Best Wii U Game Deals


Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.37
21 hrs ago
Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00
 
Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99
 
Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.77
 
Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99
 
Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.45
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #41
Cat III Cat III is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Cat III's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
USA
3
317
168
32
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Parker View Post
Apparently the discontinued characters will later be available as cards in order to use them for games. I think someone at Nintendo is failing to understand why people are actually buying these figures. I'm sure some of the audience wants them to unlock in the games but certainly not the majority. Stupid decision on Nintendo's part. Flushing potential money down the drain.
I dunno, scarcity might make these more popular by appealing to the collector crowd. If the cards are really cheap that may make money by opening the market up to people who want the game content but are unwilling to drop $13 to get a glorified action figure. Also, some collectors may double-dip to get both the figure and the card. We'll see.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #42
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
24
452
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasturB View Post
Also in hindsight I never thought Amiibos would be THIS popular.
I would have actually been more surprised if they weren't popular. Think about it. Besides Japan, no territories really have a good way to collect high quality Nintendo merchandise. This finally fills that void as well as incorporates a Pokemon "gotta have them all" wave release schedule. It also just so happens that they are unlocks for games. I would like to know how many are actually being used for the games instead of just sitting on shelves.

I almost pre-ordered the entire first run and knew some would be hard to come by. Fortunately (unfortunately) for me I had rent to pay so that never happened.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #43
NJ_RAMS_FAN NJ_RAMS_FAN is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
North Jersey
7
369
21
7
103
Default

the only want I want is Yoshi.lol. but im waiting for the rosalina one to come out for mt daughter. pretty sure they'll be a sale on these again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #44
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
24
452
7
Default

Rosalina is a Target exclusive and has been in and out of pre-order stock since the announcement of wave 2. Might want to make sure you get one ordered.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #45
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I would have actually been more surprised if they weren't popular. Think about it. Besides Japan, no territories really have a good way to collect high quality Nintendo merchandise. This finally fills that void as well as incorporates a Pokemon "gotta have them all" wave release schedule. It also just so happens that they are unlocks for games. I would like to know how many are actually being used for the games instead of just sitting on shelves.

I almost pre-ordered the entire first run and knew some would be hard to come by. Fortunately (unfortunately) for me I had rent to pay so that never happened.
Always found this odd. For how popular Nintendo is the merchandise has never been good. Nothing as how quality as I would have liked before really.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #46
NJ_RAMS_FAN NJ_RAMS_FAN is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
North Jersey
7
369
21
7
103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Rosalina is a Target exclusive and has been in and out of pre-order stock since the announcement of wave 2. Might want to make sure you get one ordered.
I read that target will not re-opened the pre-order. Guess I'll head 1st thing the morning on release day. If not, oh well..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #47
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah, I forgot that part. Here's a helpful chart for wave 1 of Amiibo's.

Why are Kirby, Star Fox, and Samus compatible with Mario Kart? They're not in the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #48
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Why are Kirby, Star Fox, and Samus compatible with Mario Kart? They're not in the game.
You get Mii costumes from the amiibo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #49
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
You get Mii costumes from the amiibo.
Thanks! Not much of an incentive really. They should have used the amiibo's to put the actual characters in the game.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
A Sith Lord? (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #50
GorillaGuy GorillaGuy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
GorillaGuy's Avatar
 
May 2014
103
111
Default

Little Mac is in stock on GS.com right now
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #51
ariakon ariakon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ariakon's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
VA
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
You get Mii costumes from the amiibo.
Oh, I had hoped it would eventually add them to the game. That's way less cool...


I guess I really should have read about Amiibo's beforehand, huh? (I got a Samus for my friend.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #52
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
Oh, I had hoped it would eventually add them to the game. That's way less cool...


I guess I really should have read about Amiibo's beforehand, huh? (I got a Samus for my friend.)
Yeah, Amiibo's are pretty useless in IMO. You can already use the characters in Smash and other games you just unlock costumes and items. So it's basically a $12 DLC costume or weapon that you can sit on you're shelf.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:14 PM   #53
ariakon ariakon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ariakon's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
VA
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah, Amiibo's are pretty useless in IMO. You can already use the characters in Smash and other games you just unlock costumes and items. So it's basically a $12 DLC costume or weapon that you can sit on you're shelf.
At least it's a relatively cool looking figure, even though my friend doesn't in any way collect Action Figures. I thought I was getting him Samus for Mario Kart (a gift that would have benefited me more than him, likely, but hey, it's not like he paid for it!)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #54
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
At least it's a relatively cool looking figure, even though my friend doesn't in any way collect Action Figures. I thought I was getting him Samus for Mario Kart (a gift that would have benefited me more than him, likely, but hey, it's not like he paid for it!)
Yeah, the figures are really cool which is a huge plus to this whole thing. Not sure if possible but maybe one day they'll patch them to give us the actual characters. Not sure if they would need new toys for that or just a game patch.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #55
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah, the figures are really cool which is a huge plus to this whole thing. Not sure if possible but maybe one day they'll patch them to give us the actual characters. Not sure if they would need new toys for that or just a game patch.
My son got Kirby and Yoshi for Christmas and we couldn't figure out how to use either one of them in Smash Brothers. All it kept telling us was "Please perform the initial set up for the amiibo before throwing it into battle."
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #56
A Sith Lord? A Sith Lord? is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
A Sith Lord?'s Avatar
 
Dec 2012
1
575
30
1
578
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Thanks! Not much of an incentive really. They should have used the amiibo's to put the actual characters in the game.
Exactly.

They are dropping the ball on the potential concept for Amiibos.

They could've gotten crazy with it and have special Samus, Kirby riding go karts amiibo's which would make them either DLC or unlock them.

Besides, Mario Kart to me is the Super Smash Bros. of racing games anyways, so why not go ahead and include your other first party properties?

I'd prefer Kirby and Samus over something like Metal Mario or Metal Peach. Those are definitely just throw ins.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:58 PM   #57
Dxtra30 Dxtra30 is offline
Special Member
 
Dxtra30's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
PA
169
Default

Better pick up Fox and Samus Amiibos -

Nintendo Discontinuing Star Fox And Samus Amiibos?
Fresh rumors indicate that more Nintendo Amiibo action figures might soon be discontinued. Leaked images from the Target retail database suggest that that "Fox" and "Metroid's" Samus may not be on store shelves for too much longer.


Google this and you'll see it's all over (rumors for now) but you never know. Still the other 3 are impossible to find (Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Marth)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #58
Blu350z Blu350z is offline
Power Member
 
Blu350z's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Berkeley, CA
150
13
Default

I'm still missing a few for my collection but I don't want to pay more than retail outside of paying shipping. I can't believe GameStop charges $3.50 for the slowest shipping option, 5-10 business days.

I heard Nintendo store in NY already got some of wave 3 but really all I really want is Pit and Little Mac.

Help!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #59
Hobbun Hobbun is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah, the figures are really cool which is a huge plus to this whole thing. Not sure if possible but maybe one day they'll patch them to give us the actual characters. Not sure if they would need new toys for that or just a game patch.
Agreed.

At the very least, they should have had it in having the Amiibo gives you an extra/special move or ability.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:38 AM   #60
Gamma_Winstead Gamma_Winstead is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Gamma_Winstead's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.
106
737
36
6
Default

Went hunting today.

-Silver Mario
-Charizard
-Greninja
-Wario
-Splatoon 3 pack
-Pac Man

Are all mine!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 AM.