Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection (iTunes)
$49.99
2 hrs ago
Middle-Earth Extended Editions 6-Film Collection (iTunes)
$39.99
8 hrs ago
Harry Potter Complete Collection (iTunes)
$49.99
8 hrs ago
Superman Batman 11 Film Set (iTunes)
$39.99
7 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (iTunes)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Solo: A Star Wars Story (iTunes)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (iTunes)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
DC Justice League 10-Film Collection (iTunes)
$39.99
8 hrs ago
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (iTunes)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
King Kong (iTunes)
$4.99
2 hrs ago
The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 10-23-2019, 04:13 AM   #61
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

Do you have an SD card in your Roku? The AppleTV app doesn't work well with an SD card for sign-ins. It's a bug. After you're actually signed in, you can re-insert the SD card.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #62

Jul 2009

I don't have an SD card. From what I could tell from Google, people had the same issue with the actual Apple TV hardware. My understanding is that you can't use either the hardware or the app unless you log into your Apple account from iTunes at some point.

Unless someone here was able to do it successfully and there's something I'm missing?
Old 10-25-2019, 08:07 AM   #63
Power Member

Nov 2010
N. Texas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
App refuses to let me sign on the Roku Ultra (2018) and Roku 3.

When I click on the "Sign In On Mobile" button, I immediately get this error:

Verification Failed
There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again.

I get the same error for "Create Apple ID" button (not that I need to do that, but I thought I'd try it).

Signing in directly doesn't work either, as it hangs on the "Signing in..." screen and never actually signs in.

Resetting and removing the app doesn't work. Restarting the Roku doesn't work.

I realize glitches are to be expected during the first day/week, but it's still frustrating!
Quote:
I was finally able to sign in (if you have an SD card in your Roku, take it out, sign in, and put it back in after - this app doesn't play nicely with it for some reason).

Anyone else have the "cover art" for their movies showing up in a foreign language? Not all of them or even most of them, but a few of them. Weird.

Two off the top of my head are Incarnate and Max Keeble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by storms View Post
Mine was also stuck in the Signing In phase. I got mine to work by deliberately logging in with invalid credentials so it returned an invalid login/password message. I was then able to login successfully with the right credentials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Unfortunately this solution didn't work for me nor does a full restart. Sign In On Mobile Device says Verification Failed and Sign In On This TV just says Signing In... with a spinning circle no matter how long I wait for it to complete the sign in. If anyone has any other ideas I'm game to try. Using a Roku 3 (4200X).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
I'm so confused by this app on the Roku. I thought I could install it and take advantage of the nice 4K iTunes sales I always see at the top of the page, but it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

I installed it, but couldn't just create an account directly through the Roku app. It gave me a code I could use on activate.apple.com, but that site just says "There was an error. Please try later" even before I can try entering my information for a new account.

So I went to a computer and was able to create a new Apple account from scratch, which I then tried to activate with the Roku app. But that only gave me vague errors about needing an iTunes account (even though I thought that was what I was creating). Eventually I tried typing in my password directly into the Roku Apple app, and that gave me a slightly more useful error message, saying that the Apple account I created wasn't enough, I also needed to create a iTunes Store account, which is apparently a separate thing.

The crazy thing is there's no way to do that on the web, as far as I can see. I would have to download and install the iTunes application on my desktop computer, log in to the Apple ID I created earlier from that, and it would somehow mark my account as allowed to use the Roku app?

This is the most convoluted thing I've ever seen, and now after fighting with it for 30 minutes, I'm not especially motivated to install additional software on my desktop computer just to be able to give them my money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
I don't have an SD card. From what I could tell from Google, people had the same issue with the actual Apple TV hardware. My understanding is that you can't use either the hardware or the app unless you log into your Apple account from iTunes at some point.

Unless someone here was able to do it successfully and there's something I'm missing?
I finally got Signed In through my Ultra!!

I had been trying to sign in to the Apple TV channel that I added to my Roku Ultra for several days without success. After entering my Apple ID and Password, the progress circle would spin for minutes and never complete the sign in.

But, I was able to successfully sign in today. And with my Micro SD Card in. Who knows what went right?? Before I signed in, I downloaded the iTunes for PC to my Windows 8.1 Laptop. It had been a long while since I had been to the iTunes Store, where I could see the movies I had previously linked to iTunes, showing up. I found a code that I had not yet used, and redeemed it to my iTunes account. I had to agree to the new Terms and Conditions for Apple Media Services before it completed the redemption.
After that, I also went to my Movies Anywhere account, and linked my Apple TV account to it.

Then I tried to sign in to my Apple TV channel on Roku, and, it worked. Once the statues circle started spinning, I was logged in in under 30 seconds.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #64

Jan 2018

So I know its been said a few times but here is my issue.

My Hisense Roku TV is giving me the "Verification Failed
There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again." Error

However, My Roku streaming stick I have in another room let me sign in just fine. Any ideas?
Old 10-25-2019, 09:12 PM   #65
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidercolt View Post
So I know its been said a few times but here is my issue.

My Hisense Roku TV is giving me the "Verification Failed
There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again." Error

However, My Roku streaming stick I have in another room let me sign in just fine. Any ideas?
Does your Roku TV have an external drive attached to it? (I assume the SD card issue wouldn't apply to your TV.)
Old 10-25-2019, 09:30 PM   #66

Jan 2018

Quote:
Does your Roku TV have an external drive attached to it? (I assume the SD card issue wouldn't apply to your TV.)
Not at the moment. Unless its maybe the HDMI inputs?
Old 10-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #67
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Not at the moment. Unless its maybe the HDMI inputs?
You wouldn't think that would affect anything, but who knows.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #68

Jan 2018

Quote:
You wouldn't think that would affect anything, but who knows.
I am kinda out of ideas of what it might be at this point lol.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:50 PM   #69
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
I am kinda out of ideas of what it might be at this point lol.
All I know is this app needs to be patched because these issues are ridiculous and avoidable, and give us iTunes Extras while they're at it!
Old 10-26-2019, 08:43 AM   #70
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

The app is so slow for me, on my Roku TV. Just wished Vudu could get the one series I own on iTunes and I could be done with the app. Seems iTunes and Amazon both have said series, but not Vudu.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #71
Expert Member

Sep 2012

The tv section takes a little time to load but other then that the app works pretty good for me, better then Amazon. I wish Vudu would try harder but I've given up waiting on them to get the titles others have or make their SD titles available in HD/UHD like they are at other retailers, not to mention they have no family sharing system anymore. The Apple app definitely opens things up for me and it's still new so hopefully they'll fix the problems people are having with it.
Thanks given by:
Me-Hostage (10-26-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 04:05 AM   #72
Power Member

Nov 2009
Over There

According to CNet, "... no other current devices that support Dolby Vision and Atmos -- including Roku TVs like the TCL 6-Series, certain Amazon Fire TV Edition sets from Toshiba and the 2019 Amazon Fire TV Cube and the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K -- will stream content, including iTunes movies, in those formats via the Apple TV app."

To watch DV and Atmos-enabled movies on your Apple TV app, you have to watch it on your Apple TV 4k (or similar Apple) device.

https://www.cnet.com/news/apples-tv-...every-feature/

So, no bonus features and no DV and Atmos on the Apple TV app on my Roku.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:01 AM   #73
Special Member

Oct 2008

Anybody else having huge issues with image quality?

I stream 4K on Movies Anywhere and Vudu all the time with no issues, but almost every single video on the Apple TV app has weird image issues.

There are multiple times when the frame freezes briefly (at least a second); the second or third episode of Dickinson was impossible to watch because more than half of the episode was affected by what I would describe as dragging (the frame freezes in parts, but others keep moving, so it creates a creepy dragging effect.)

The quality jumps from SD to HD to UHD creates additional blips, it just super buggy and feels more like a generic rip-off than an Apple product. Super bummed.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #74

Feb 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelPrince1986 View Post
Anybody else having huge issues with image quality?

I stream 4K on Movies Anywhere and Vudu all the time with no issues, but almost every single video on the Apple TV app has weird image issues.

There are multiple times when the frame freezes briefly (at least a second); the second or third episode of Dickinson was impossible to watch because more than half of the episode was affected by what I would describe as dragging (the frame freezes in parts, but others keep moving, so it creates a creepy dragging effect.)

The quality jumps from SD to HD to UHD creates additional blips, it just super buggy and feels more like a generic rip-off than an Apple product. Super bummed.
Same issues for me, 4K is unwatchable.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:40 PM   #75

Dec 2016
Default What video format?

So I loaded the Apple TV app on my Roku ultra and have a Samsung 4k TV. How do you guys know what format is even playing. I don't see it displayed anywhere. From reading through this post it sounds like it should support 4k but is there someplace that shows that?

If it truly supports 4k HDR10 I think I'll have to upgrade the Roku 4 to an Ultra on Black Friday
Old 11-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #76

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpete View Post
So I loaded the Apple TV app on my Roku ultra and have a Samsung 4k TV. How do you guys know what format is even playing. I don't see it displayed anywhere. From reading through this post it sounds like it should support 4k but is there someplace that shows that?

If it truly supports 4k HDR10 I think I'll have to upgrade the Roku 4 to an Ultra on Black Friday
During playback if you press the back button if you have one it should bring up a popup that gives the option to play from the beginning but also shows if itís playing back in 4K.
Thanks given by:
gpete (11-14-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 03:14 PM   #77

Jan 2016
Detroit

Most of my digital content is in VUDU since I don't own an Apple TV unit. But iTunes has had some great TV deals the past few years, so I have purchased a number of complete TV series that I was excited to watch on my living room screen once this app was released for Roku.

Unfortunately, when I navigate to the TV Shows section of my library in the Roku app, it doesn't show all of my content. It only displays one show - Batman (1966) - which I think is the first show alphabetically, lol. Is anyone else having this problem?

All of my movies appear without issues in my library under Movies. And I'm able to find my TV shows by searching, I'm just not able to browse my library of shows. Strangely, I noticed that recently purchased TV shows also don't show in the "Recently Purchased" section of my library. Any suggestions?
Old 11-29-2019, 03:52 AM   #78

Oct 2019
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASHLANDING View Post
Most of my digital content is in VUDU since I don't own an Apple TV unit. But iTunes has had some great TV deals the past few years, so I have purchased a number of complete TV series that I was excited to watch on my living room screen once this app was released for Roku.

Unfortunately, when I navigate to the TV Shows section of my library in the Roku app, it doesn't show all of my content. It only displays one show - Batman (1966) - which I think is the first show alphabetically, lol. Is anyone else having this problem?

All of my movies appear without issues in my library under Movies. And I'm able to find my TV shows by searching, I'm just not able to browse my library of shows. Strangely, I noticed that recently purchased TV shows also don't show in the "Recently Purchased" section of my library. Any suggestions?
It appears a bug in the roku app. I get the same with tv shows appearing amongst the movie genres and just the first alphabetical show showing under tv. 2 other shows appear for a split second before disappearing when clicking on the tv shows section.
Thanks given by:
CRASHLANDING (11-29-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes