Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99
4 hrs ago
South Park: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
$33.59

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Space: 1999: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76

High School DxD Hero: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Venture Bros: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$20.97

Person of Interest: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$67.79

Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Castle Rock: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Last Ship: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old Today, 05:03 AM   #19681
Power Member

Feb 2008
socal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
My problems with The Long Night were:
  • The episode is excessively dark with respect to lighting.
  • Dothraki charging into the night was poor strategy and no rational commander would ever deliver that order in the dead of night with swords ablaze, even when facing a human army. May as well just paint targets on yourselves.
  • Everybody's "Let's go to the crypt to hide!" should have been something Jon Snow adamantly fought against given what happened in Hardhome.
  • Basically everything Jon and Daenerys did was silly and nearly pointless.
  • I wanted the White Walkers to fight again. Didn't get anything.
  • I wanted the Night King to fight. Didn't get anything.
  • I wanted some more answers about the Night King, White Walkers, Army of the Dead, the point, the purpose, the interactions with Children of the Forest....anything. What is behind all the Winter?
  • Bran warging was clearly pointless, because we see exactly zero of what he saw, we don't know what he planned, and we don't know much of anything about his interactions with the Night King.

My biggest gripe of all:
  • The "Kill the leader and the minions die/explode/disapparate" trope after Arya stabs the Night King. How utterly convenient for our heroes. I really wish that at least the White Walkers hadn't fallen victim to such a sudden and convenient end, assuming the army of the dead had to fall victim to it to ensure at least some of Winterfell lived.

Not on my list of gripes at all:
  • Arya's actions during The Long Night.
Finally someone who feels my pain.. It's crazy how 1 episode can ruin an epic series. Besides Arya taking out the Night King, the biggest Travesty was seeing slow mo shots of Brienne and Jaime being swarmed by Wigot Zombies yet they barely made it out with scratches on their face!! They didn't kill of any major characters and had Jon Snow play cat and mouse with a dead dragon..

We also saw no White Walkers fight! that's insane to think about. Game of Thrones episode 1 teases us with the White Walkers... They were the most intriguing bad guys in any show ever and the writers destroyed them with a little 95 pound girl assassin Disney style.

Let's not even talk about how all this hype of BRAN being the 3 eyed raven. The Night King is after him, he knows all these things.. Yet all we see is shots of him sitting in a wheelchair next to a tree with Theon. We basically find out nothing about Night Kings madness or the Army Of the Dead. The whole prophecy bullcrap about the Lord Of Light. Azor Ahai was supposed to be Jon and they chose Arya to be some little hero so people wouldn't expect it to be Jon. They even admitted that. lol such shit writing.
Old Today, 06:45 AM   #19682
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosHighDef View Post
Finally someone who feels my pain.. It's crazy how 1 episode can ruin an epic series. Besides Arya taking out the Night King, the biggest Travesty was seeing slow mo shots of Brienne and Jaime being swarmed by Wigot Zombies yet they barely made it out with scratches on their face!! They didn't kill of any major characters and had Jon Snow play cat and mouse with a dead dragon..

We also saw no White Walkers fight! that's insane to think about. Game of Thrones episode 1 teases us with the White Walkers... They were the most intriguing bad guys in any show ever and the writers destroyed them with a little 95 pound girl assassin Disney style.

Let's not even talk about how all this hype of BRAN being the 3 eyed raven. The Night King is after him, he knows all these things.. Yet all we see is shots of him sitting in a wheelchair next to a tree with Theon. We basically find out nothing about Night Kings madness or the Army Of the Dead. The whole prophecy bullcrap about the Lord Of Light. Azor Ahai was supposed to be Jon and they chose Arya to be some little hero so people wouldn't expect it to be Jon. They even admitted that. lol such shit writing.
You are not the first to make this mistake and I have to asked how many of you actually watch the show.

THREE main characters died in that episode along with three supporting characters.

Jon Snow being trapped by the dragon was great.

Arya is not "some little hero". Exactly who do you think are the main characters. Obviously though you have other issues as you keep moaning about the fact the big hero was a young girl.

There is nothing wrong a writer making the audience believe something is going to happen a certain way and then doing it a different way. And Arya was being set up for this moment since at least season three. How did you not see it coming?

If you think the White Walkers are the most "intriguing" villains on "any show ever" you must watch some really bad TV. There is no personality in them, there is no exploration of their back ground or purpose - they are just there to scary and look cool. I don't what you were expecting to happen in these last six episodes when all they did in the previous 60+ was look ominous.

Sure, the White Walkers actually fighting might have been good if they can do something special. Did they fight in any previous episode? I know Sam killed one but wasn't it by accident - I don't remember it being an actual fight.

Seems to me you built up a lot of expectations - that is never wise.

Also, before criticising other people's "shit writing", be sure your own is okay first - your grammar and such.
Old Today, 07:22 AM   #19683
Power Member

Feb 2008
socal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
You are not the first to make this mistake and I have to asked how many of you actually watch the show.

THREE main characters died in that episode along with three supporting characters.

Jon Snow being trapped by the dragon was great.

Arya is not "some little hero". Exactly who do you think are the main characters. Obviously though you have other issues as you keep moaning about the fact the big hero was a young girl.

There is nothing wrong a writer making the audience believe something is going to happen a certain way and then doing it a different way. And Arya was being set up for this moment since at least season three. How did you not see it coming?

If you think the White Walkers are the most "intriguing" villains on "any show ever" you must watch some really bad TV. There is no personality in them, there is no exploration of their back ground or purpose - they are just there to scary and look cool. I don't what you were expecting to happen in these last six episodes when all they did in the previous 60+ was look ominous.

Sure, the White Walkers actually fighting might have been good if they can do something special. Did they fight in any previous episode? I know Sam killed one but wasn't it by accident - I don't remember it being an actual fight.

Seems to me you built up a lot of expectations - that is never wise.

Also, before criticising other people's "shit writing", be sure your own is okay first - your grammar and such.
The Majority of fans thought the show ended on a really bad note.. Take a look around all over the internet and media. Don't criticize me for speaking the truth. They are saying this is one of the worst endings of any show of all time..

Go ahead and enjoy the glory of garbage writing.
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #19684
Special Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
The Majority of fans thought the show ended on a really bad note.. Take a look around all over the internet and media. Don't criticize me for speaking the truth. They are saying this is one of the worst endings of any show of all time..

Go ahead and enjoy the glory of garbage writing.
You do not have the data to claim whether the majority or minority of the fanbase enjoyed it or not. Everyone who watched the does not use the internet for the this kind of thing - or at all even. How can you claim you speak the "truth" when your first sentence is an actual lie.

I don't need to "look around all over" and it is irrelevant how many or how little did or did not enjoy it. I make up my own mind and you should to too. You didn't like it, that is fine, but you don't need to waffle that you are not alone.

I'm not criticising you for "speaking the truth" because you are not "speaking the truth". You giving your opinion, the same as I am and others here are. An opinion is a lot different to the truth. Don't exaggerate.
Thanks given by:
jvonl (Today)
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #19685
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:

Never has a more full of crap post been made on bluray.com. The trolling needs to stop already. As well as the creepy obsession with Arya being a 95 lb girl (which preceded this season). I think parents in your area should be concerned.

Last edited by Kevinicus; Today at 02:46 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows