it's now gotten Rodea Sky Soldier'd. lol
Old 07-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Itagaki can't stop damage controlling it, here's a new post of him:

Old 07-19-2015, 06:55 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Okay we get it.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Okay we get it.
Itagaki doesn't, though.

It's making him look bad, like a lot, instead of trying to make people believe DT is anything good he should just focus on his next project whatever that'll be (Dead or Alive 6?).
Old 07-20-2015, 05:27 AM   #27
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Itagaki doesn't, though.

It's making him look bad, like a lot, instead of trying to make people believe DT is anything good he should just focus on his next project whatever that'll be (Dead or Alive 6?).
Not to put words in his mouth, but I think Dyne is kind of making the same point...maybe you should be focusing your energies elsewhere too?
Old 07-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote:
As if it wasn't bad enough it's now gotten Rodea Sky Soldier'd. lol
I wouldn't go THAT far though. Rodea really is remarkable in that the Wii U version looks significantly worse than the friggin' Wii game! That's just pathetic.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
You just said it. You played AC3 on PS3 not the damn Wii U so stop trying to damage control it.
No, I didn't. I played 1 + 2 on PS3. And 3 on Wii U.

Got the first, didn't like it. Then had all sorts of crazy people say that the 2nd one would be much better and the issues would be solved and so on. But Ubisoft didn't fix any issues, they just added crap on top. So to make that one short, I didn't like the second one either, I actually enjoyed it even less, which is why I never bought any more of those games.

Fast-Forward and I was able to get my hands on the 3rd one on Wii U for just a few pounds. And I was shocked, that I actually enjoyed it very much. It's still an Ubisoft game, so I never expected anything superb, but the third one isn't a typical AssCreed game, which is possibly why I enjoyed it. I guess way less roof tops makes the broken controls not matter that much. The wilderness was also a welcome change. I somewhat played it like part of Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater. That's what I liked about it.

And I already said - to me it was way better than the PS3 games simply because: no tearing + all the UI crap is gone and onto the gamepad including a map, that is with you all the time and I don't have to pause, wait 3 seconds and use a choppy broken map like I did on PS3.

That's not "damage control", that's simply the truth. If you don't care about tearing and such, then it won't matter that much to you, to me having no tearing matters a lot, because I despise it and it shouldn't exist anywhere.

Still if you actually liked the AssCreed games before 3, then I don't know what to say anyway. The controls are still garbage, but at least it doesn't matter that much in 3. And if you liked the AssCreed games on PS3, then I'm even more baffled.

Quote:
Oh god, no it isn't.
It is definitely way better than the PS3 version.
btw. I already said that I own both versions. The PS3 is utter shite and a broken tearing buggy mess. My Wii U copy hasn't frozen once for the few hours that I played it. Don't ask about the PS3 version... I think it even froze once during the starting mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Riot View Post
I wouldn't go THAT far though. Rodea really is remarkable in that the Wii U version looks significantly worse than the friggin' Wii game! That's just pathetic.
That's not even the worst problem. The worst problem is that they do not support Wiimote on the Wii U. Only the Wii version does. Which is simply crazy. So glad that I ordered the Limited Edition, which comes with the original Wii version (all Wii U first prints include it).

Quote:
I must've missed that but just because someone enjoys a game doesn't mean its performance is great. Some people aren't able to notice flaws in games and so they're still able to enjoy them.
Eh, where did I say that AssCreed was an amazing game series?

The controls are broken since the first title and that was never fixed. Ubisoft couldn't even be bothered to remove the broken auto-jump for ages. Maybe it's somewhat fixed now in Unity, I don't care, I don't own a PS4 and it's way too late anyway.

I also enjoyed NieR very much, despite the game being flawed. But there were some really great and awesome aspects to it (writing, characters, graphic design, music) and it is one of the very few games, that actually made my PS3 purchase worth it. You may say "omg, some parts look like a PS2 game and the framerate is flawed", yeah but I don't care, because those other aspects overshadow those. It's perfectly playable and it never froze for me.

If you personally can only enjoy games without flaws, then I guess you probably only enjoy some Nintendo games, because there is not much left. Where do you get for example rock solid 60 fps w/o tearing nowadays?

I can of course enjoy games, even when the games have flaws.

You know, AssCreed has broken combat since the first one, which means because of that, high or low framerate doesn't matter. It's not Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, where you will have big issues when the framerate dips to 15 fps or lower. And I surely didn't enjoy AssCreed 3 because of the combat. It would be crazy to do so. I enjoyed it for the open wilderness, the hunting. It was basically native american - the game. Which is probably why so many people hated it.

I don't get the complaints about framerate anyway. None of the games on Wii U are as bad as GTA IV on PS3. GTA IV on PS3 made my eyes literally bleed. It was that bad. And you know, as I said - when you enable V'Sync, you will always get less "frames", simply because you cut out all the frames, that you can't fully render. You can complain about that, but I want fully rendered frames only, not this tearing mess.

Last edited by jimidini; 07-20-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U