Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.33

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.78

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.68

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 10-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #21

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoroDragon View Post
Starwars:Rogue Squadron 3

WII U:Famicon Wars <It would be a great use of the PAD

F-Zero:WII U

Golden Sun:WII U

KID ICARUS:WII U
Just noticed after all this time i put RS3 but i mean't Squadron 4 as the third one was on gamecube.

I would also like a Sega fighters mega mix style game with

Streets Of Rage,Shinobi,Virtua Fighter,Fighting vipers,Shenmue & Golden Axe characters.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:26 AM   #22
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Seriously, where the HECK is our Wii U Metroid???
Old 11-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Seriously, where the HECK is our Wii U Metroid???
Being prepped for NX.

Seriously though beyond Starfox and Zelda I can't see Nintendo investing too much more development into the Wii U. Don't get me wrong. I'd kill for a new Metroid but realistically I think they're going to hold off until the launch of their new console before they release any other major titles.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Being prepped for NX.

Seriously though beyond Starfox and Zelda I can't see Nintendo investing too much more development into the Wii U. Don't get me wrong. I'd kill for a new Metroid but realistically I think they're going to hold off until the launch of their new console before they release any other major titles.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Wii/GameCube scenario, where their major titles are on both consoles. Zelda U is totally going to be on NX. It's just going to happen. I can tell.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Wii/GameCube scenario, where their major titles are on both consoles.
???

There was like 1 game, that got released at around the same time for both. Twilight Princess. And that was it.

Sure there were a few Gamecube ports later, but those had way better controls on Wii than on Gamecube (Metroid Prime Trilogy, Pikmin 1+2) and as I said were released years later. I wouldn't even call those major titles. Pikmin games don't sell that well. And Metroid Prime games also didn't sell that well either. I love both of those, but I know that they are somewhat niche.

But I agree, they will probably release Zelda U on both. Although I think NX won't release next year, but Zelda U probably will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoroDragon View Post
Just noticed after all this time i put RS3 but i mean't Squadron 4 as the third one was on gamecube.
You do know that an ultimate collection of all 3 Squadron games was almost done for Wii? And then got cancelled.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...-footage-found

When I heard about this, I was literally going:

Last edited by jimidini; 11-28-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #26
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Wii/GameCube scenario, where their major titles are on both consoles. Zelda U is totally going to be on NX. It's just going to happen. I can tell.
I don't think it will be a case where Nintendo releases a Wii U version and an NX version like they did with Twilight Princess because I'm expecting full backwards compatibility with Wii U titles on NX. I think releasing a new system so soon after the Wii U released and NOT giving it backwards compatibility would be a terrible decision! After having Wii BC plus their legacy digital games available on the Wii U, if those don't carry over to the NX for those who bought them for Wii U, that would be horrible. Right now Nintendo needs to be as accommodating to their fan base as they can because everyone knows the Wii U generation is going to be cut short. What better way than to tell the fans they can play all their Wii U games on the new platform?
Old 11-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
I don't think it will be a case where Nintendo releases a Wii U version and an NX version like they did with Twilight Princess because I'm expecting full backwards compatibility with Wii U titles on NX. I think releasing a new system so soon after the Wii U released and NOT giving it backwards compatibility would be a terrible decision! After having Wii BC plus their legacy digital games available on the Wii U, if those don't carry over to the NX for those who bought them for Wii U, that would be horrible. Right now Nintendo needs to be as accommodating to their fan base as they can because everyone knows the Wii U generation is going to be cut short. What better way than to tell the fans they can play all their Wii U games on the new platform?
So you're expecting them to include the tablet in the NX too?
Old 11-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Maybe the portable part of NX will be able to act like a Wii U gamepad.

Or maybe they will sell them separately (and be compatible with the original of course). Let's assume that NX uses game carts for all the games, then selling an optional disc drive (including the ability to purchase a gamepad) would make sense.

In fact Nintendo actually sells Wii U gamepads separately in Japan.

Quote:
NOT giving it backwards compatibility would be a terrible decision!
Agreed. That's one point that Nintendo nailed perfectly this and last generation.

Although Wii was backward compatible with Gamecube and they still released Twilight Princess for the Wii.

Last edited by jimidini; 11-28-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #29
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
My HUNCH is that the NX controller will in fact include a screen just like the Wii U controller does. However I don't think the NX controller will be as huge as the Wii U tablet. I think it will be much more compact and will support remote play similar to PS4/Vita, only to a much more effective degree.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #30
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
Although Wii was backward compatible with Gamecube and they still released Twilight Princess for the Wii.
True but I think the reasoning for that was because of the nature of the Wii motion control mechanic.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #31
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

After all this time I doubt we'll get a Wii U Luigi's Mansion. Maybe on the NX.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:29 AM   #32
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
After all this time I doubt we'll get a Wii U Luigi's Mansion. Maybe on the NX.
That would be so awesome! Even better, instead of Luigi's Mansion, call it Luigi's Castle! Make it a ginormous expansive haunted castle with a mote of terror with sea creatures, ghosts, suits of armor that come to life, etc!! That could be sooooo epic!

However for the launch of the NX, Nintendo NEEDS a new Mario 3D game! Blows my mind that for 3 straight consoles now, Nintendo failed to launch their hardware with a Mario game.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 11-29-2015 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:53 AM   #33
Banned

Feb 2010

Nintendo needs to do something to get all these game developers to come back cause they seem to run out of games to make so then they decide to bring out a new console. And they need to change their policy on one Mario game per console
Old 11-29-2015, 02:21 AM   #34
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
That would be so awesome! Even better, instead of Luigi's Mansion, call it Luigi's Castle! Make it a ginormous expansive haunted castle with a mote of terror with sea creatures, ghosts, suits of armor that come to life, etc!! That could be sooooo epic!

However for the launch of the NX, Nintendo NEEDS a new Mario 3D game! Blows my mind that for 3 straight consoles now, Nintendo failed to launch their hardware with a Mario game.
That would be awesome.

They had Mario Bros for Wii U's launch. I agree that a 3D Mario game would greatly help the NX's launch. Something to get people excited for it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U