Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Game Party Champions (Wii U)
$12.37

Splatoon (Wii U)
$33.00

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Lego Jurassic World (Wii U)
$9.77

Just Dance 2016 (Wii U)
$9.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$9.45

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 04-11-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Default Lost Reavers BETA will get released this week in Europe

Horray.

Lost Reavers aka Project Treasure (free to play).

Trailer:

Japanese Gameplay:

I hope there wasn't a thread about it already. I searched and couldn't find any.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Thanks for the reminder and it's a free game so will give it a go.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:20 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Seems to be out now already in the US.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Not until the 14th.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:50 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Not until the 14th.
Weird. Someone on gamefaqs said that it's out already.

EDIT: he said that he mixed something up. Will get released in 2 days in US too. (on 14th)

Last edited by jimidini; 04-12-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:43 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Some impressions.

The game is actually quite fun. And at least for now basically nothing would have "forced" me to buy anything. In fact not buying stuff like ammo means the game gets more difficult and I kinda like the difficulty.

It's using Unreal Engine 3, so the frame rate isn't solid 30 fps, but it runs quite well. I mean I have played way worse UE3 games on PS3 + Wii U.

There are some glitches like for example enemies not reacting when getting shot by me. Or I'm not even able to shoot at all. It seems that's netcode, because I never experienced such issues when I was hosting. And that seems to happen at random and then sticks. Sometimes I was able to still hack devices in levels. Sometimes I wasn't. It's really weird.

You can unlock new weapons by hacking chests. Chests are available for only a certain amount of time and you need to do lots of hacks to open them. For me it was 15 or 20 times. You get medals sometimes while playing the game, those allow you to buy hacks and those can be used against the chests. Earlier today the chest limit was 8-9 hours. It's now 170 hours or so. Which means chests will disappear after that limit and in case you tried to hack it 10 times and didn't manage to open it, then it's simply gone and you got nothing.

The game unlocks more content at level 10, and more levels at level 15. I'm currently at level 18. At first it feels very easy, but it gets really difficult pretty fast.

I have seen 2 bosses, which are optional and accessed by entering red warp zones / loading areas. For newbies: do not enter those. You will get killed. Even a team of level 18 or 19 players is basically doomed. I tried it several times. They have an insane amount of health and can one shot you.

There are also minor "bosses", that you need to beat to continue onward. Levels are afaik randomized.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:08 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Even for a beta this game sucks. Super laggy and when beating the crap out of the zombies it didn't feel satisfying whatsoever nor was there any blood.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

So not time to dust my Wii just yet?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Super laggy
The game is peer to peer (like almost all multiplayer games nowadays). Maybe you played, while someone from another region hosted the game.

Quote:
when beating the crap out of the zombies it didn't feel satisfying whatsoever nor was there any blood.
You unlock all sorts of moves in the skills menu. Level 25+ play is completely different compared to newbie play, when you unlock those moves.

The difficulty gets a bit insane after you unlock 2 star missions (level 15). And it gets really insane when you unlock 3 star missions (at level 25).

I'm now capped out at level 30 with one character. I really like it. It's sort of survival gameplay. And the levels are randomized every time. There are a few issues, but I haven't paid a single dime for it, so that's okay. Hopefully it will get fixed.

When everyone on the team knows what they are doing, it's really great. And I got like 300 healing items lol. I don't think they will earn much from me, if at all. Quite funny, they surely made it difficult, so that they can earn money, but the difficulty is one of the reasons why I like it. It's a damn shame, with more polish and more missions, I would definitely buy it for the price of regular larger digital titles.

I really like that you don't shoot + kill humans. Instead mummies, zombies, etc. And there are also traps in some missions. It's basically what I would have wanted Uncharted coop multiplayer to be. And as I said - it's quite difficult, but it's not BS-difficulty. Even the undead cop, that is shooting at you (the only enemy in the game that does this), can actually be dodged. You just have to figure it out.

---

The game will get a major update in Japan this summer. New stage "Demon Castle", which will feature Demon Ninjas + Samurai.
And new weapons + costumes.

