Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79

Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$187.86
1 hr ago
Kick-Ass 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$21.80
5 hrs ago
Suspiria (Blu-ray)
$69.99
3 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 11-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #81

Dec 2018

Black Cauldron is live in 4K. I wrote a detailed report in the Sword in the Stone page—Disney actually rescanned Sword in 4K without DNR and grain intact!

Rumors have been spreading about a Black Cauldron UHD Blu-ray release since before the news got out about D+ maybe something is in the works!

Unreleased films on D+ are as follows:
4K Dolby Vision: Beauty and the Beast, Sword, and Black Cauldron
HD: Melody Time

Make Mine Music is missing but was confirmed by Disney sources before release. Maybe coming in wave 2. Also a lot of shorts in HD (def not all but more than expected with some rare-ish ones)

Check out the Sword in the Stone Blu-ray forum for a detailed report I just typed up

Fingers crossed for a Disc release soon!
Thanks given by:
WaltWiz1901 (11-13-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #82
Blu-ray Knight

May 2018

So this has grain on d+ or just "better" DNR
Old 11-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #83
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJake133 View Post
Black Cauldron is live in 4K. I wrote a detailed report in the Sword in the Stone page—Disney actually rescanned Sword in 4K without DNR and grain intact!

Rumors have been spreading about a Black Cauldron UHD Blu-ray release since before the news got out about D+ maybe something is in the works!

Unreleased films on D+ are as follows:
4K Dolby Vision: Beauty and the Beast, Sword, and Black Cauldron
HD: Melody Time

Make Mine Music is missing but was confirmed by Disney sources before release. Maybe coming in wave 2. Also a lot of shorts in HD (def not all but more than expected with some rare-ish ones)

Check out the Sword in the Stone Blu-ray forum for a detailed report I just typed up

Fingers crossed for a Disc release soon!
I'm exceptionally hyped for the possibility of 4K releases of Black Cauldron and Sword in the Stone (hopefully with new Blu-ray pressings for Sword in the Stone). The Blu-ray release for Sword in the Stone was so dreadful that I still refuse to buy it on principle.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:00 AM   #84

Dec 2018

Yes, grain is intact, no DNR visible. Looks very faithful to an actual print. Original AR is intact too.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:02 AM   #85

Oct 2018
Norwich, Norfolk, UK

Friend of mine took some screenshots of the Disney+ transfer, and I have to say it looks absolutely stunning even through digital. I can not imagine just how amazing it will look on proper physical 4K. The grain, the colours, the even greater highlighted late edits (i.e: the Horned King in the last shot) all look simply phenomenal.

Last edited by ZeeCobra; 11-13-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Thanks given by:
emw107 (11-16-2019), Havenbull (11-13-2019), Kedrix (11-13-2019), WaltWiz1901 (11-13-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #86

Feb 2008
Maryland

Agreed. Watched 30 minutes last night and it looked fantastic. Flood of memories on this movie. I saw this in the theater.

I even played the Sierra On-Line game repeatedly on my Tandy 1000 throughout the late 80's. It was near unbeatable IMO.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:12 AM   #87

Oct 2011
-
-

As soon as D+ hit my 10 year old son insisted we watch The Black Cauldron. I've taught him well. It looks pretty darn good streaming... one can only hope we get a physical disc out of all of this. And hopefully it's not a Disney Movie Club exclusive ... here's hoping!
Thanks given by:
miller_time22 (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 02:14 PM   #88
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
Oh, certainly. I understand the why ($$$$), I just don't appreciate the approach. I feel like Disney's acquisition of (most of) Fox was also anti-competitive and monopolistic, given their pre-acquisition stance in the media industry (entirely on top by a large margin).

I vastly prefer aggregators such as Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu over individual content makers such as Disney or even HBO offering their own services individually. I recognize that some of these aggregators make their own content, however that's partially due to the aggravation of content licensing in general (content creators don't license their content reasonably, generally).

In any case, my stance is that this fracturing is unhealthy for the media industry in general, and will contribute to customer dissatisfaction and, eventually, customers seeking content through shadier means. Customers were smart enough to "cut the cord" on cable TV before. The same thing can happen to streaming services.
Customers were already dissatisfied with big bundle prices, which led to cord cutting. Now there is a la carte on the menu. Pick what you like. This probably appeals to a larger customer base and will only continue to grow.
It’s just the next evolution. Don’t see it has unhealthy. Media and streaming have and can continue to coexist. Vinyl is still being sold. I would imagine that would go extinct long before home video.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists