Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$11.99

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.76

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.68

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 11-13-2015, 03:01 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

The new footage looks better than before so I'm satisfied with my pre-order at 29.49.

Okay, yeah, some of it still looked very GameCube-era so hopefully they fix that. It's not that it looks bad but it's not using Wii U's graphical potential.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
The new footage looks better than before
Graphics comparison:
Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
I've already seen it the footage on Nintendo Direct yesterday so don't need to see it again. For the most part it looks better but here and there just isn't quite there yet.

27:51 is where it doesn't look very good but the rest is great.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Coming out April 22nd. Project Guard is rebranded as Starfox Guardgame and will be included with SFZero.

Quote:
The packaged version comes with a Star Fox Guardgame disc at a suggested retail price of $59.99 while the digital version of the game can be purchased by itself from Nintendo eShop for $49.99.
http://mynintendonews.com/2016/03/03...with-star-fox/

Old 03-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Going to stick to my standalone pre-order of Star Fox Zero (only 26 so pretty good deal). Project Guard looks like a tower defence game and the name indicates it too.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:15 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Going to stick to my standalone pre-order of Star Fox Zero (only 26 so pretty good deal). Project Guard looks like a tower defence game and the name indicates it too.
Seems to me that all phyisical preorders come with both games so

The only thing I didn't see in any game footage was twin or hyper laser. Single laser was useless in Star fox 64. Perhaps they've balanced the main weapon this time?
Old 03-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #27
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

I cant believe they didnt include PVP dogfighting in this game. That was my favorite feature in SF64.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Seems to me that all phyisical preorders come with both games so

The only thing I didn't see in any game footage was twin or hyper laser. Single laser was useless in Star fox 64. Perhaps they've balanced the main weapon this time?
Both games are for those that pre-order the First Print Edition. I'm just going to get Star Fox Zero alone but if the First Print Edition arrives instead I'll take that too.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Both games are for those that pre-order the First Print Edition. I'm just going to get Star Fox Zero alone but if the First Print Edition arrives instead I'll take that too.
Common sense would say if you pre-order you'll get the first print edition. That's the point to pre-ordering.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:03 PM   #30
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

I'm confused. Do all preorders come with the package including physical copies of both games? On Amazon and other sites the picture is of just the main game.

Last edited by ChadFL; 03-06-2016 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:37 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I'm confused. Do all preorders come with the package including physical copies of both games? On Amazon and other sites the picture is of just th main game.
Probably because the game has been available for preorder for quite some time and this news was recently announced. It will get updated soon enough. Same way that if you preordered the fire emblem game before that they'll change it to Tokyo Mirage Sessions once they have all the information.

Quote:
Nowhere in the Nintendo direct is that actually said. This seems more along the lines of how Bayonetta 2 came with Bayonetta 1 for all copies until it went oop a year later

Last edited by Hatter; 03-06-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

? If anybody knows... I'm currently on a prime free trial that expires before this comes out. If I preorder now will I still get the 47.99 prime price when it ships or will it adjust back up to full price?

Game wise, looks sweet. Star Fox 64 is one of my favorite games of all time, and looks like a worthy sequel to that.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:12 PM   #33
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:

Nowhere in the Nintendo direct is that actually said. This seems more along the lines of how Bayonetta 2 came with Bayonetta 1 for all copies until it went oop a year later
Yes it did.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Not really. Here in Europe Bayonetta 2 was sold with (Special Edition) and without Bayonetta 1.

I pre-ordered Star Fox Zero solus game so that's what I'm getting although if the retailer I've pre-ordered from sweeten up the deal by sending me the First Print Edition that would be pretty sweet.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

"Bad news" so as everyone's aware Star Fox Guard will be released physically it'll include a download code pamphlet inside.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
DFW TX

Preordered the hardcover strategy guide as well. Curious about the poster.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:41 PM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
"Bad news" so as everyone's aware Star Fox Guard will be released physically it'll include a download code pamphlet inside.

Not necessarily. Maybe for Europe but as I said for noa, there was no mention of this or limited time offers. Sucks for you definitely though
Old 03-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #38
Banned

May 2009

Quote:

Is it actually coming in a separate case but only including a download code? While I'm against all downloads it's an understandable practice for not wanting to ship games to retailers and worry about having the right amount of stock. But to go through the whole process of manufacturing and shipping cases but still have it only be a download is just despicable.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

The shot I put up from the direct clearly shows a box for the Standard Guard with download code underneath it. So that shouldn't be a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMaster View Post
But to go through the whole process of manufacturing and shipping cases but still have it only be a download is just despicable.
How else would Nintendo sell a download code? I've honestly never shopped for Wii U games in a physical store. I guess the real question is weather the first print has an actual disc for it or not. I agree it's pretty dumb to have a case for a code but it's not the first time. Ducktales Remastered did it on PS3 (but also had a collectors pin inside).
Old 03-08-2016, 08:05 PM   #40
Banned

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
The shot I put up from the direct clearly shows a box for the Standard Guard with download code underneath it. So that shouldn't be a surprise.

How else would Nintendo sell a download code? I've honestly never shopped for Wii U games in a physical store. I guess the real question is weather the first print has an actual disc for it or not. I agree it's pretty dumb to have a case for a code but it's not the first time. Ducktales Remastered did it on PS3 (but also had a collectors pin inside).
I know it's not the first time. Ducktales Remastered did get some backlash for it though, it was later re-released with a disc.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U