Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.37
22 hrs ago
Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.77

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.45

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 03-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
Default Shovel Knight to get upgraded with free DLC.

I didn't see a thread for the game already in the WiiU or 3DS sections. Plague of Shadows DLC is coming for all versions in Q2 2015.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/03...oming-q2-2015/

Quote:
Yacht Club Games has announced a free expansion pack for its 2D side-scrolling platform game Shovel Knight. The Californian-based developer has been hard at work on its first DLC pack, Plague of Shadows, since securing the gameís North American and European release on multiple platforms last year. Arriving for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, among other platforms, Plague of Shadows is due to arrive in the eShop around the second quarter of 2015.

Playing as the mischievous master of alchemy, Plague Knight, fans must guide him through various levels to find ingredients for the Ultimate Potion: Serum Supernus. But youíll have to obtain these ingredients by extracting them from former allies Ė itís a risky venture, though the Order of No Quarter wonít stand a chance against your world-class platforming skills.

The free DLC pack also features new gameplay mechanics and an alchemy crafting system for all your necessary power-ups. With many new bosses, enemies and a bunch of objectives, fans will be able to savour new flavours in a meaty expansion in Plague of Shadows.

Quote:
Explode onto the scene as Plague Knight! Use explosives, bomb jumps, and alchemy to blast your way through the game in a whole new way!

Crafting Comes to Shovel Knight with the Alchemy System! Collect loot and use alchemy to craft equipment and power-ups

Collect new recipes and reagents to become the master of disaster!

New objectives and enemies!

Brand new areas and new paths through classic levels!

New bosses!

Is your science up to snuff? Take on Plague Knight specific challenges with new Feats!
I absolutely love this game so this is great news for me.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I didn't see a thread for the game already in the WiiU or 3DS sections. Plague of Shadows DLC is coming for all versions in Q2 2015.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/03...oming-q2-2015/

I absolutely love this game so this is great news for me.
How long has the game been out?

It comes to PS4 late next month.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

On PC, WiiU and 3DS June 26th 2014. I Kickstarted that one. PAL was Nov 5th for the Nintendo systems.

OSX was September 2014, Linux October 8th.

There's a great video out from this past GDQ that had the developers commentary during a speedrun. YCG's is a really great team and really passionate about what they make. If I remember I'll try and track it down after work.
Thanks given by:
Derb (03-03-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Vancouver, Canada

Thought about making a thread but probably it's best to post it here: Shovel Knight is getting a retail release for Wii U/3DS/PS4/X1. Priced $24.99, comes out November 3rd.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Amiibo functionality details:

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U