Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.37
10 hrs ago
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U (Wii U)
$19.99

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.77

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.60

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 10-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Nintendo just hates NA right now... No Fatal Frame and extremely limited editions for any of their collector editions that they put out.

Least the EU markets are getting the limited editions, but those choices makes me wonder if Nintendo even has clue to NA gamers even want now. It is like Square-Enix all scratching their heads at Bravely Default's success in NA. SE is still standing around like "Really, our NA fans want classic Final Fantasy game (let face the facts, Bravely Default is a Final Fantasy that was published outside of SE where they didn't grant it the name) that is turned based???"

I could slap SE across their heads for not paying attention to their fans wants & desires and Nintendo seems to be right there now too.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

Hopefully Nintendo will eventually go out of business and the publishing rights for Fatal Frame will revert to Tecmo/Koei.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:43 PM   #23
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Eh. It would honestly be a low seller. The thing that gets me is how they limit any special editions to their NYC store. The Hyrule Warriors thing was a complete sham. I guess there was only around 300 copies total.
It'd be a low seller, but that's still better than nothing! And heck, horror has made a comeback! You never know, it could have sold! For gods sake, we didn't even get the remake of 2!
Old 10-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #24
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
Hopefully Nintendo will eventually go out of business and the publishing rights for Fatal Frame will revert to Tecmo/Koei.
I think the best, realistic scenario is that the Wii U gets hacked and then US folk get to take things into their own hands again, like FF4.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Oh, and an official release of course... that would be preferable
Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Some surprising "news".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...v-localization

Itagaki of all people replied to a fan on Facebook

Quote:
"Hey guys, I strongly believe that Kikuchi Keisuke will release the Fatal Frame V in America, in many countries. He and me have same philosophy from Tecmo days. That's what I can say for now. I want you guys to read between the lines. Anyway I will play this game."
Old 02-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

I hope it comes out here. I know I would buy it on day one.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

I imported a Japanese Wii U at the beginning of the year, mainly so I could play this game. Even if it is eventually localized, I don't trust Nintendo to release it uncensored and with Japanese voices as an option.

I'm really enjoying it so far. This is the first Fatal Frame on an HD console, and the graphics are great. The controls took some getting used to, but the gamepad actually makes the Wii U the ideal system for a Fatal Frame game. The gamepad functions as a camera, and you sometimes have to tilt the gamepad/camera to get the right shot. When you're just walking around, you can view the map on the gamepad. In a departure from previous games in the series, the story is made up of "missions" you can replay instead of chapters and the game auto-saves (no more using lanterns to to save your progress). More emphasis has been placed on combat, and the puzzles of the previous entries are pretty much gone (at least so far). There is now a "wetness" meter - as your character gets wet (there's water everywhere in this game), the wetness meter increases, making you more likely to be attacked by ghosts. Moreover, the game is rated D in Japan, and it's both the most graphically violent and the sexiest entry to date (although they did go overboard with the "jiggle" physics - the heroine's breasts bounce when she simply turns).

Even though I already imported the game, hopefully fans in America will have a chance to play this one, considering this would be the third game in the series to not make it to the U.S.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #28
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Where's that avatar from? it looks cool
Old 02-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

My avatar is currently from the box art for Fatal Frame II for the PS2.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
I imported a Japanese Wii U at the beginning of the year, mainly so I could play this game. Even if it is eventually localized, I don't trust Nintendo to release it uncensored and with Japanese voices as an option.
Nintendo's allowing more mature games nowadays more so than they did before with the likes of Madworld (go ape**** and turn it to a bloodbath), Bayonetta 2 (semi nudity), Devil's Third (chop guys left and right), Hyrule Warriors (tons of cleavage), etc.

And considering English dubs have gotten so much better during these years I wouldn't mind playing the game in English than Japanese. Sonic for example I've always left it with the English dub because it feels natural coming from their mouths than Japanese.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:32 PM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Confirmed as being localized in the Direct today.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/01...ter-this-year/
Thanks given by:
RaijinUT (04-02-2015), Talal86 (04-02-2015)
Old 04-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Awesome!
Old 04-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #33
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Day 1 for sure.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

I just completed this game a couple of weeks ago. Overall, I really liked it, although they reuse assets quite a bit (you end up revisiting the same locations a lot), they pretty much did away with puzzles in favor of more battles with ghosts, and it felt kind of short compared to previous games (possibly due to the lack of puzzles). The graphics are quite good and so is the atmosphere.

Now I wonder if I should have just waited since I imported a Japanese Wii U mostly for this game. Too bad I won't be able to play the U.S. version or I would probably get that too.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #35
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2014

When they announced this was getting localized that was just the extra push I needed to get a WiiU again (sold my 1st one over a yr ago). Im enjoying it more now then I did when I 1st owned it & it makes more sense to have a WiiU & PS4 then it did for me to have an XB1 & a PS4.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

Old 06-19-2015, 04:14 AM   #37
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Thanks given by:
detective392 (06-21-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #38
Power Member

Mar 2010
Richmond, VA

"Free-to-start" eShop only release in the US

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s#.VdsvdPZVhBc
Old 08-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #39
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Wow, I have been looking forward to playing this game forever but I do not but digital. I was going to maybe make an exception but I definitely don't buy my game in "parts" either.

Quote:
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, co-developed by Koei Tecmo Games, launches exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U on Oct. 22 for $49.99, just in time for Halloween. Players can download this free-to-start game and play the prologue, chapter 1 and most of chapter 2 for free. The full version of the game can be purchased as DLC directly from the Nintendo eShop or via the in-game menu.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Wow, I have been looking forward to playing this game forever but I do not but digital. I was going to maybe make an exception but I definitely don't buy my game in "parts" either.
You can of course complain about digital-only, that's really shitty. So glad that we are getting a physical Limited Edition.

But their large demo offer on eShop is actually a great idea, especially for niche games. You can get prologue + first 2 chapters for free and you can buy the whole game after trying those out. You don't buy chapters like in Siren Blood Curse on PS3, but simply the whole game in case you like the demo. It seems you even download the whole game as the demo and just buy an unlock key.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U