Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.80

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 10-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #1

Jun 2010
Default Invalid Disc Error

Hey everyone, was trying to boot up SSBWU with a friend yesterday, and the wii U will not load the disc. It says it's dirty and needs to be cleaned. The disc was pristine. Anyways I cleaned it with a microfiber cloth all the same but it still won't work. I called Nintendo support and they tell me that I've messed up the game somehow and will need to buy a new one. FAT CHANCE lol. Has this happened to anyone else? My other Wii U games work fine, and I know that I didn't damage Smash bros...
Old 10-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #2

Jul 2012
East Yorkshire, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boorah View Post
Hey everyone, was trying to boot up SSBWU with a friend yesterday, and the wii U will not load the disc. It says it's dirty and needs to be cleaned. The disc was pristine. Anyways I cleaned it with a microfiber cloth all the same but it still won't work. I called Nintendo support and they tell me that I've messed up the game somehow and will need to buy a new one. FAT CHANCE lol. Has this happened to anyone else? My other Wii U games work fine, and I know that I didn't damage Smash bros...
A quick look on Google suggests it's a rare problem, often it's all games that don't work though.
It might be something to do with the barcode in the middle, make sure it's intact and clean. Use something alcoholic (higher the better) if you don't have any cleaner to hand.
Else it's a dodgy disc or a failing disc drive, try another copy off Super Smash Bros if possible or try that disc in another system.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:31 PM   #3

Jun 2010

Thanks for the reply. Anyways after some minor whining with Nintendo customer support they agreed to send me a free replacement after I send in the faulty disc (instead of the 40$ it normally costs to send in discs for repair after the 90 day warranty period). So I'm fine with that. Still don't know whats wrong with the disc. I gave it a thorough cleaning and it looks brand new, not that it looked bad before, but still nada.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Still don't know whats wrong with the disc. I gave it a thorough cleaning and it looks brand new, not that it looked bad before, but still nada.
May also be your disc drive. In case you own many other games and all of them work, then it has to be the disc though. Really weird.

Did you buy it brand new? And did you use it before successfully?
Old 10-16-2015, 02:50 AM   #5

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
May also be your disc drive. In case you own many other games and all of them work, then it has to be the disc though. Really weird.

Did you buy it brand new? And did you use it before successfully?
Yea purchased new shortly after release and it's gotten sporadic play since then, normally when there is company around. All my other games work fine.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Yea purchased new shortly after release and it's gotten sporadic play since then, normally when there is company around. All my other games work fine.
Now that's really weird. Do you have children? Maybe someone dropped the disc? Still if there are no scratches, it should work just fine.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U