Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39
12 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
21 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$17.99

One Missed Call Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.03

Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.83
10 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 11-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #601

Jun 2008
San Diego, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishParadise View Post
I never regret a purchase if the given item is available at a later date for less. No regrets at all. If I pull the trigger the juice was either worth the squeeze for me at the time or it wasn't. Tomorrow is promised to no one. I just commit and don't look back. Spent far more on Seasons 1-6 and Redemption when they were originally released on DVD than I did purchasing these Japan HDTV broadcasts on Blu-ray. And back in the day I was bringing in half the income I am now. Those who weren't around during the early years of the DVD format don't know how good they have it.

I agree 100 % what Amish said. I don't know how much I spent on the original DVD versions of season 1-6 and Redemption, but I do know is was way more than the $130.00 ish that I spent on the Japan versions of season 1-6 plus Redemption. As I recall, seasons 7 & 8 came out on blu ray in the USA the same time as dvd...though I could be wrong
Old 11-06-2019, 03:16 AM   #602
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Central Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari Fan View Post
I agree 100 % what Amish said. I don't know how much I spent on the original DVD versions of season 1-6 and Redemption, but I do know is was way more than the $130.00 ish that I spent on the Japan versions of season 1-6 plus Redemption. As I recall, seasons 7 & 8 came out on blu ray in the USA the same time as dvd...though I could be wrong
MSRP for Seasons 1-6 and Redemption when they first came out (2002-2008) on DVD was $416.86 according to what I show in DVD Profiler.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:59 PM   #603

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiorgioV View Post
Waiting for a price drop is always tricky. I didn't want to risk these sets to go out of print and got 1-6 plus Redemption about 1 and 1/2 year ago. Of course, when the price eventually dropped, I wasn't pleased about it. Now it's back up again, oh well...
Yeah, thatís why I would recommend someone to buy this set even at the current price. If they were to go out of print, thatís it. I jumped on Arrested Development season 1-3 BluRay from Germany for that very reason when it was a good price.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:59 AM   #604

Jan 2016
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHCubs View Post
Yeah, that’s why I would recommend someone to buy this set even at the current price. If they were to go out of print, that’s it. I jumped on Arrested Development season 1-3 BluRay from Germany for that very reason when it was a good price.
Exactly
This goes OOP? End of story.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:53 PM   #605

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiorgioV View Post
Exactly
This goes OOP? End of story.
These BluRayís have been amazing. Great PQ throughout.

I am almost done with Season 6 on my rewatch now and itís been a really solid season. I remember when I first watched it nearly 10 years ago that I wasnít a fan of S6 after watching Season 1-5 over the space of a couple of months (I got into ď24Ē when Season 7 was airing so I was a late starter). Itís been a very good season. My only criticism of the season would be that Jack Bauer doesnít know his own Brothers name.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:17 PM   #606

May 2015

This is what i am saying. 24 is better the second time around. And by this i mean watching
Blu-ray from 4K-TV. Everybody remembers the first season because it was such chock. Never seen on TV before.
But the seasons after the first one kind of goes out of your memory and now with better PQ and huge TVs compared at that times TVs every episode is like mini movie.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:57 PM   #607

Feb 2012

Quote:
My only criticism of the season would be that Jack Bauer doesnít know his own Brothers name.
????

I've got 2 episodes left in my season 6 rewatch myself, then all I've got left is Redemption. Can't finish this season soon enough. It really does suck.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:22 AM   #608

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
????

I've got 2 episodes left in my season 6 rewatch myself, then all I've got left is Redemption. Can't finish this season soon enough. It really does suck.
Jack called his brother Gray multiple times, as well as Graem. Not sure if Gray was a code name for that character or an inside joke on the set but it was a bit odd.

Last edited by JHCubs; 11-10-2019 at 04:38 AM.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:49 AM   #609

Feb 2012

Quote:
Jack called his brother Gray multiple times, as well as Graem. Not sure if Gray was a code name for that character or an inside joke on the set but it was a bit odd.
That's a nickname...
Old 11-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #610

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
That's a nickname...
Well, that makes sense.

I have 6 episodes to go in Season 7 now. I have enjoyed this season thoroughly. The series has been solid as a whole.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #611

Feb 2012

I just finished season 6 last night. The most rewarding part of suffering through a rewatch of this season every time i do it is when you finally reach the end and you get to reward yourself with 15-20 minutes of fantastic television. God, the ending to season 6 is just brilliant.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:25 AM   #612

Feb 2017

Just started Season 8. I can’t help but feel uneasy that Kim’s daughter somehow reminds Kim of her father.

That can’t be a good thing, lol.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:24 AM   #613

Nov 2009

I don't think "24" will be released on blu as Fox is now owned by Disney, I suppose they Keep it now for their Streaming + Service exclusive
Old 11-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #614

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissangel4616 View Post
I don't think "24" will be released on blu as Fox is now owned by Disney, I suppose they Keep it now for their Streaming + Service exclusive
Yeah, I don't think it'll ever see a US release. Oh well, at least we have the Japanese ones.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #615

Feb 2017

I finished up the LAD finale earlier. I don’t think there is a TV series quite like what “24” produced. Rewatching the entire series in the space of 2-3 months really shows the change in Jack Bauer from the pilot episode right up until the LAD finale. What a wild ride the entire series is.

Although we all would like another season, I actually see LAD in another light now than I did when it first aired. It feels as close to a series finale as we can get without either killing Jack or having a ‘happily ever after’ type of ending.
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (11-14-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #616
Special Member

Feb 2011

so disney now owning fox is holding this up ?

wernt they ment to come out in other regions ...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists