Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Blade of the Immortal (Blu-ray)
$48.49
1 day ago
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$39.96

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Blood Shadow (Blu-ray)
$13.47

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna (Blu-ray)
$12.96
1 hr ago
Akira 4K (Blu-ray)
$37.99

InuYasha: Set 4 (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Weathering with You 4K (Blu-ray)
$58.51

Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray)
$29.51

Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

High School DxD: The Series (Blu-ray)
$35.87
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old Today, 08:23 AM   #22661

Dec 2018
CA

Nearly everything from the holidays sales was delivered these past few weeks. Its been busy irl so I'm pretty much posting everything in one go. Just waiting on a few preorders as well as a few out of stock Aniplex titles from RS then I'm pretty much done till summer (I hope). Maybe a buy here and there if the price is right.

- Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 1 Limited Edition
- Spirited Away Steelbook
- Castle in the Sky Steelbook

As usual, the Ghibli steelbooks came in with damage. Not as obvious in pictures but in person its this glaring white line/scratch that goes all across the front of both steels. This is for sure the last time I order a steelbook from RS. At least with Amazon I can get a new one if it comes in damaged. It may just be the Ghibli steels, since those are the only ones I've ordered from RS, but nearly each and every one of them that I've received has had some kind of minor damage. At this point its more of a what kind of minor damage is tolerable.

Steelbooks pics
[Show spoiler]

The Fruits Basket LE is really nice. I was initially going to wait for the complete seasons sets but the collectable box persuaded me.
[Show spoiler]

From AllTheAnime, the second half of my christmas order. Just waiting on Kill La Kill and Violet Evergarden now.

- Rage of Bahumat Collector's Edition
- Code Geass II: Transgression Collector's Edition
- HAL Collector's Edition
- Rokka DVD
- Full Metal Panic!
- Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
- Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Collector's Edition

Nearly everything heres a blind buy. I know I owned the old Funimation Full Metal Panic LE a long time ago but I'm pretty sure I've never watched it. Sold that one a few years back so it'll be nice to actually watch what was on my shelf for so many years. I also didn't want to miss out on the FMP S4 CE w the audio drama disc so heres hoping I like the series haha. And amazingly enough, the sides of the case tells you which ones is Season 1, 2, etc. No need to go online to search with the confusing naming scheme.

Also, one odd thing. Rokka Blu-ray isn't available on the AllTheAnime site but is available on Amazon uk . I really don't like the show that much so DVD is fine with me.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory CE
[Show spoiler]

HAL CE
[Show spoiler]

Code Geass II: Transgression CE
[Show spoiler]

Rage of Bahumat CE
[Show spoiler]

Amazon as well as the last of my Sentai orders. I've seen Goblin Slayer before so this is going straight on the shelf. I haven't seen the others yet though. The sequel S3 and movies are out for both Log Horizon and Made in Abyss so its a good time to start these.

- Goblin Slayer Limited Edition
- Log Horizon Complete Collection
- Made in Abyss
- No Game No Life: Zero

Goblin Slayer LE
[Show spoiler]

These are from the Anime-On-Line New Years Sale.
- Full Metal Alchemist Collector's Edition Part 1
- Full Metal Alchemist Collector's Edition Part 2
- Silver Spoon Collector's Edition Part 1
- Silver Spoon Collector's Edition Part 1

I got the FMA: Brotherhood Aniplex sets a few weeks back so it's good to keep going with these CE sets. I find that watching the beginning of the original FMA series and then going into FMA: Brother was the best way to get the full experience imo since in Brotherhood the beginning was pretty much skimmed through. I'm pretty sure the creators thought the viewers had already watched the original series that had released a few years prior to Brotherhood. Either way I actually haven't seen any of the original stuff in the first FMA series so heres to finally getting back to it 10 years later and maybe finally understanding all the changes that happened in the Conqueror of Shambala movie because was and still am pretty confused. That's what I get for watching a sequel movie without finishes the series.

Might as well pick up Silver Spoon as well since it's by the same author and the series wasn't released on blu-ray in the US. Never seen it but I've heard good things.

Full Metal Alchemist CE Parts 1 & 2
[Show spoiler]

Silver Spoon CE Parts 1&2
[Show spoiler]

And I also got another RS order just today. It contains nearly everything else I ordered during the sale I think. Got to double check that.

- Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 1
- Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 2
- The Devil is a Part Timer Anime Classic
- 5 Centimeters Per Second
- Rosario+Vampire Essentials
- Heavy Object Essentials
- Eden of the East: The King of Eden
- Eden of the East: Paradise Lost
- Hyouka Essentials
- Tsuredure Children Essentials

The size difference from my copy of Eden of the East series to both the movies is .
[Show spoiler]

This is actually the second time I bought 5 Centimeters Per Second. I bought a copy during the summer sale 2019 and never opened it till I saw it in the 2020 holiday sales and thought that I should really get around to it. I opened it and it's got ?disc rot? I believe. It won't play on any of my BD players and theres brown marks on the edge of the disc. I'm not too sure why or how this happened but I really hope this new copy plays. I haven't opened it but . If its got the same problem then I guess I'm just not destined to ever watch this movie.
Thanks given by:
BigOnAnime (Today)
Old Today, 08:42 AM   #22662
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

The only release of Eden of the East that matches with the movies is the 2011 combo pack which came in a DVD-sized case. Would be nice if FUNi could finally bundle the movies together in a Blu-ray case or something so there's less shelves that are screwed.
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Eden-...Blu-ray/31128/
Old Today, 08:48 AM   #22663
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

They did bundle everything in one set which is nice. Sadly it's not a blu-ray case just a crappy digipak. Still prefer that to DVD cases though.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Eden-...lu-ray/147073/
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime