Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$11.99

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.76

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.55

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 08-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Can whoever is running things in Europe for Nintendo replace that useless tool Reggie please? I hate looking at his smug face, I hate hearing him arrogantly speak when he has nothing to be arrogant about and NOA under him takes incompetence to a whole new level the likes of EA & Activision never even managed to sink too. And I don't just mean how vastly superior Club Nintendo was in Europe but it is just one of the many examples of how much more effort is going into the European market.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

The UK sure got the goods towards the end. All I got was a couple digital games here int he US. None of the physical stuff was worth it.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:00 AM   #23
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
The UK sure got the goods towards the end. All I got was a couple digital games here int he US. None of the physical stuff was worth it.
I know, right. It kills me every time I see something cool comes up. Hell, I'd be happy with just more soundtracks released here.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:15 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm5777 View Post
Hell, I'd be happy with just more soundtracks released here.
You can get Club Nintendo soundtracks pretty cheap via Japan yahoo auctions.

Just got myself Super Mario Galaxy 2 soundtrack, which wasn't released in Europe for around 18EUR (international shipping missing). You will need to use a Japanese proxy service for that though. Prices on ebay are way too high.

Bought Donkey Kong Country Returns soundtrack some months ago. That one was also not released in Europe.

Also got the NICO bonus DVD (was a preorder bonus for Shadow Of The Colossus in Japan) for 300 Yen only. Yeah 300 Yen, that's $2. On ebay those are sold for way more than that.

---

I hope that the new loyalty program will offer physical stuff as well and won't go digital only, because that would suck.
Well, Nintendo seems to want to get into the box business, like the zboxes from zavvi. So maybe they are actually planning to sell those things now, i don't know. Or maybe both.

Last edited by jimidini; 08-13-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:40 AM   #25
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
You can get Club Nintendo soundtracks pretty cheap via Japan yahoo auctions.

Just got myself Super Mario Galaxy 2 soundtrack, which wasn't released in Europe for around 18EUR (international shipping missing). You will need to use a Japanese proxy service for that though. Prices on ebay are way too high.

Bought Donkey Kong Country Returns soundtrack some months ago. That one was also not released in Europe.

Also got the NICO bonus DVD (was a preorder bonus for Shadow Of The Colossus in Japan) for 300 Yen only. Yeah 300 Yen, that's $2. On ebay those are sold for way more than that.

---

I hope that the new loyalty program will offer physical stuff as well and won't go digital only, because that would suck.
Well, Nintendo seems to want to get into the box business, like the zboxes from zavvi. So maybe they are actually planning to sell those things now, i don't know. Or maybe both.
I'll have to look into that. Any recommendations for a proxy service?
Old 08-14-2015, 01:20 AM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm5777 View Post
I'll have to look into that. Any recommendations for a proxy service?
I'm personally using http://www.fromjapan.co.jp

My creditcard provider doesn't like them (all transactions are blocked), well somewhat understandable, it would be easy to abuse, I'm using paypal instead for payments, this locks the destination address to the paypal address, keep that in mind. I did around 10 transactions already, almost always used SAL / small paket and had no problems at all.

I can only recommend SAL / small paket for shipping, although that's uninsured and also has no tracking. Takes around 2 weeks to Europe. That way it gets through customs all the time, although the charge 1 must not be 6000 Yen or more. If it's more, then you have to use more expensive shipping, which means you will almost always get hit by customs.

Charge 1 is item price + their handling fees. So item price should be 5500 Yen or lower for you to be able to select SAL / small paket.

I also always choose cheapest domestic shipping, never had a problem. For more expensive items it's a risk of course.

Oh and they also offer regular shopping too. You can buy stuff from http://www.suruga-ya.jp, http://www.hmv.co.jp and others too. Those ship to Japan only as well (or do have international shipping, but way more expensive international shipping)

And their fees are really cheap. It's 5% on top of item cost + 200 Yen or something and they have sales sometimes as well, where you get some money back in FJ points, that you can spend later.

You should keep attention on shipping instructions and such. If you select something that you don't want 2 hours later, then that would cost you money.
To make it simple: read everything carefully and don't click options without making sure that you want them.

For shipping instructions you will specify the type of shipping twice. I'm not sure why they ask you for the type the first time before the package is put on a scale. And then they ask you a second time after they finalized the package. This second time you will see exact shipping prices and you can choose a different type of shipping without additional costs. It's a bit confusing the first time.

Oh and you probably shouldn't enter shipping instructions before the item has arrived, because when they finalized a package and asked you to select the shipping type the second time, you will have a time limit of 3 days. If you don't fill in the data and pay the second charge until then, you will pay for every additional day on top.

Also - if you don't enter any shipping instructions, they will keep the package inside their warehouse for up to 30 days FOR FREE, which is really nice. I think it's also possible to combine packages that way, but I never do that to avoid customs.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Oh and for soundtracks and so on, it makes sense to know the Japanese name. Sometimes sellers on Yahoo auctions use english names too, but there are way more items with Japanese names only and those are typically cheaper.

For example Super Mario Galaxy is スーパーマリオギャラクシー in Japanese.

Also read auction descriptions. Sellers offer different domestic shipping charges. Sometimes item was opened, sometimes it's still sealed, sometimes it's even damaged and so on. You can use google translate for that.

You can use this link to search for items on yahoo auctions:
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=

You can then copy + paste the item link into fromjapan.co.jp and then use either a regular bid or a sniper bid. Please also note that yahoo auctions is not working exactly the same as ebay. Sellers can choose to delay the auction in case a bid is placed in the last few minutes, which means sniper bids are not as useful as on ebay.

Yahoo auctions does advertise its own proxy service called Buyee, but I would avoid that at all costs. It's a really expensive service. Some friend of mine used it (before I knew about fromjapan), bought 2 or 3 items each for 300 Yen and in the end he paid around 90 EUR, which is insane.

Last edited by jimidini; 08-14-2015 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:20 AM   #27
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Wow! Thanks for the helpful post. Looking forward to purchasing some reasonably priced soundtracks!
Old 09-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Nintendo Sound Selection - Ending Credits arrived today.

And it's glorious:

It even includes a hardcover booklet with 36 pages in total featuring all the games including screenshots.

Tracklist CD1:
1. Famicom Tantei Club Part II- Ushiro ni Tatsu Shojo - Credits
2. Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru - Credits
3. Super Mario World - Ending
4. F-Zero - Ending
5. Super Metroid - Ending
6. Fire Emblem- Genealogy of the Holy War - After the War
7. Super Mario 64 - Credits
8. Yoshi's Story - Ending
9. Luigi's Mansion - Credits
10. Super Mario Sunshine - Credits
11. Metroid Prime - Ending Credits
12. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - Credits
13. Daigasso! Band Brothers - Theme of Barbara the Bat
14. More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima- How Old Is Your Brain - Staff Credits
15. Sekai no Gohan- Shaberu! DS Oryori Navi - Kitchen Song
16. The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks - Credits

Tracklist CD2:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Credits
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Wii Play: Motion - Credits
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Sword - Credits
5. Star Fox 64 3D - Staff Credits
6. Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword - Flowers in Bloom
7. Mario Kart 7 - Credits
8. Streetpass Quest II - Ending
9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Town Tree
10. Tomodachi Life - Staff Credits
11. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Credits
12. Pikmin 3 - Credits
13. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Credits
14. NES Remix 2 - Records
Old 09-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

That looks awesome. The UK sure got some good shit at the end.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

You can now make a Nintendo account:

https://accounts.nintendo.com/
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U