Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.79

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.55
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 12-23-2016, 04:39 AM   #21

Dec 2012
Wanna see my Tardis? :D

I have a list of games I want to catch up on (before Ebay...) and Nintendo doesn't want the system to "compete" with the switch. So what am I supposed to do really?

I'd rather play what I'm into, not what the market tells me to play.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:41 AM   #22
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Reggie confirmed that there is no future development for Wii U software after Zelda drops on 3/3/17.

Claims that online play will be supported "for some time." Trust that as much as you want given their history with lying about Wii U dying.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #23
Power Member

Apr 2009
Richmond, VA

I've modded my Wii-U now that development for the system is pretty much dead. Having all of the Wii-U, Wii, and Gamecube games all on one system is really nice. I've had a lot of fun revisiting all of the old Gamecube games on my Wii-U!!

I wish I could pick up another new system to store away as a backup. I might just pick up a refurb directly from Nintendo. RIP Wii-U....
Old 03-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #24
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
I've modded my Wii-U now that development for the system is pretty much dead. Having all of the Wii-U, Wii, and Gamecube games all on one system is really nice. I've had a lot of fun revisiting all of the old Gamecube games on my Wii-U!!

I wish I could pick up another new system to store away as a backup. I might just pick up a refurb directly from Nintendo. RIP Wii-U....
Sounds neat. How much storage does that take?
Old 03-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #25
Power Member

Apr 2009
Richmond, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobolisdead View Post
Sounds neat. How much storage does that take?
Not a whole lot actually. It requires two separate usb hard drives (1 for Wii-U stuff and 1 for Wii/Gamecube/emulators). The Wii-U drive is a proprietary format which is why it has to be on a separate drive.

I'm using 2 usb laptop drives, each is only 650gb I believe. So everything is roughly 1.5tb total.

Another cool thing about the mod is that I also have full versions of some Nintendo arcade games: Mario Kart Arcade GP, Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, and a couple of others. These games were ARCADE ONLY and was a joint venture with Nintendo and Namco. The arcade's internal hardware was based on the Gamecube and these roms are 100% compatible with the software running on my modded system. The Mario Kart games are really great and feature Namco Characters as well (such as Pac-man). Here's a link with pictures of the games:
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php...5&page=1#19070

Another cool thing about playing Gamecube games on my Wii-u is that they 1)allow you to use the Wii-U Pro Controller to play 2)I can use official Gamecube controllers by purchasing an adapter that plugs into the bottom of a standard Wii Remote, or by using the usb Smash Bros adapter sold by Nintendo. The adapters I have plugs into the Wii Remote (like the nunchuk does) and then you plug the Gamecube Controller into the adapter. Works great!!

Last edited by RickWJ324; 03-09-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #26
Banned

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiansteele View Post
I think they won't do it just because of most of the business they get is only from Wii so, they won't kill their right arm.
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (12-03-2019), emailking (12-05-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U