Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$11.99

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.76

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.55

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 01-29-2016, 06:03 PM   #121
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf89 View Post
Nintendo is a system that lives on its first Party and exlusives though. I buy a Wii U for those exclusives. I have both the Xbox One and PS4 and either of them can take care of third party titles.

Best of both worlds
If Nintendo keeps with that outdated mentality they'll eventually even lose their own customers considering the games aren't even as great as they used to.

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival? Mario Party 10? Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? Sonic Boom?

Nintendo alone isn't to be blamed for thinking like this because their hostile infantile fanboys are the reason they're like this. Ninty fanboys even get into real fights over.. plastic toys. Plastic toys.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:19 PM   #122
Expert Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
If Nintendo keeps with that outdated mentality they'll eventually even lose their own customers considering the games aren't even as great as they used to.

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival? Mario Party 10? Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? Sonic Boom?

Nintendo alone isn't to be blamed for thinking like this because their hostile infantile fanboys are the reason they're like this. Ninty fanboys even get into real fights over.. plastic toys. Plastic toys.

Yes making money is a completely outdated mentality.

I get that you don't get it but I don't think you do.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:33 PM   #123
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:

You're completely oblivious on how poorly the Wii U sold, one of its problems were the lack of third party games but also the atrocious amount of first party games weren't all that much. In top of which the online services aren't very good either.

Ah, yes. Have to bring up the amazing amiibos which have DLC locked away because that's how gaming should be done from now on. It's for the better... not.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:18 PM   #124
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:

What he's saying is that Nintendo cannot continue to sustain a home consoles business model without 3rd party support. They can't do it all on their own. If that's what they have in mind, they are going to continue to see 10-15 million user bases every generation. Wii was a fluke and you know it. That system sold on a gimmick that everyone HAD to get on board with because it was the hot new thing. However Nintendo cannot continue to hope to catch lightning in a bottle.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:36 AM   #125
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
What he's saying is that Nintendo cannot continue to sustain a home consoles business model without 3rd party support. They can't do it all on their own. If that's what they have in mind, they are going to continue to see 10-15 million user bases every generation. Wii was a fluke and you know it. That system sold on a gimmick that everyone HAD to get on board with because it was the hot new thing. However Nintendo cannot continue to hope to catch lightning in a bottle.
Technically speaking the Wii was a huge success but for gamers? Not really. Last-gen I had more fun playing on the 360 and PS3 while I completely skipped over the Wii as it didn't really interest me at all. Most of Wii games were shovelware crap so picking the ones I wanted was easy and only one or two I don't own because their prices have increased though whatever, those aren't games I'd consider a must for myself.

GameCube is still better than the Wii (= GC 2.0) for me.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:22 AM   #126
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:

The last few years have been some of the worst years profit-wise in Nintendo history. The 2015 year was the first year since 2011 they turned a profit. Their stock price is barely one-fourth what it was at their peak in 2007.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:25 AM   #127
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Technically speaking the Wii was a huge success but for gamers? Not really. Last-gen I had more fun playing on the 360 and PS3 while I completely skipped over the Wii as it didn't really interest me at all. Most of Wii games were shovelware crap so picking the ones I wanted was easy and only one or two I don't own because their prices have increased though whatever, those aren't games I'd consider a must for myself.

GameCube is still better than the Wii (= GC 2.0) for me.
The saying that the Wii was the "best selling dust collector" in history was dead on. A large % of the console's sales was non-gamers who bought the system during the peak of the motion controls fad then never played it again a week after buying it. It's certainly the least played console I've ever owned. And that's saying something considering I owned a 3DO as a kid...
Thanks given by:
DuranFanWI (01-31-2016), ps3bd_owner (01-30-2016), Stitches (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #128
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
The saying that the Wii was the "best selling dust collector" in history was dead on. A large % of the console's sales was non-gamers who bought the system during the peak of the motion controls fad then never played it again a week after buying it. It's certainly the least played console I've ever owned. And that's saying something considering I owned a 3DO as a kid...
Ha, yep. I had an Atari Jaguar and I guarantee you I spent more hours playing Aliens vs Predator and Tempest 2000 than anything on my Wii.
Thanks given by:
DuranFanWI (01-31-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #129
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Funny story, I bought my black Wii (literally as new!) from a couple who were going on vacation and didn't care about it at all so it really says a lot about who had gotten a Wii.

Still managed to make it cheaper by selling the additional Wiimote and games it came with it (some sports game).
Old 01-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #130
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Funny story, I bought my black Wii (literally as new!) from a couple who were going on vacation and didn't care about it at all so it really says a lot about who had gotten a Wii.

Still managed to make it cheaper by selling the additional Wiimote and games it came with it (some sports game).

At least Wii helped out the television market.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:23 PM   #131
Special Member

Sep 2013
De Pere, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Ha, yep. I had an Atari Jaguar and I guarantee you I spent more hours playing Aliens vs Predator and Tempest 2000 than anything on my Wii.
AvP for the Jaguar was one of my favorite games for that system, I could play several hours a night on that one right there. My guess is that the ratio is that for every one decent Jaguar game, there were about ten crappy ones.
Thanks given by:
JackKnightStarman (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #132
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuranFanWI View Post
AvP for the Jaguar was one of my favorite games for that system, I could play several hours a night on that one right there. My guess is that the ratio is that for every one decent Jaguar game, there were about ten crappy ones.
It's a shame AvP wound up on the Jaguar because frankly it was too good for that console. If that game had been on the Playstation or N64 I believe it would have sold a ton! The game was amazing and had so much atmosphere! I honestly think that until Alien Isolation came out, it was the best Alien (and Predator) game made.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U