Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.35

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.79

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.97

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.15

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 06-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Default Yoshi's Wolly World - Discussion Thread (It's out!)

A very relaxing game.

Photos of Yoshi's Wolly World
[Show spoiler]

Miiverse Community

Been playing it and enjoyed all of it so far. It sure was worth the 24 (= $37) I paid! My Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo should arrive tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:30 AM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

The game came with a plush Yoshi collectable correct?

I will get this digitally when ever it arrives. Since I saw the first trailer it's been #1 on my want list.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
The game came with a plush Yoshi collectable correct?

I will get this digitally when ever it arrives. Since I saw the first trailer it's been #1 on my want list.
There were two versions. One solus (game only) and the Special Edition (inc. game and amiibo).

I've received my Green Yarn Yoshi and god dammit, it's way smaller than I imagined! I thought it'd be somewhat big like the Yoshi with the Apple!!

Am I angry? No. Upset? You betcha! :-/
Old 06-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Don't do Amiibo but Yarn Yoshi looks nice.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
Special Member

Mar 2010
Los Angeles

played this for a few hours, I'd say the IGN review is spot on (which I rarely agree with). Its ok Looks great though!
Old 06-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #6

Apr 2008
Baltimore

I've checked every where online and it says release date is 10-16-15?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcellusk View Post
I've checked every where online and it says release date is 10-16-15?
It's delayed 4 months for US.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #8

Apr 2008
Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
It's delayed 4 months for US.
sweet
Old 06-28-2015, 10:56 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Got the combo pack with the Amiibo on Friday.

Played it a bit with the girlfriend this weekend, and so far it's been a very fun experience. Getting through the levels so far hasn't really been any problems, but finding all the secrets will require more than a bit of skill and persistence. Seems like a game with a lot to offer when it comes to replay value. Graphics and music is, as expected, utterly adorable.
Highly recommend this if you've been itching for a good Yoshi platformer. So far it seems like the best one since the original Yoshi's Island.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:29 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Been looking forward to this game forever it seems. Sucks we have to wait till Oct though. With the mad rush Fall is I'm hoping to get this for Christmas.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:38 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Riot View Post
Got the combo pack with the Amiibo on Friday.

Played it a bit with the girlfriend this weekend, and so far it's been a very fun experience. Getting through the levels so far hasn't really been any problems, but finding all the secrets will require more than a bit of skill and persistence. Seems like a game with a lot to offer when it comes to replay value. Graphics and music is, as expected, utterly adorable.
Highly recommend this if you've been itching for a good Yoshi platformer. So far it seems like the best one since the original Yoshi's Island.
Ganondorf's amiibo is downright spectacular so I'm happy for you that you own it too.

I for myself have been playing each stage and 100%'ing and then move on to the next so that it lasts longer.

EDIT: I didn't get the Special Edition because I hate that on the spine the colour at the bottom is purple, blue or whatever and as I'm in UK, I prefer them to be all green.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:47 PM   #12
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Ganondorf's amiibo is downright spectacular so I'm happy for you that you own it too.

I for myself have been playing each stage and 100%'ing and then move on to the next so that it lasts longer.

EDIT: I didn't get the Special Edition because I hate that on the spine the colour at the bottom is purple, blue or whatever and as I'm in UK, I prefer them to be all green.
I'll be doing this my 2nd playthrough. Usually for games like this and Mario, I'll beat it once and than go back and get everything I missed.

Don't think I've ever tried 100% it first and than moving on. May have to try that for a few stages this time.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:47 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote:

Yeah, I wanted the Ganondorf to complete my Tri-Force Amiibo collection (I have a bit of a Zelda collection), and this is standing alongside Zelda and Link now. Those are, except for the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, the only Amiibo I have.

I get what you mean, but the triangle's don't really bother me that much. I have a bit of a mix there in my collection, but I can see where you're coming from. Not only does it have the purple triangle, but like all special editions, it also has not only the PEGI rating on the front of the regular game case, but the German one as well (which is huge), which looks very cluttered together. That to me is way worse than the triangles.

We just want to experience the game in its entirety first, and then go back and find the secrets and 100% it.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Riot View Post
Yeah, I wanted the Ganondorf to complete my Tri-Force Amiibo collection (I have a bit of a Zelda collection), and this is standing alongside Zelda and Link now. Those are, except for the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, the only Amiibo I have.

I get what you mean, but the triangle's don't really bother me that much. I have a bit of a mix there in my collection, but I can see where you're coming from. Not only does it have the purple triangle, but like all special editions, it also has not only the PEGI rating on the front of the regular game case, but the German one as well (which is huge), which looks very cluttered together. That to me is way worse than the triangles.

We just want to experience the game in its entirety first, and then go back and find the secrets and 100% it.
The USK logo is terrible for any cover, it takes way too much space and it shouldn't so another reason to prefer the PEGI logo only instead.

Most levels are easy to find the collectibles but others? God dammit! It makes you look in every part of the stage for it because it could literally be anywhere! I still haven't found the last stamp (I have 19/20) in World 2 of 2-7 and I think I've looked pretty much everywhere.

I give Yoshi's Wolly World a 4/5 as per Amazon's score or 7/10.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post

Don't think I've ever tried 100% it first and than moving on. May have to try that for a few stages this time.
I've been doing it for Captain Toad (and is the reason I haven't finished it yet).
Old 07-01-2015, 11:05 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Been playing the game without 100%'d each stage and it's been a rather smooth experience, better than before actually. It was a bit tiresome to always look around the same stage for the hidden collectibles.

It doesn't help that the collectibles can be pretty much anywhere and so that means jumping a lot.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:05 AM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Old 09-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
So they're going to add nothing new to YWW when it's released in US.

I don't know why everyone's making a big deal out of it considering a lot already played it, except the ones in America.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:30 AM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

The US bundle with Amiibo is finally up for pre-order at Amazon.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:11 AM   #20
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Wait was worth it.

This game looks & sounds fantastic + no gimmicks! That right there was a shocker.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U