Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The War of the Worlds 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
Mr. Wong Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
15 hrs ago
Stone Cold (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Avatar: The Way of Water 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.49
15 hrs ago
The Great Train Robbery (Blu-ray)
$12.49
15 hrs ago
Enter the Video Store: Empire of Screams (Blu-ray)
$70.59
1 day ago
A Douglas Fairbanks Double Feature: Robin Hood / The Black Pirate (Blu-ray)
$17.99
15 hrs ago
Hackers 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Shazam! Fury of the Gods 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.74
50 min ago
The Transformers: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
5 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
The Bridges at Toko-Ri (Blu-ray)
$12.49
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2021, 02:36 AM   #241
TheBoss062 TheBoss062 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheBoss062's Avatar
 
Dec 2016
Florida
292
1947
451
147
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Probably get a damaged one at that as well. It took that long for me to get my box set of Quantum Leap and when I got it the corners of the slipbox were smashed in. No chance of getting a replacement as it isn't in stock, well at the time it wasn't.
Thereís a serious quality control issue at Amazon right now, as Iíve had damaged parcels come in several times. I ordered a Funko pop two months back for example and the box was completely smashed upon removing the shipper.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:49 AM   #242
joonskeezle joonskeezle is offline
Special Member
 
joonskeezle's Avatar
 
Mar 2019
New England
13
2702
13
535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss062 View Post
Thereís a serious quality control issue at Amazon right now, as Iíve had damaged parcels come in several times. I ordered a Funko pop two months back for example and the box was completely smashed upon removing the shipper.

"Right now"? Their quality control has been dogshit for at least a decade. It's gotten worse, of course, to the point where it feels like the warehouse workers are aggressively hostile towards the stuff they handle and package. But they've always been bad.

I would order books (back when I read physical books; i switched to ebooks over a decade ago) and they would arrive with their covers literally half torn off. One book had pen scrawl all over the front. At best, corners smashed and covers bent in half.

There was a time when they packaged stuff carefully. In actual boxes, with stuff held in place with plastic wrap or something, etc. Then they got rid of the plastic and just started chucking stuff in boxes so that it would bounce around during shipping; then they got rid of the boxes themselves and they will now ship virtually everything in the flimsiest, faintly bubbled envelopes possible.

And it's all because they can AFFORD to. They know damn well they're treating these products with disdain. If they could ship stuff out without even that laughable minimum of "protection" they would. (And I think we're headed there. Somehow Amazon will figure out a way to just slap an address sticker on a dvd or a book and shove it out the door.) They know damn well they're purposely sending people damaged or destroyed items. All that is written into the costs. It's cheaper for them to manically shove as much out the door as possible in whatever haphazard container will hold an address label, and write off whatever gets wrecked in the process, than it is to actually use a shred of care.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Leeon0 (06-20-2021), TheBoss062 (06-19-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 05:50 PM   #243
darkxangel55 darkxangel55 is offline
Member
 
Dec 2018
London, Ontario, Canada
152
812
58
271
Post

Is this going OOP? I noticed the price of it has gone way up. Use too be priced at $39.99 CAD on amazon and now itís close to $60?Also itís not listed on Amazon USA for $35.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:46 PM   #244
meremortal meremortal is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
meremortal's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Bedford Falls
255
Default

Said it several times, but late 80s to mid 90s erotic thrillers are probably among the more neglected niches of blu. I'm surprised no one's really made an effort to jump on board for those of them coming from 35mm sources. People seem to forget just how prevalent these types of movies were in the late night tv rotation for years. For every higher profile film like Basic Instinct there were a countless number of movies pretty much made exclusively for the postmidnight premium channel blocks and vhs rental market.

Last edited by meremortal; 06-20-2021 at 08:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JoelGoodsen (06-22-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 09:54 PM   #245
Leeon0 Leeon0 is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonskeezle View Post
"Right now"? Their quality control has been dogshit for at least a decade. It's gotten worse, of course, to the point where it feels like the warehouse workers are aggressively hostile towards the stuff they handle and package. But they've always been bad.

I would order books (back when I read physical books; i switched to ebooks over a decade ago) and they would arrive with their covers literally half torn off. One book had pen scrawl all over the front. At best, corners smashed and covers bent in half.

There was a time when they packaged stuff carefully. In actual boxes, with stuff held in place with plastic wrap or something, etc. Then they got rid of the plastic and just started chucking stuff in boxes so that it would bounce around during shipping; then they got rid of the boxes themselves and they will now ship virtually everything in the flimsiest, faintly bubbled envelopes possible.

And it's all because they can AFFORD to. They know damn well they're treating these products with disdain. If they could ship stuff out without even that laughable minimum of "protection" they would. (And I think we're headed there. Somehow Amazon will figure out a way to just slap an address sticker on a dvd or a book and shove it out the door.) They know damn well they're purposely sending people damaged or destroyed items. All that is written into the costs. It's cheaper for them to manically shove as much out the door as possible in whatever haphazard container will hold an address label, and write off whatever gets wrecked in the process, than it is to actually use a shred of care.
They've been doing that with other items for years. They sent me a fan a while back in its original box, which had black skid marks on it and dents & creases galore. Miraculously, the fan worked!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:45 PM   #246
TheBoss062 TheBoss062 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheBoss062's Avatar
 
Dec 2016
Florida
292
1947
451
147
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeon0 View Post
They've been doing that with other items for years. They sent me a fan a while back in its original box, which had black skid marks on it and dents & creases galore. Miraculously, the fan worked!
The same thing happened once before with a sewing machine. It still worked, but it came with a smashed box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:45 AM   #247
WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
512
1953
263
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxangel55 View Post
Is this going OOP? I noticed the price of it has gone way up. Use too be priced at $39.99 CAD on amazon and now itís close to $60?Also itís not listed on Amazon USA for $35.
I guess it sold out fast at the $31 price. Sometimes when stuff sells out and then they get a ton more orders even at the "ships in 1-2 months" notice they pull the listing. Often it eventually comes back.... unless it does really go OOP.

Anyway, I already got my copy from the $31 sale a couple of days ago (I guess it went to the "ships in 1-2 months" thing a bit after I ordered mine.).
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:53 AM   #248
Tone blare Tone blare is offline
Special Member
 
Tone blare's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
118
1191
1
13
120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Said it several times, but late 80s to mid 90s erotic thrillers are probably among the more neglected niches of blu. I'm surprised no one's really made an effort to jump on board for those of them coming from 35mm sources. People seem to forget just how prevalent these types of movies were in the late night tv rotation for years. For every higher profile film like Basic Instinct there were a countless number of movies pretty much made exclusively for the postmidnight premium channel blocks and vhs rental market.

I agree 100 percent with all of this. Bravo 👏
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 05:15 AM   #249
BluPat BluPat is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
BluPat's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Texas
165
1271
80
2
Default

Just watched the first movie in the Blu-ray set. Yea the PQ could've been a LOT better but it is what it is.
But what about that GORGEOUS music score from David Michael Frank? Absolutely beautiful and pulls you into the emotions of the scenes. I've loved it ever since I first watched Poison Ivy on VHS. It's a shame it's never been released at all outside of a "wrap party" back in 1992.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:00 PM   #250
MuffySimba MuffySimba is offline
Senior Member
 
MuffySimba's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
Illinois
1
723
492
Default

Definitely some of my favorite guilty pleasure films. I remember the first one airing on cable a lot. Back when Drew Barrymore was appearing in all of these trashy movies. I don't see this getting a better release, so I'm going to just go ahead and purchase this set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 02:40 AM   #251
TheBoss062 TheBoss062 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheBoss062's Avatar
 
Dec 2016
Florida
292
1947
451
147
46
Default

It’s on sale now at Amazon for only $31. That’s not bad.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
meremortal (02-05-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 08:02 PM   #252
Lord Summerisle Lord Summerisle is offline
Active Member
 
Lord Summerisle's Avatar
 
May 2014
6
999
1293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Said it several times, but late 80s to mid 90s erotic thrillers are probably among the more neglected niches of blu. I'm surprised no one's really made an effort to jump on board for those of them coming from 35mm sources. People seem to forget just how prevalent these types of movies were in the late night tv rotation for years. For every higher profile film like Basic Instinct there were a countless number of movies pretty much made exclusively for the postmidnight premium channel blocks and vhs rental market.
I'm eagerly awaiting an Animal Instincts collection.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
meremortal (02-05-2023)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 AM.