Best Wii U Game Deals


Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.35
 
Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99
 
Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.80
 
Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99
 
Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.08
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2016, 05:57 AM   #121
jimidini jimidini is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
jimidini's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
5
1870
424
7
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
I honestly don't give two rats ass about the NX until Nintendo starts showing how the console is, the layout of the controller and the launch lineup.
Shouldn't that be just the normal behavior?

Why would I be interested in getting a new console, that I know nothing about?

Quote:
The people who've bought Star Fox Zero did so because they either wanted a new Wii U game or were excited for a new Star Fox game and were very disappointed by how it turned out.
I enjoy it.

Bayonetta 2 sold 38.000 only in the first week. It's really the Platinum curse.
Okami on Wii sold 24.000 only.
The original Okami sold 66.000 only - that looks way better, but keep in mind that back then home consoles in Japan weren't dead.
Wonderful 101 sold 5000 copies (lol), poor Kamiya.

Last edited by jimidini; 04-28-2016 at 06:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:26 PM   #122
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
24
452
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Ninty
Please stop using this word. It's as bad as M$.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:28 PM   #123
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Please stop using this word. It's as bad as M$.
"Ninty" is a bad word? I just use it to not always write the whole name of the company. So, if "Ninty" is a bad word then what am I suppose to use instead?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #124
Hatter Hatter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
67
74
Default

Played about two hours. Yes the cockpit aiming does work, it's just hard to remember to use it when you're ship is in a safe enough position to do so.

As far as the game goes, there's fun to be had, but so far the 7/10 scores are looking on the money if I had to score it right now. The insistence on variety is a contradiction to what made star Fox (particularly 64) great. I'll keep playing because as reviews said, until you finish the game the first time all the cool alternate routes are locked.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #125
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Played about two hours. Yes the cockpit aiming does work, it's just hard to remember to use it when you're ship is in a safe enough position to do so.

As far as the game goes, there's fun to be had, but so far the 7/10 scores are looking on the money if I had to score it right now. The insistence on variety is a contradiction to what made star Fox (particularly 64) great. I'll keep playing because as reviews said, until you finish the game the first time all the cool alternate routes are locked.
Let's just call this what it is. This is basically a "bone" that Nintendo threw to Wii U owners to give them something to play. All of the major projects have been moved over to NX.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (04-29-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 10:31 PM   #126
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Let's just call this what it is. This is basically a "bone" that Nintendo threw to Wii U owners to give them something to play. All of the major projects have been moved over to NX.
Ninty screwed up Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash due to Star Fox Zero but even then, SFZ isn't a great game although it's mostly N's fault because they've forced the game to be playable only with the GamePad/motion controls. It's true it can be played partly with traditional controls but it still doesn't feel natural.

I don't even get why the voices come through the GamePad and not the TV. *sigh*
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:15 AM   #127
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Ninty screwed up Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash due to Star Fox Zero but even then, SFZ isn't a great game although it's mostly N's fault because they've forced the game to be playable only with the GamePad/motion controls. It's true it can be played partly with traditional controls but it still doesn't feel natural.

I don't even get why the voices come through the GamePad and not the TV. *sigh*
I'm SO ready to play a new Nintendo console without the use of that damn tablet!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (04-29-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 09:04 PM   #128
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
24
452
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
Bayonetta 2 sold 38.000 only in the first week.
Unofficially now it's over 1 million.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/05/0...million-units/
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:33 PM   #129
AeroK AeroK is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AeroK's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
DFW TX
34
1020
136
1
Default

Just started playing and the controls are taking me a while to get use to. I keep doing somersaults inadvertently.
[Show spoiler]In regards to the first level, has anybody beat the boss from the inside in the walker mode? I found it by accident but my health was diminished by that time and the 2nd time I beat the boss from the outside. Would the game branch off into another direction had I gone inside? I vaguely remember changing the outcome of the N64 game by certain decisions.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:48 PM.