Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.37
4 hrs ago
Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.77

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.39

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 08-25-2015, 05:41 AM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Yeah I have no idea what detective's gripe is about. Although I completely agree about the digital only. For $50 they can eat dirt.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:05 AM   #42
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Yeah I have no idea what detective's gripe is about. Although I completely agree about the digital only. For $50 they can eat dirt.
Not a fan of digital only games. I like to actually own them as sooner or later they will be unplayable. I still play sega, N64, GBC,GBA games all the time. If I had bought them digitally chances are they would be lost to me. Hell in 10+ years digital PS4/X1 games may not be available anymore to people that have bought them.

Plus Nintendo is awful at digital games and transferring them, account linking etc. I just want to buy a game that I actually physically own. Shouldn't be to hard.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Yeah that I completely got and agree with (and is why I'll be skipping as well). It was just the "I definitely don't buy my game in parts" wording that confused us.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:10 PM   #44
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Yeah that I completely got and agree with (and is why I'll be skipping as well). It was just the "I definitely don't buy my game in parts" wording that confused us.
I thought the were selling the game in "episodes' like Kings Quest or Siren. Not to much a fan of that as I like my game all at once.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:09 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
I thought the were selling the game in "episodes' like Kings Quest or Siren. Not to much a fan of that as I like my game all at once.
They don't.

They just offer a really large demo for free and you can then unlock the full game in case you want it. Your progress won't get lost of course.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:49 AM   #46
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Hell in 10+ years digital PS4/X1 games may not be available anymore to people that have bought them.
Not to mention the updates needed to play certain physical games too.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Plus Nintendo is awful at digital games and transferring them, account linking etc. I just want to buy a game that I actually physically own. Shouldn't be to hard.
To be fair Nintendo is literally the only one, who made it possible (and also very simple) to transfer all your digital purchases from last generation console to current generation console. And they did that without any account system at all. Credit where credit is due.

You can't even play your PS1 classic digital purchases on PS4. PS2 classic digital purchases also don't work. Although we do know that Sony has and used working software emulators. It seems Sony doesn't want to and instead wants to push streaming (I'm expecting PS2 classics on streaming services).

BUT I totally agree - I try to avoid digital purchases whenever possible, because as you said - in 10 years PS3 PSN/eShop/whatever may be down and then all the games are stuck on your current console and when that one fails everything is gone. And as Derb also said - patches might not be available as well and then even some disc based games are basically broken (Nintendo situation is better in that regard, because they don't release crap and then release day 1 patches), which is why I buy GOTY/Complete editions when possible on PS3.

Last edited by jimidini; 08-26-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:23 AM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

The only retail copy in Europe is going to be the Limited Edition which currently costs 49.99 and that's friggin way too much. I just want the standard copy and nothing else but Nintendo decided to make it an LE-exclusive.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
The only retail copy in Europe is going to be the Limited Edition which currently costs 49.99 and that's friggin way too much. I just want the standard copy and nothing else but Nintendo decided to make it an LE-exclusive.
It's available in 2 online stores in Germany for 50 EUR only.
Although "Limited Edition" is not explicitly mentioned.

I'm sure amazon sites will get it sooner or later.

btw. photo of the Limited Edition:

and it's up for preorder in Australia (EB Games):
https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-202893-P...-Edition-Wii-U
for 100 AUD.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #50
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
btw. photo of the Limited Edition:
I'm so jealous. I don't own a Wii-U, but I was planning on buying the game anyway to show my support for the series with the hope that it contributes to more games in the series after this one to continue being localized. Since it's Digital only in America, I can't! It's quite unfortunate...
Thanks given by:
Oniros (09-22-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Kun View Post
I'm so jealous. I don't own a Wii-U, but I was planning on buying the game anyway to show my support for the series with the hope that it contributes to more games in the series after this one to continue being localized. Since it's Digital only in America, I can't! It's quite unfortunate...
Why don't you just import a Wii U from Europe?

I'm from Europe, but I still imported mine from UK, because it was sold for effectively 100-110pounds (around $150) only 1 1/2 years ago.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

amazon.de has the Limited Edition now for 70EUR

http://www.amazon.de/Project-Zero-Ma.../dp/B014DSPUZ4

I don't know if they are shipping internationally because I already made my preorder somewhere else.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #53
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Was just available at amazon France, ordered my fall-back copy.

And now it's sold out

http://www.amazon.fr/Project-Zero-Pr.../dp/B014DSPUZ4

Was available for 60EUR only.

EDIT: lol, available again.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #54
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Kun View Post
Same boat here. I recently bought a Wii U and was really looking forward to playing this. But not only they made it digital-only in North America, but it takes a whooping 16 GB of space! Even if I wanted to play this digitally, I would have to buy an external hard drive to fit the game. Absolute madness.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:10 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

16 GB is the size of the Japanese version. If the NA release is multi-audio, it will take up more space than that. If the NA release only has one language track (because it is a digital file) while the versions for Europe receive multi-audio, that would be even more of a kick in the pants to the NA fans.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #56
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Thanks given by:
Talal86 (10-19-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 12:37 AM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Not a fan of digital only games. I like to actually own them as sooner or later they will be unplayable. I still play sega, N64, GBC,GBA games all the time. If I had bought them digitally chances are they would be lost to me. Hell in 10+ years digital PS4/X1 games may not be available anymore to people that have bought them.

360 digital games work differently, i.e, as long as you have the full games along with the profile they were bought with they will work always. However, indie games are only playable when connected to Xbox LIVE.

I bought about two indie games and they weren't games I'd want to play again, anyway.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:06 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

The reviews go from 40-90%. So, yeah, I guess it's a good thing we get to try it out for ourselves before buying.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
The reviews go from 40-90%. So, yeah, I guess it's a good thing we get to try it out for ourselves before buying.
That's good enough. Besides, if European gamers don't like the game we/they can always sell it on eBay or at a game store.

Now as for Americans.. digital or nada.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

I'm excited for the trial, I'm going through a 'gaming slump', so a couple of chapters is a perfect length for me now

will they let us download the full game? and then buy the access if we wanted to? I don't think I have enough space on the whopping 32gb drive.. will have to delete demos and games updates, I guess

Last edited by Talal86; 10-19-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U