Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.36

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.79

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.97

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.10

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 11-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Default Rodea - The Sky Soldier (Wii U/3DS)

Quote:
NIS America is extremely excited to announce that Rodea The Sky Soldier is coming to North America and Europe this fall for Nintendo Wii U™ and Nintendo 3DS™! The game will also be available as a digital download on the Nintendo eShop. The brainchild of Yuji Naka and Zin Hasegawa, Rodea: The Sky Soldier brings speed and adventure together in this new journey through the sky.

About the game:

1,000 years ago, Emperor Geardo of the Naga Empire sent an army of machine soldiers to invade the sky kingdom of Garuda. Thanks to the efforts of Princess Cecilia and Rodea, a machine soldier who promised to protect Garuda, Emperor Geardo’s assault was thwarted.

In present day, a spirited inventor named Ion discovers an abandoned robot that has fallen into disrepair in the heart of a scorching desert. Upon completing her repairs, the robot stirs to life and reveals itself to be none other than Rodea. Stunned to find himself in the future, Rodea learns that the Naga Empire is no more and that Garuda has known peace for 1,000 years.

But this peace was not meant to last, for the forces of Naga have returned to wage war against Garuda. Remembering the promise he made 1,000 years ago, Rodea takes to the skies to defend Garuda from the Naga Empire once again.

Key Features:

Touch the Sky – Complete each mission by traversing the aerial kingdom of Garuda while solving puzzles and demolishing enemies! Upgrade your flight capabilities and take full control of the air to discover secrets of the past and hints of the future.

Delightful Tinkering – Explore each level and shatter enemies to collect Gears and Gravitons which Ion can use in her workshop to upgrade Rodea with new abilities and weapons, from upgrading his stats (such as health, attack damange, and speed) to powerful machine guns.

Colossal Battles – Engage in battles on an epic scale as you combat the massive automatons of the Naga army. Dodge and weave in acrobatic combat as you evade the behemoths’ attacks and locate their weaknesses.

Endless Hours of Fun – Replay your favorite levels to better your time and uncover numerous hidden objectives and items. Upgrade your gear to set new speed records and increase your score.
http://gamasutra.com/view/pressrelea...D_3DStrade.php

Will release on November 10th in US and on November 13th in Europe, was already released in Japan.

All First Prints of Wii U version also include the Wii game as well (includes Non-Limited Editions)

---

Limited Edition is almost sold out:
Europe: http://store.nisaeurope.com/products...-edition-wii-u
US: http://store.nisamerica.com/rodea-the-sky-soldier

Limited Edition includes:
- Rodea the Sky Soldier - Wii U & Wii Game (Launch Day Edition)
- Hardcover Official art book
- Jewell case Soundtrack
- Bonus Time Key Pendant

---

Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer:

---

also available for 3DS.

Last edited by jimidini; 11-04-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:21 AM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Got the email yesterday that my copy was charged and getting ready to ship.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

The Wii U version is a crappy downgraded port from the 3DS so I'll just wait for someone to put up the Wii version for sale on eBay (the way it was meant to be played).
Old 11-05-2015, 02:41 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
The Wii U version is a crappy downgraded port from the 3DS so I'll just wait for someone to put up the Wii version for sale on eBay (the way it was meant to be played).
Probably end up paying more if you go that route. You should buy the set and sell the Wii u disc instead.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Probably end up paying more if you go that route. You should buy the set and sell the Wii u disc instead.
Probably cheaper. The Limited Edition costs like 60 so the Wii game should go for 15-20 tops.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Probably cheaper. The Limited Edition costs like 60 so the Wii game should go for 15-20 tops.
Judging by comments around the net, most are buying the set just for the super limited Wii disc. Seems unlikely that the Wii version will ever be sold retail by itself.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Just to make that clear - the Wii game is included with all Wii U First Prints. It's not Limited Edition only, but it doesn't seem that it will be ever sold separately and when first print is sold out, then it will be gone.

I personally bought the Limited Edition, especially because this game will probably be the last (proper) Wii game ever released. I know, some Barbie game and the yearly Ubisoft Just Dance game will be released afterwards, but who gives a s*** about those.

Maybe you will get lucky and someone wants to sell the better game of the package. To me that wouldn't make any sense

I really don't understand why they couldn't even be bothered with implementing Wiimote support in the Wii U game. Somewhat like Capcom dropping 3DS motion aiming in the Wii U version.

Last edited by jimidini; 11-06-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:49 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Anybody gotten a shipping notice for the LE? They sent an email on Monday I was charged but nothing for shipping yet.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Anybody gotten a shipping notice for the LE? They sent an email on Monday I was charged but nothing for shipping yet.
Nope.

I was charged about 2 months ago, because their silly system charges automatically after 1 1/2 months have passed. Well looking at the current pounds <-> EUR conversion, I guess i should be thankful.

---

New 60 fps Wii U gameplay footage:

That reminds me - it seems NISA confirmed that all 3 versions will have dual audio. Thank god.

---

File size 4.3 GB.

Last edited by jimidini; 11-07-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

the gameplay reminds me of Gravity Rush, but the flying is kind of slow
Old 11-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
Just to make that clear - the Wii game is included with all Wii U First Prints. It's not Limited Edition only, but it doesn't seem that it will be ever sold separately and when first print is sold out, then it will be gone.

I personally bought the Limited Edition, especially because this game will probably be the last (proper) Wii game ever released. I know, some Barbie game and the yearly Ubisoft Just Dance game will be released afterwards, but who gives a s*** about those.

Maybe you will get lucky and someone wants to sell the better game of the package. To me that wouldn't make any sense

I really don't understand why they couldn't even be bothered with implementing Wiimote support in the Wii U game. Somewhat like Capcom dropping 3DS motion aiming in the Wii U version.
Further to that, why not make the Wii U version a port of the Wii game and not the 3DS game. The gamepad is perfectly capable of being a pointer device or even let you tap on its screen in addition to supporting a wiimote.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

This game looks incredible. I like the N64 style graphics & English female voice over which border lines glass shattering.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:31 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

1 1/2 hours of footage:
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesradar/v/23860871?t=4.767
Old 11-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:

It's not so limited edition since a UK retailer (Grainger Games) advertised that the Wii version would come with the standard edition release for those who pre-ordered early. If I can get it, great, if not, then whatever.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
It's not so limited edition since a UK retailer (Grainger Games) advertised that the Wii version would come with the standard edition release for those who pre-ordered early. If I can get it, great, if not, then whatever.
???

I wrote exactly that.
"Just to make that clear - the Wii game is included with all Wii U First Prints. It's not Limited Edition only"

There is a regular version and the first print of that one includes the Wii game too. And there is a Limited Edition, which is available from NISA + Nintendo store, and that one includes it as well.

And it's not a preorder bonus, it's first print. I guess Grainger Games wants people to preorder the game. So you may even wait a bit for some price drop. When the first print sold out then you will be out of luck. It depends on how many copies are printed. I'm pretty sure that it will sell really badly in UK (Niche game + Wii U + not that great except for the Wii version), but who knows maybe they calculated that already and are printing just some tiny number of copies.

Last edited by jimidini; 11-08-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:33 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

The game's going to sell badly but that's because of their own stupidity to make the Wii U version a downgraded port from the 3DS and give the Wii version (the proper and intended version) a limited run. Reap what you sow, Nintendo & NISA.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Does anybody know if the WiiU version is a downgraded port?
Old 11-08-2015, 05:05 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Well, it's a port of the 3DS version.

Instead of porting the Wii version directly and keep Wiimote support, they went that route. It makes no sense.

Quote:
The game's going to sell badly but that's because of their own stupidity to make the Wii U version a downgraded port from the 3DS and give the Wii version (the proper and intended version) a limited run. Reap what you sow, Nintendo & NISA.
The Wii version was in development hell for quite some time and when it was finally ready, the Wii was basically dead. I understand why they didn't want to sell the Wii version anymore, it would have sold even worse than what 3DS + Wii U are going to sell. They could have of course made a proper Wii U version instead of doing this non-sense. At least Wii U is backward compatible, so it's not as silly as for example selling a broken PS4 game with the original PS3 game included.

Was Nintendo involved at all? I think this is purely NISA. Development was done by Prope (prope.jp).

Last edited by jimidini; 11-08-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:33 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
It is. Have you not seen the gameplay videos?

The Wii U is a horrible downgraded port from the 3DS with brown visuals.

Quote:
The Wii version was in development hell for quite some time and when it was finally ready, the Wii was basically dead. I understand why they didn't want to sell the Wii version anymore, it would have sold even worse than what 3DS + Wii U are going to sell. They could have of course made a proper Wii U version instead of doing this non-sense. At least Wii U is backward compatible, so it's not as silly as for example selling a broken PS4 game with the original PS3 game included.

Was Nintendo involved at all? I think this is purely NISA. Development was done by Prope (prope.jp).
Even if Nintendo isn't involved in this turdstorm it'll still affect them since the audience is already niche enough as it is and the originally intended edition is being treated as a mere bonus (just like it was of the same importance of a soundtrack CD).

Anyway, it's still advertised on Grainger Games to come with the Wii version so the pre-orders are probably in the toilet.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
doubt that's the reason this will sell like crap
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U