Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.50

Mortal Engines 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hereditary 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.00
36 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 06-03-2019, 06:29 PM   #101
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
In my theatre room

Lol I didn’t even noticed the autocorrect. Racks are awesome though.
Thanks given by:
fighthefutureofhd (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #102
Power Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Perhaps StudioCanal's German peeps saw this and thought they'd kill two birds with one disc, putting *all* the extras on there instead so they don't have to press the bonus BD - but then they appear to be pressing the bonus disc anyway if the standard German release is correct? Now I can see why there's some confusion here,
Yes, this. And I just like to know what my options are. So I can at least make an educated (wrong) choice.

And even if SC's encoding isn't very good in general, I'd still try my luck with a UK BD100 without all the extras over a German BD100 with all the extras for example.

Quote:
although I was still correct in my guess that the UK 3-disc steel omits WYS...
And I didn't say you're wrong. I just wasn't sure due to the official info I had re. the German release and the AFAICT maybe not so official info in the blu-ray.com news.

Conclusion: Still don't know what to buy - currently have both the German steel and the UK CE pre-ordered...
Old 06-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #103
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
Conclusion: Still don't know what to buy - currently have both the German steel and the UK CE pre-ordered...
I'm in the same boat. I have the fnac.com (French) exclusive Steelbook pre-ordered, but I want the maximum set, and I'm not clear on how many discs the fnac edition will have.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #104
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
Chronic Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS.T.G. View Post
Lol I didnít even noticed the autocorrect. Racks are awesome though.
Aren't they though? And they go with everything. Isn't it funny how you don't noticed things?
Old 06-03-2019, 07:30 PM   #105
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
In my theatre room

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
Aren't they though? And they go with everything. Isn't it funny how you don't noticed things?
I swear Iím not drunk. I blame my iPad. Iím not accountable.
Thanks given by:
fighthefutureofhd (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #106
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Yes, this. And I just like to know what my options are. So I can at least make an educated (wrong) choice.

And even if SC's encoding isn't very good in general, I'd still try my luck with a UK BD100 without all the extras over a German BD100 with all the extras for example.

And I didn't say you're wrong. I just wasn't sure due to the official info I had re. the German release and the AFAICT maybe not so official info in the blu-ray.com news.

What I find interesting is the disc languages laid out in the specs at the links you provided, it mentions Englisch and Deutsch ONLY. Now, I know that this wouldn't be the first time that specs only list those items pertinent to its country of distribution and forget the rest (Fox are terrrrrrible for this) but if I didn't know any better I'd say that it looks like ze German UHDs and BDs are indeed their own localised pressings, while the French and multiple English-speaking territories (US/UK/Oz/NZ) will share the other pressing perhaps?

It'd be a strange move for StudioCanal compared to what they've done previously on UHD disc but maybe their local German lads and lasses wanted to do it their own way? The market is strong enough to support different pressings now, they don't have to lump every territory together to save money by doing one main version.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #107
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
Chronic Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS.T.G. View Post
I swear Iím not drunk. I blame my iPad. Iím not accountable.
You're drunk on sweet, sweet 4K. Be careful though. It's a bit like Jaggermister. It can knock you out and put you a trashcan by night's end.
Thanks given by:
ROSS.T.G. (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #108
Power Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
[Show spoiler]What I find interesting is the disc languages laid out in the specs at the links you provided, it mentions Englisch and Deutsch ONLY. Now, I know that this wouldn't be the first time that specs only list those items pertinent to its country of distribution and forget the rest (Fox are terrrrrrible for this) but if I didn't know any better I'd say that it looks like ze German UHDs and BDs are indeed their own localised pressings, while the French and multiple English-speaking territories (US/UK/Oz/NZ) will share the other pressing perhaps?

It'd be a strange move for StudioCanal compared to what they've done previously on UHD disc but maybe their local German lads and lasses wanted to do it their own way? The market is strong enough to support different pressings now, they don't have to lump every territory together to save money by doing one main version.
We'll know in July at any rate. Right now, I guess I'll take the German steel, because I can get it much cheaper than the UK CE (and as you said, most likely it won't really matter re. the bitrates anyway).

I didn't even rule out the even cheaper US release completely yet. Actually thought that maybe the US releases (2 discs according to wowhd) shares the same UHD as the German release (?) and is lacking only "When You're Strange".

France (going by amazon.fr) appears to be mirroring the UK steel and is lacking "When You're Strange".

Not having proper information is annoying the f out of me at any rate. And StudioCanal UK doesn't want to talk to me so it seems - sent them an email as well.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 09:11 PM   #109

Mar 2019

I folded and bought the 4-disc set, although would have liked the steel. I can't justify missing out on the documentary when they're priced the same.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:18 PM   #110
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
We'll know in July at any rate. Right now, I guess I'll take the German steel, because I can get it much cheaper than the UK CE (and as you said, most likely it won't really matter re. the bitrates anyway).

I didn't even rule out the even cheaper US release completely yet. Actually thought that maybe the US releases (2 discs according to wowhd) shares the same UHD as the German release (?) and is lacking only "When You're Strange".

France (going by amazon.fr) appears to be mirroring the UK steel and is lacking "When You're Strange".

Not having proper information is annoying the f out of me at any rate. And StudioCanal UK doesn't want to talk to me so it seems - sent them an email as well.
I hear ya, it's all rather confusing. I haven't ordered anything for it yet, I think I'll just go for the UK one.
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (06-03-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 03:38 PM   #111
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Gallatin, Tennessee

I would've liked to have gotten the 4 disc set, but my Oppo's not region free, so I guess the 2 disc from Bull Moose is what I'll get for the standard BD disc. Just like I did for Unforgiven.

At my age, and present income, there's no 4k capability in my future.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #112
Power Member

Aug 2008

I'd recommend waiting for confirmation re. the BD packed with the Lionsgate release then though. Lionsgate (opposed to StudioCanal) tends to include the old BD and might do so here as well. (Which is exactly what I wanted with Halloween, but not in general.)
Thanks given by:
MikeZ. (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #113
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Gallatin, Tennessee

Quote:
I'd recommend waiting for confirmation re. the BD packed with the Lionsgate release then though. Lionsgate (opposed to StudioCanal) tends to include the old BD and might do so here as well. (Which is exactly what I wanted with Halloween, but not in general.)
Much appreciated. I'm in a non-spending pattern right now anyway, as my rent will be going up over $300 per month, and one of my cards is increasing their interest rate, and here I am, on a pension.
Waiting to see is easy for me.
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (06-07-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies