Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.74

Prototype 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.49

Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.99

IMAX: National Parks Adventure 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.70

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 01-15-2020, 02:08 PM   #241
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjibot4 View Post
Lukas741 - I have the Sony Z9D as well and I am VERY disappointed in it's 3D performance. Nonstop image ghosting and crosstalk, both with Sony's active glasses and third party actives. I MUCH prefer the superior 3D passive performance of my LG 55" OLED. The Z9D has a very nice and bright 2d image though. If you are getting great performance from your Z9D, consider yourself lucky.
I have screen burn-in with my LG 3D TV but refuse to sell or get fixed for 2D because the 3D is so good.
Thanks given by:
FingolfinFinwe (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 11:32 PM   #242

Apr 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I have screen burn-in with my LG 3D TV but refuse to sell or get fixed for 2D because the 3D is so good.
I posted about this in another thread, but I fixed 90% of the problems with my second hand OLED 3D LG by repeatedly running this video on it with the youtube app. I let it run overnight, and set the TV to auto turn off late (around 4AM). Ran it every day for weeks, and still run it occasionally, but I saw results after the first time I ran it and it has only improved since then. Hope it helps!

Thanks given by:
Rickyrockard (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:33 AM   #243
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
I posted about this in another thread, but I fixed 90% of the problems with my second hand OLED 3D LG by repeatedly running this video on it with the youtube app. I let it run overnight, and set the TV to auto turn off late (around 4AM). Ran it every day for weeks, and still run it occasionally, but I saw results after the first time I ran it and it has only improved since then. Hope it helps!

Screen Repair Stuck pixels for LCD and Amoled screens - YouTube
Thanks, but that won't fix what I have. I have screen burn-in which permanent rather screen retention which fades after time. It's fine, it only covers a tiny area of my screen and only when there is excessive red and that rarely happens.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #244
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

My passive 3D TV won't switch on unless I unplug it first, which is a pain, but it still works. The active set is still going thankfully without any current issues. Trying to find a 3DTV online, ebay seems to be one source.

Hopefully when Avatar 2 is released in theaters in December 2021, by 2022, there will be new 3DTVs available in stores by time it arrives on blu ray 3D or whatever format it may be presented in 3D hopefully.

On topic, Avatar 2 will probably do well, as many people who remember Avatar from when they were younger, will be curious to see what the sequel is all about.
Thanks given by:
levcore (01-16-2020), Paul H (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 05:01 PM   #245

Apr 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
My passive 3D TV won't switch on unless I unplug it first, which is a pain, but it still works. The active set is still going thankfully without any current issues. Trying to find a 3DTV online, ebay seems to be one source.

Hopefully when Avatar 2 is released in theaters in December 2021, by 2022, there will be new 3DTVs available in stores by time it arrives on blu ray 3D or whatever format it may be presented in 3D hopefully.

On topic, Avatar 2 will probably do well, as many people who remember Avatar from when they were younger, will be curious to see what the sequel is all about.
I'm selling a 55 inch 4K 3D LG OLED
Old 01-16-2020, 05:09 PM   #246

Apr 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Thanks, but that won't fix what I have. I have screen burn-in which permanent rather screen retention which fades after time. It's fine, it only covers a tiny area of my screen and only when there is excessive red and that rarely happens.
It's worth a try bud. I'm telling you, my OLED had horrible burn in. The previous owners were clearly morons. Depending on the background colour, I could read a timer bottom right, logo top right, and some tuning numbers top left with very obvious clarity. And that was the least of its issues. With more red/orange hues, the screen had a huge line down the middle, with one side being darker and one side being lighter. Not just a little bit, considerably. Additionally, there was a very strong patch of burn in on red images in the middle left with a box and a logo (so strong it looked like it was carved into the screen!). It looked terrible in almost every watching scenario. Thing was, I bought it on craigslist, I drove 8 hours to get it, and the person I bought it off wasn't a scammer (they resold TVs and they had no idea about the image issue because it looked fine if you just turned it on and looked at the LG backgrounds) and I wasn't sure about the logistics of making another 8 hour drive and trying to get a refund.

So I ran the video above. Consistently. I saw a mild improvement after the first run, but it took weeks to get it to a level where I went from noticing the issue most of the time to not noticing it most of the time. It only gets better over time, and now there's only a few scenarios where I notice the issues, and considering the 65 inch size I can live with that, especially as they get better as long as I keep running the video.

The issues with my TV were so severe that I don't think it could have just been 'image retention'. I'm telling you, considering all you have to do is run the 8 hour video and leave the TV alone, it's worth a shot.
Thanks given by:
panman40 (01-16-2020), Paul H (01-16-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies