Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
11 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.99
23 min ago
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$17.99

One Missed Call Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.03
15 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 09-20-2019, 09:15 PM   #621
Special Member

Jan 2013

He's a pretty normal guy, huge beard, into things like wrestling etc... his family was kind of really religious for a while which could explain his never having a g/f until such a late point in life. I think for her, having been in a couple failed marriages, he provides a security that he will never cheat on her

I know looking back I let a lot of opportunities slip through my grasp when younger, I still am a shy person at heart, a former coworker from years back even told me I couldve had her years back. Many times I held back having been in relationships at the time, kinda fun to think what if. But overall no regrets, have enough notches on my bedpost that I might be a little embarrassed letting my wife know lol...
Thanks given by:
civiclx (09-20-2019)
Old 09-21-2019, 04:27 AM   #622
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

I would have thought it was being into the wrestling that kept him from getting a gf That is cool though. I'm really insecure as it is so if I were a virgin in my late 30's, oh man. The thing that would be on my mind the most I think is that a woman would have to be thinking, "I know I'm not the first woman this guy has wanted to sleep with, but I'm going to be the first one..." I'm glad your friend found someone though. Was there ever a time where he just assumed that he would be single for his whole life or did he always believe that he would meet the right girl?

Also, for those of you in a relationship, how was the timing of your dates? Like after the first date, when did you see the girl again and so on?
Old 09-21-2019, 12:31 PM   #623
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
I would have thought it was being into the wrestling that kept him from getting a gf That is cool though. I'm really insecure as it is so if I were a virgin in my late 30's, oh man.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:16 AM   #624
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Well it isn't as if you've gotta tell the girl that you're a virgin...
Old 09-22-2019, 02:21 AM   #625
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Well it isn't as if you've gotta tell the girl that you're a virgin...
I think she'd figure it out pretty quick.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-22-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #626
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
I would have thought it was being into the wrestling that kept him from getting a gf That is cool though. I'm really insecure as it is so if I were a virgin in my late 30's, oh man. The thing that would be on my mind the most I think is that a woman would have to be thinking, "I know I'm not the first woman this guy has wanted to sleep with, but I'm going to be the first one..." I'm glad your friend found someone though. Was there ever a time where he just assumed that he would be single for his whole life or did he always believe that he would meet the right girl?

Also, for those of you in a relationship, how was the timing of your dates? Like after the first date, when did you see the girl again and so on?
Well it helped that the two of them had been aquatinted in high school, and that her place of employment needed a driver to deliver goods, he replied and they got to know one another once again, many years later. Iím assuming he thought he would be single his whole life, tough to go from no g/f your entire life to finding someone.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #627
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
I think she'd figure it out pretty quick.
You just need to find a sex therapist like in the movie The Sessions... my first couple experiences I was horrible and I didnít try again for years, just took one morning with an ex where I gave a more experienced partner more orgasms than sheíd ever had in a sex session. Kinda gave me confidence back in college, I ended up dating a trio of gals that were friends, the fact that they always talked about things helped my cause.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #628
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Shrewsbury, MA

It seems when I get matches on dating apps I get a bunch all at once. Then I'll go periods where I get no matches at all. Some conversations go no where, some women unmatch me, or we just stop communicating for some reason or another.

It's tough out there.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:15 PM   #629
Special Member

May 2013
upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
It seems when I get matches on dating apps I get a bunch all at once. Then I'll go periods where I get no matches at all. Some conversations go no where, some women unmatch me, or we just stop communicating for some reason or another.

It's tough out there.
just like dating in the real world. i've had luck on Match.com. you pay for it so you know that most on it are more serious about dating. granted i'm older than most on this site but if a fossil like me can hook up with a decent woman i'm sure you younger guys can as well.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 08:55 PM   #630
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:

Iím a virgin my early 30s; itís....well, pretty emasculating, if Iím honest, and girls all went through the awkward fumbling when they were teenagers, if Iím honest, I am worried itíd scare some people away.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #631
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010

Well you don't lead with that. Also, personally I don't think it's as big as a taboo as it was say years ago.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:46 AM   #632
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
Iím a virgin my early 30s; itís....well, pretty emasculating, if Iím honest, and girls all went through the awkward fumbling when they were teenagers, if Iím honest, I am worried itíd scare some people away.
Hopefully you can meet a nice girl who will be honored to take it. I think it can work in a guy's favor if he's decent looking and normal. A girl might be proud to be a guy's first.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-12-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 05:49 PM   #633
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010

Interesting read about a reedit group that helps virgins find each other.

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/...inity-exchange
Old 10-17-2019, 07:31 PM   #634
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Interesting read about a reedit group that helps virgins find each other.

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/...inity-exchange
I can imagine the men outnumbering females by a large large margin
Thanks given by:
philzilla (10-18-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #635
Special Member

Aug 2007
Taos, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
My wife has always playfully made fun of me for being a wrestling fan.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:39 PM   #636
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman73 View Post
I can imagine the men outnumbering females by a large large margin
Maybe. The 2 "success" stories may be outliers and not the norm. But, this might be for a certain niche of people out there.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat