Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U (Wii U)
$19.99

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.77

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 09-15-2015, 02:02 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I figured it out.

The problem I was having was that I wasn't sure how to get to the screen with my levels on it aside from the save/load option when making the levels (which does not have just a straight-up play option).

I finally figured out which icon takes you to the screen that you were describing.

I wish this game had better, more straight forward menu/option screens. Some of these icons aren't necessarily very intuitive IMO.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #42

Jun 2010

Yea if you open the menu in the upper left you can find an option labeled "Coursebot" which will allow you to select and play your levels in sequence, or without the EDIT button in the corner etc. I uploaded 5 courses over the last few days. They are all decent IMO but a few of them I am quite proud of. Sadly I think most of the people playing this game would die to a single goomba in a padded room. I notice alot of people dying in the first couple of obstacles in my courses and giving up. And noone stars anything that they don't complete LOL.

Like some others mentioned I wish all of the top rated levels weren't just gimmick fests.

If you guys want to check out some challenging but fair levels please give these a shot! May take a little practice but they are reasonable. I can beat them all consistently now.

Koopa Keep Ascent
94A8-0000-0039-A91F

The Koopa Keep
748F-0000-003E-A91F

The feather is your friend in these levels! Especially useful for swatting bullets!
Thanks given by:
varmintx (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #43
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boorah View Post
Yea if you open the menu in the upper left you can find an option labeled "Coursebot" which will allow you to select and play your levels in sequence, or without the EDIT button in the corner etc.
Cool, no edit button. Thanks for info.

I figured people would want to create reasonable levels that have some challenge yet are fun to play.

Has Nintendo added more levels of their own yet?
Old 09-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

Quote:
Yea if you open the menu in the upper left you can find an option labeled "Coursebot" which will allow you to select and play your levels in sequence, or without the EDIT button in the corner etc. I uploaded 5 courses over the last few days. They are all decent IMO but a few of them I am quite proud of. Sadly I think most of the people playing this game would die to a single goomba in a padded room. I notice alot of people dying in the first couple of obstacles in my courses and giving up. And noone stars anything that they don't complete LOL.

Like some others mentioned I wish all of the top rated levels weren't just gimmick fests.

If you guys want to check out some challenging but fair levels please give these a shot! May take a little practice but they are reasonable. I can beat them all consistently now.

Koopa Keep Ascent
94A8-0000-0039-A91F

The Koopa Keep
748F-0000-003E-A91F

The feather is your friend in these levels! Especially useful for swatting bullets!
I'll check out your levels tonight.

This level is pretty cool:

E53A-0000-0028-8AB3

I didn't make this, but using the SMB3 elements, someone approximated the first level of Super Mario Bros. 2 (the US version). Obviously there are limits and differences, but overall it's not bad.

I haven't tried these out yet, but just came across these codes today...

This is apparently supposed to based on the inside of the deku tree from Zelda: Ocarina of Time:
56E8-0000-002E-C8CD

And this is apparently based on the first dungeon from the original Legend of Zelda:
59B7-0000-0036-B2BE

I plan to try these out tonight.
Thanks given by:
varmintx (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

Not promising anything, but I'll try to add to the OP all the user and recommended levels that are posted in the thread. Please let me know if I fail to attribute a level correctly.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
Not promising anything, but I'll try to add to the OP all the user and recommended levels that are posted in the thread. Please let me know if I fail to attribute a level correctly.
Add all Super Mario Bros & Super Mario Bros 3 levels in the Wii U Mario Bros skin please...

(If Nintendo did that with all their Mario titles, they could charge a bundle! )
Old 09-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
Add all Super Mario Bros & Super Mario Bros 3 levels in the Wii U Mario Bros skin please...

(If Nintendo did that with all their Mario titles, they could charge a bundle! )
There will be some limitations/differences, but it is something that can be attempted as closely as possible.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:33 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
There will be some limitations/differences, but it is something that can be attempted as closely as possible.
Dude. It would be so awesome.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:17 AM   #49
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

AC41-0000-0044-29E3 (Level 1-3a)

Wow, remembered to write down the course code this time.

It's just odd I can't find your own online uploaded courses code.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:55 AM   #50

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
AC41-0000-0044-29E3 (Level 1-3a)

Wow, remembered to write down the course code this time.

It's just odd I can't find your own online uploaded courses code.
If you go into your uploaded course list in Course World, select the level, and in the bottom left just right of the clear % is a little tab that says ID. If you tap that it'll show to full ID code.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #51
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
If you go into your uploaded course list in Course World, select the level, and in the bottom left just right of the clear % is a little tab that says ID. If you tap that it'll show to full ID code.
Thanks, I'll try looking harder. After making that 1 level, my Gamepad had less then half of its battery life.

I forgot the Gamepad can't charge by USB. Damn!

Has anyone tried with the Wii U Pro? Ya know the 60+ hour controller?
Old 09-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #52
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I wish there was a way to search levels by name, or search for level makers by name (rather than needing codes for the levels, and the makers just coming up in arbitrary lists).

Also I played a couple of the courses that you guys made last night. I tried to give them each a "star," but it didn't seem to work. I'm not sure what the heck I was doing wrong.

As cool as the game is, they really should make many of these features more intuitive. Too many aspects of it are too cumbersome and/or elusive. I'm not some kind of novice new to gaming, so it's not like I don't know how to navigate typical game menus and such. But with this, I feel like I have to "dig around" to find things that really should be more obvious and "in your face."
Old 09-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I just spent way too much time making a level, lol.

It's an attempt at a recreation of World 7-2 (the final level) from Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA Version).

Here is the NEW code:

AE8F-0000-004B-207F

Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; 09-18-2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: NEW CODE
Old 09-18-2015, 08:46 AM   #54

Jun 2010

Quote:
I just spent way too much time making a level, lol.

It's an attempt at a recreation of World 7-2 (the final level) from Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA Version).

Here is the code:

3EBA-0000-0049-4183
I'll check that out in the morning

I'm running out of upload slots, and it's a looong road to 50 stars. Also played a 100 mario challenge (16 levels) and they were pretty much all terrible except for one or two. All either gimmicks or just stylus tap happy with the enemies.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
I tried to give them each a "star," but it didn't seem to work. I'm not sure what the heck I was doing wrong.
When you have finished the level, just touch the star inside the comment button on the gamepad. That will give out a star.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #56
Special Member

Oct 2008
Maryland

For anybody in the US that missed out on the 8-Bit Mario Amiibo in stores and on Amazon last week, it looks like B&H has it up for pre-order at $19.99

It looks like Gamestop has it for 12.99 before shipping.

Last edited by Bucky; 09-18-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:38 PM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

Quote:
I'll check that out in the morning
I hope you enjoy it! It's not "perfect." Even aside from the obvious stark differences between SMB2 and the rest of the series, in terms of the layout, space-wise, I had to omit few things, and many of the areas that are there are shrunk down a bit just to fit it all within the space in the game.

Also, since Mario Maker isn't really designed for the degree of vertical platforming that exists in SMB2, I had to compromise by splitting some of that into smaller sections connected with pipes.

But all in all, it's not bad. I'm actually really happy with how the final boss battle came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
When you have finished the level, just touch the star inside the comment button on the gamepad. That will give out a star.
Cool, thanks for the tip! I'll go back and give stars to the levels that I was trying to do that with in the first place.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:01 PM   #58
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the tip! I'll go back and give stars to the levels that I was trying to do that with in the first place.
What's pretty bad is that touching the comment button itself (or well making a comment) will automatically star the level.

I played some crazy Japanese level (had several Lakitus and so many enemies in it, beating it was totally luck based). Finally beat it after so many lives were lost. Commented it with "X NG", and I star-ed the level that way too, although I didn't want to. lol
Old 09-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #59

Jun 2010

Quote:
I hope you enjoy it! It's not "perfect." Even aside from the obvious stark differences between SMB2 and the rest of the series, in terms of the layout, space-wise, I had to omit few things, and many of the areas that are there are shrunk down a bit just to fit it all within the space in the game.

Also, since Mario Maker isn't really designed for the degree of vertical platforming that exists in SMB2, I had to compromise by splitting some of that into smaller sections connected with pipes.

But all in all, it's not bad. I'm actually really happy with how the final boss battle came out.

I wish they had a vertical scrolling option for levels, not sure why they didn't add that format. But it's okay you can create the illusion of moving upwards with doors/pipes etc like you said.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I made a few tweeks to the SMB2 7-2 level and reuploaded it. I'm deleting the previous version.

The new code is:

AE8F-0000-004B-207F

I also edited my earlier post to update the code.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U