Last edited by jimidini; 04-18-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Unfortunately the beta is restricted to only using the GamePad even though it could have used the Wii U Pro Controller / Wiimote + Nunchuk just as well.

Btw, this is the only Wii U game so far that I've experienced any lag because Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Smash, Most Wanted and Pokken were lag-free in my playtime.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Unfortunately the beta is restricted to only using the GamePad even though it could have used the Wii U Pro Controller / Wiimote + Nunchuk just as well.
Could have, yes. But chat works using the touchscreen. That would either not work at all anymore or way worse than now.

And I think wiimote/nunchuk would not have enough buttons.

It's quite weird. The Japanese version atm is quite different compared to our Beta. For example when you beat a boss, a jingle plays in the Japanese version. This is not the case in the Beta.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:22 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

The chat.. you mean those sentences already made up? They're as useful as the predictive chat responses for MK8 and Splatoon.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
The chat.. you mean those sentences already made up? They're as useful as the predictive chat responses for MK8 and Splatoon.
There should be more lines - sure, but it is useful. The whole point is that your lines are shown to the other players in their own language, so it's possible to chat with Japanese and all sorts of European players.

And you can send a line within a second, that's important when you are playing the game. You couldn't do that with a chat system, where you had to enter characters manually. Maybe that type of chat could be added to the lobby.

I really like this type of chat because of that.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Played this for about an hour last night. I for sure enjoy the idea of the game. My main issue is that I had my "room" set to playing solo and yet I still had someone enter it.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
There should be more lines - sure, but it is useful. The whole point is that your lines are shown to the other players in their own language, so it's possible to chat with Japanese and all sorts of European players.

And you can send a line within a second, that's important when you are playing the game. You couldn't do that with a chat system, where you had to enter characters manually. Maybe that type of chat could be added to the lobby.

I really like this type of chat because of that.
The "chat" is utter and completely useless. It makes you think it changes anything, but it doesn't.

This would have been useful if it were a game to be released in 2003.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
The "chat" is utter and completely useless. It makes you think it changes anything, but it doesn't.
It seems you haven't actually played the game. It is useful. As I said - more lines would be useful, but it is useful already. I use it regularly.

And it is in fact especially useful when people play together, who DO NOT SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE. As I already said. That's the whole point. Because in such cases, no other text or voice chat would help you. Unless of course you are able to write and understand German, French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese. Maybe you are, idk.

Unless of course other games nowadays not only support instant speech to text, but also support fully automated translation to other languages of said text. And even then, for some things touching 2 things on the touchscreen is way faster than actually saying "can someone pick up this item".

Even in Splatoon it's useful ESPECIALLY because lots of Japanese players are playing the game. Would you tell them to learn English before they are allowed to play? Or maybe they should tell you to learn Japanese before playing.

When this game goes from BETA to release you will see that lots of Japanese players are playing this game too. And thank god for this type of chat.

Would it be nice to have voice chat and manual text chat? I have already said yes to that. But this type of chat has its use. It's not useless. It's a solution to a problem, that isn't solved by anything else yet.

Last edited by jimidini; 04-20-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I'll go one further jimi and say I don't really even see the need for the chat that they have in place to be honest. To be clear, I'm actually agreeing with your point. If you can't tell you should cover a buddy that's repairing/opening something or to protect the slower moving person with the blue ball sack at stage end you shouldn't be playing. This is a pretty simple game that doesn't need chat to be successful in a group.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

The point is that the predictive responses are a hit and miss. Either someone will read what you selected and will do something about it or won't.

Anyway, the game's bollocks right now so won't bother with it.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #19
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Is this free to play?

Edit my bad.

Is there micro-transactions?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:39 AM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Gave the game another chance today and what a wonderful experience I had!

First it made me agree to their terms again and then the whole game was plagued with a hissing noise. Now to make matters worse, whilst playing online (very laggy again) it was also with a ton of hiss, no actual sounds/music and what happened in the end? Out of the blue I got struck with a message saying the online match had been disbanded.

GOTY material, folks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U