Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
My Little Riding Champion (Switch)
$14.99

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Switch)
$49.94

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch)
$29.99

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$119.99

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch)
$29.99

Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of The New World (Switch)
$29.99

Steins;Gate Elite (Switch)
$62.47
17 hrs ago
Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland (Switch)
$53.94

Banner Saga Trilogy (Switch)
$19.99

Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
$57.19

Kill la Kill - IF (Switch)
$49.94

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch)
$29.90

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 08-17-2019, 11:37 PM   #8661
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Hmm...

Quote:
You might not want to buy a first-generation Switch with the assumption Nintendo will replace it with a new model. A Nintendo spokesperson has flatly denied that swaps are available, telling The Verge that "we do not have a Nintendo Switch exchange program." It's not clear why customer service representatives are saying otherwise. We've asked for comment, but it could be a matter of PR and service reps receiving conflicting information.
https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/17/...bIE85QqtAOf_cs
Old 08-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #8662
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

First gen Switch is more valuable, they have that exploit in the chipset that allows them to be hacked at a hardware level (meaning Nintendo can’t block it with software patches). If you put it on eBay and specify it’s the launch model, you could get a lot for it from the modding community.

The new ones with an updated chipset most likely fixed the exploit.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:39 PM   #8663
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
First gen Switch is more valuable, they have that exploit in the chipset that allows them to be hacked at a hardware level (meaning Nintendo can’t block it with software patches). If you put it on eBay and specify it’s the launch model, you could get a lot for it from the modding community.

They actually fixed it on a stealth revision of the old model. Last I read they figure the first 15 million consoles have the issue. The new ones for sure do not have the exploit.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:00 PM   #8664

Nov 2010
Minnesota

I just returned a revised Switch. My daughter only liked Kart. Everything else was a little too complex or didn't hold her interest.

Personally, I absolutely loved Smash Bros. If the online were a little bit better, I might have kept the console for it....

Everything else I tried was fine, but not compelling enough to keep the console. I found the cost of everything needed for a great experience a bit bloated. I'm not much of a retro gamer. Playing Super Mario Bros 1 & 3 was fun for a few memories, but that's it for me. My daughter had no interest in anything that looked old.

My one regret is not being able to play Bayonetta 2

I loved how easy it is to get into a game. I can be in the middle of round of Smash Bros before the Xbox is even booted. Everything is so streamlined and to the point, bravo Nintendo...next gen consoles please take note! I know Phil has, but I won't believe it until I see it.

I won't lie, I did miss the Xbox One X technical graphics and sound. The Switch generally sounds very compressed and lacking in dynamic range. I can only wonder what Smash Bros would look and sound like in a higher res with HDR, and less compressed sound. Where are you Pro Switch X with enhancement patches!?
Old 08-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #8665
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
They actually fixed it on a stealth revision of the old model. Last I read they figure the first 15 million consoles have the issue. The new ones for sure do not have the exploit.
That’s why I said "launch model"
Old 08-18-2019, 04:53 PM   #8666
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy1 View Post
I loved how easy it is to get into a game. I can be in the middle of round of Smash Bros before the Xbox is even booted. Everything is so streamlined and to the point, bravo Nintendo...next gen consoles please take note! I know Phil has, but I won't believe it until I see it.
Not sure what the new Xbox will have, but the PS5 will have an SSD for faster load times.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #8667

Jan 2012
the 276 of Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post

What is the going price for a day one model?
Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #8668
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Question for everyone. We're all assuming there will be an updated Switch at some point. Let's also assume all current Switch games will also play on it. How many would buy one if the only option they had was no tv out, portable only? Also this won't be a NN3DS style sidegrade but they come out and say "this is our new system going forward." People are already buying a Lite for an extra hour or so of battery time despite it missing a lot of features but I'm interested.
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM   #8669
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Question for everyone. We're all assuming there will be an updated Switch at some point. Let's also assume all current Switch games will also play on it. How many would buy one if the only option they had was no tv out, portable only? Also this won't be a NN3DS style sidegrade but they come out and say "this is our new system going forward." People are already buying a Lite for an extra hour or so of battery time despite it missing a lot of features but I'm interested.
They wouldn’t do that with the flagship Switch, that’s what the Lite is for.
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #8670
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Ffs it's a "what if" scenario. Nintendo has a history of doing very stupid shit.
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #8671
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

I would personally be out. I tried playing my Switch in handheld this week and it just isn’t as fun for me. I also tried out a 2DS XL and couldn’t get in to it. Handheld gaming for me is going to stay in the early 2000s with my Gameboy.

With the new chipset the only benefit the Lite has now is more sturdiness since it is all one piece. And being more budget friendly of course.
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #8672
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Expect some hands on impression of the Lite hitting the net soon

Thanks given by:
Heapashifter (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #8673
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013

Quote:
I used to exclusively play my Switch in handheld mode when I didn't have access to a TV and it was fine back then, but I couldn't go back to it. Now I only play the Switch on my TV.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #8674
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM   #8675
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I would personally be out. I tried playing my Switch in handheld this week and it just isn’t as fun for me. I also tried out a 2DS XL and couldn’t get in to it. Handheld gaming for me is going to stay in the early 2000s with my Gameboy.

With the new chipset the only benefit the Lite has now is more sturdiness since it is all one piece. And being more budget friendly of course.
I play my Switch in handheld when on the toilet.
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #8676
Special Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

has anyone exchanged their old ones for the new ones at game stop yet? i may do that myself, i got mine in November at the end of it so i dunno if it's one of the fixed ones, but is it worth trading it in for the new one? other than battery life what is different?
Old Today, 12:50 AM   #8677
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
has anyone exchanged their old ones for the new ones at game stop yet? i may do that myself, i got mine in November at the end of it so i dunno if it's one of the fixed ones, but is it worth trading it in for the new one? other than battery life what is different?
That’s the only difference. It has a more energy efficient chipset, so the same battery lasts longer.
Old Today, 12:52 AM   #8678
Power Member

May 2007
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
I did because they are giving $225 and mine was a launch model and the battery was starting to get horrible. I traded in some other stuff and only had to put out $5.

It's definitely identical in pretty much every way but was nice to get a brand new console and joycons.
Old Today, 02:33 AM   #8679
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Black one looks nice.

I thought only a grey one was offered.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™