Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.33

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.79

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.97
15 hrs ago
Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.46

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 12-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
Default Fast Racing Neo

F-Zero inspired racer from the makers of Nano Assault Neo called Fast Racing Neo is coming soon to Wii U

Release: December 10th.
Price: €14.99 / $14.99 / 10.99 (1 euro = 1 usd, go figure)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...peed_into_view

This looks like a solid 60fps futuristic racer and the price is great too.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:36 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Only 10.99? Damn! I think I'll just go for it and say screw it even if they release a physical edition later.

Still, I need to get a 32GB/64GB USB stick 'cause the last 10GBs will be for Xenoblade X faster loading times.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Still, I need to get a 32GB/64GB USB stick 'cause the last 10GBs will be for Xenoblade X faster loading times.
Nintendo advises against USB sticks. You should instead buy an actual external harddrive (with either an external power supply or a Y-cable to get enough power from USB ports).

I mean you can of course use USB sticks, but they may fail and then your saved games are toast. You could of course move Xenoblade data packs to USB sticks and keep the rest on internal memory. That way it wouldn't matter (unless Xenoblade saves go to the location, where the data packs are... no idea how that works out).
Old 12-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
Nintendo advises against USB sticks. You should instead buy an actual external harddrive (with either an external power supply or a Y-cable to get enough power from USB ports).

I mean you can of course use USB sticks, but they may fail and then your saved games are toast. You could of course move Xenoblade data packs to USB sticks and keep the rest on internal memory. That way it wouldn't matter (unless Xenoblade saves go to the location, where the data packs are... no idea how that works out).
What Nintendo says you have to take it with a grain of salt because they're still technically dealing with primitive last-gen hardware as well as a very green online service so I don't really care what Nintendo recommends to use.

Plus, I've never had any issues using USB sticks so a company that isn't up with the times isn't really the type you should take serious recommendations from.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I'm really looking forward to this one.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:00 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
What Nintendo says you have to take it with a grain of salt
It's your saved games. Do whatever you want.

But don't complain in here in case your USB stick died, because that happens. I saw quite a few threads like that on gamefaqs, but as I said - I don't really care about your saved games. I care about mine.

What they are saying actually makes sense. USB sticks do have limited writes. And on top of that all sorts of USB sticks are really low quality.

Guess why for example Sony only supports internal harddrives and nothing else for regular game installations etc. They don't even allow you to simply hook another external drive to your console. Instead they force you to fully replace the drive, which also means copying around all data two times, which takes ages. On PS3 for example it literally takes a day or two depending on the drive size.

And just to make that note: Nintendo doesn't even support 1 external drive. You can connect 2 external drives at the same time to the Wii U for moving around data easily.

Quote:
because they're still technically dealing with primitive last-gen hardware as well
Their "primitive last-gen hardware" is the only one that offers proper backward compatibility as in 100% everything works without any issues whatsoever. They are also the only ones, who made it possible for people to bring over all of your digital purchases from last generation and they managed to do that even without any account system on the Wii, while the others had account systems and now see what they managed to do with those this generation. And on top of that they even allow you to upgrade your digital Virtual Console purchases to current gen for a very small fee and don't treat you as if you had never bought those games in the first place.

And for system transfer they were even smart enough to not only support external drives for regular storage (which means the user can decide how much space he/she needs and can easily extend that space), but also directly exchange encryption keys w/ the new console. Which means you do a system transfer and without copying/moving files on or from external drives, you can just hook those onto the new console and they will just work. No 2 days of waiting.

But whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by jimidini; 12-08-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

If I took my Wii U out & swapped it for a new one, then tap my 2TB external which is already Wii U formatted to a Wii U, wouldn't the new console ask me to format the drive?

Cuz, if so, bye bye all data.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
If I took my Wii U out & swapped it for a new one, then tap my 2TB external which is already Wii U formatted to a Wii U, wouldn't the new console ask me to format the drive?

Yes. You'd have to call Nintendo and do an account transfer and re-download everything.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Got 64GB micro SD card with adapter and as of right now downloading all of the Xenoblade X Data Packs. My Wii U internal storage only has 11GB left so that wasn't enough for Xenoblade X data packs and since the 64GB was the price of a 32GB micro SD I went for it.

I'm definitely gonna get this F-Zero game day one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb

Not if you had both side-by-side as per Nintendo's website it indicates you can transfer this way.

By the way, jimidini calm down, dude! That fanboyness is going through the roof!
Thanks given by:
ChadFL (12-29-2015)
Old 12-12-2015, 01:00 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Back to the game. Yes it's pretty solid. It feels like I'm playing f-zero if it was ever released on the Dreamcast. 60fps with great graphics and arcade music.

Be warned that it's a tough game. When you crash not only do you lose time there but it places you back on the track a pretty good distance before your crash. Despite that, I highly recommend getting this game.
Thanks given by:
Derb (12-12-2015)
Old 12-29-2015, 11:12 PM   #11
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
It's your saved games. Do whatever you want.

But don't complain in here in case your USB stick died, because that happens. I saw quite a few threads like that on gamefaqs, but as I said - I don't really care about your saved games. I care about mine.

What they are saying actually makes sense. USB sticks do have limited writes. And on top of that all sorts of USB sticks are really low quality.

Guess why for example Sony only supports internal harddrives and nothing else for regular game installations etc. They don't even allow you to simply hook another external drive to your console. Instead they force you to fully replace the drive, which also means copying around all data two times, which takes ages. On PS3 for example it literally takes a day or two depending on the drive size.

And just to make that note: Nintendo doesn't even support 1 external drive. You can connect 2 external drives at the same time to the Wii U for moving around data easily.

Their "primitive last-gen hardware" is the only one that offers proper backward compatibility as in 100% everything works without any issues whatsoever. They are also the only ones, who made it possible for people to bring over all of your digital purchases from last generation and they managed to do that even without any account system on the Wii, while the others had account systems and now see what they managed to do with those this generation. And on top of that they even allow you to upgrade your digital Virtual Console purchases to current gen for a very small fee and don't treat you as if you had never bought those games in the first place.

And for system transfer they were even smart enough to not only support external drives for regular storage (which means the user can decide how much space he/she needs and can easily extend that space), but also directly exchange encryption keys w/ the new console. Which means you do a system transfer and without copying/moving files on or from external drives, you can just hook those onto the new console and they will just work. No 2 days of waiting.

But whatever floats your boat.
You cut out the part where he mentions Nintendo's horrible "online" capabilities. He's not wrong at all there. Nintendo isn't even one generation behind on online games, they're closer to 2 generations behind.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:38 PM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
You cut out the part where he mentions Nintendo's horrible "online" capabilities. He's not wrong at all there. Nintendo isn't even one generation behind on online games, they're closer to 2 generations behind.
Actually they still use dial-up.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U