Best SteelBook Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Wolf of Wall Street 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Cliffhanger 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
 
Dragonslayer 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
15 hrs ago
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.89
 
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.75
 
Kubo and the Two Strings 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.08
 
The Tax Collector 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99
12 hrs ago
The Fast and the Furious 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
 
Bullet Train 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.00
1 day ago
The Boxtrolls 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.06
 
V/H/S/99 (Blu-ray)
$20.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Sirjump Sirjump is offline
Active Member
 
Sirjump's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Norway
14
50
447
4
Lightbulb Top 25/50 rare steelbook list?

Does anyone know if there is a list of ie. top 25 or top 50 rare steelbooks (or limited editions)? Perhaps ranged by items printed or general rarity... Would this be too subjective or has someone tried to come up with something?

And would you rather separate the releases by country, by region or by other criteria?

Top 20 suggestions taken from replies in thread (not necessarily in order, but the top 5 should be more or less correct):

1. John Rambo (Amazon.de, GER)
2. Iron Man (FS, Canada)
3. I Am Legend (FS, Canada)
4. Wanted (GER)
5. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (FS, Canada)
6. Iron Man (MM, GER)
7. Underworld Trilogy (GER)
8. Inglourious Basterds (FS, Canada)
9. Transformers ROTF
10. Green Zone (AU)
11. Star Trek (Play.com, UK)
12. Transformers ROTF - (IMAX, Canada)
13. Hurt Locker (BB, US)
14. Sweeney Todd (1st print, UK)
15. Hellboy (Fnac, France)
16. Star Wars Clone Wars ?
17. Zombieland (GER)
18. ndependence Day (KOR or China?)
19. Back to the Future Trilogy (Tin, UK/US)
20. Inception Briefcase (Fnac, France)

-------------
All BB Disney editions
All BB/FS Pixar editions

Last edited by Sirjump; 03-11-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: List update
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
T-1000 T-1000 is offline
Senior Member
 
T-1000's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
(West) Germany Blu-ray SteelBooks™.........:506 SteelCase™........:22/22
28
702
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjump View Post
Does anyone know if there is a list of ie. top 25 or top 50 rare steelbooks (or limited editions)? Perhaps ranged by items printed or general rarity... Would this be too subjective or has someone tried to come up with something?

And would you rather separate the releases by country, by region or by other criteria?

If no list(s) are present maybe suggestions could be made for a top 25.

Very very subjective if you ask me. I can tell you #1 anyway and think there might be a consens.
Ok, will add a number 2, because it is you

01. John Rambo (Amazon Uncut; GER)
02. Iron Man (FS Exclusive; CA)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
nelly_platinum nelly_platinum is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2009
???
438
19
Default

i believe the rarest is the T2 2.0 japanese steelbook,so rare they only made 3000 i think,also romeo and juliet even thought its not a steel,just an ironpack

romeo juliet

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Romeo...Blu-ray/18132/

T2

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Termi...-Blu-ray/7805/
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
KingLeonidas300 KingLeonidas300 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
KingLeonidas300's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Arizona
7
654
64
40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly_platinum View Post
i believe the rarest is the T2 2.0 japanese steelbook,so rare they only made 3000 i think,also romeo and juliet even thought its not a steel,just an ironpack

romeo juliet

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Romeo...Blu-ray/18132/

T2

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Termi...-Blu-ray/7805/
I would also add the Moulin Rouge ironpack.

In regards to steelbooks, I would think Iron Man (FutureShop and Media Market editions) would be hard to come by as I am finding out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
nelly_platinum nelly_platinum is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2009
???
438
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLeonidas300 View Post
I would also add the Moulin Rouge ironpack.

In regards to steelbooks, I would think Iron Man (FutureShop and Media Market editions) would be hard to come by as I am finding out.
which ironman?can u post link?i have been looking for 2weeks for the T2 v2.0 steel and just cant find it,so i settled for the v1.0 bought it from ebay for 50 dollars also rare
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
KingLeonidas300 KingLeonidas300 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
KingLeonidas300's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Arizona
7
654
64
40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly_platinum View Post
which ironman?can u post link?i have been looking for 2weeks for the T2 v2.0 steel and just cant find it,so i settled for the v1.0 bought it from ebay for 50 dollars also rare
Iron Man Futurshop steelbook
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Iron-Man-Blu-ray/8061/

Iron Man Media Market
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Iron-Man-Blu-ray/9190/
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
nelly_platinum nelly_platinum is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2009
???
438
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLeonidas300 View Post
that german one ive never seen
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
jimmy21 jimmy21 is offline
Senior Member
 
jimmy21's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
UK
15
339
4212
21
2
14
Default

Some Rare steels

1: John Rambo (Amazon.de, GER)
2:Iron Man (FS,Canada)
3:I Am Legend (FS, Canada)
4:Wanted (GER)
5:indiana jones kingdom of the crystal skull (FS,Canada)
6:Iron Man (GER)
7:Underworld Trilogy (GER)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
nelly_platinum nelly_platinum is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2009
???
438
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy21 View Post
Some Rare steels

1: John Rambo (Amazon.de, GER)
2:Iron Man (FS,Canada)
3:I Am Legend (FS, Canada)
4:Wanted (GER)
5:indiana jones kingdom of the crystal skull (FS,Canada)
6:Iron Man (GER)
7:Underworld Trilogy (GER)
john rambos are easy to find now,the ones that came with the uncut versions,they go for like 50-60 on ebay sealed
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #10
T-1000 T-1000 is offline
Senior Member
 
T-1000's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
(West) Germany Blu-ray SteelBooks™.........:506 SteelCase™........:22/22
28
702
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly_platinum View Post
john rambos are easy to find now,the ones that came with the uncut versions,they go for like 50-60 on ebay sealed
Well...it sounds like you know what you talk about
The John Rambo AMAZON UNCUT is very rare, very hard to find and will cost you at least $200 and more.
What you mean, is the second Media Markt Release. This is not really rare....well, it depends, but an easy find compared to the Amazon Edition.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
nelly_platinum nelly_platinum is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2009
???
438
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
Well...it sounds like you know what you talk about
The John Rambo AMAZON UNCUT is very rare, very hard to find and will cost you at least $200 and more.
What you mean, is the second Media Markt Release. This is not really rare....well, it depends, but an easy find compared to the Amazon Edition.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
thanks i do my research,i heard that the first ones released sum were shipped with the uncut version when they were supposed to have the edited and were quickly pulled out of shelfs
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
DK06CTR DK06CTR is offline
Expert Member
 
DK06CTR's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
England
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy21 View Post
Some Rare steels

1: John Rambo (Amazon.de, GER)
2:Iron Man (FS,Canada)
3:I Am Legend (FS, Canada)
4:Wanted (GER)
5:indiana jones kingdom of the crystal skull (FS,Canada)
6:Iron Man (GER)
7:Underworld Trilogy (GER)

I would take i am legend out of that list as there is a re release identical?

Other than that think the list is prob about right
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #13
boxterduke boxterduke is offline
Power Member
 
boxterduke's Avatar
 
May 2009
The Fissure of Woe
193
70
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK06CTR View Post
I would take i am legend out of that list as there is a re release identical?
Other than that think the list is prob about right
It is not identical.
The original had the bluray strip on the top of the case while reprint does not have it.

Last edited by boxterduke; 01-03-2011 at 08:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #14
jimmy21 jimmy21 is offline
Senior Member
 
jimmy21's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
UK
15
339
4212
21
2
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxterduke View Post
It is not identical.
The original had the bluray strip on the top of the case as well as the bonus discs.
The reprint does not have the bluray strip and only one disc.
Bonus Disk
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
DK06CTR DK06CTR is offline
Expert Member
 
DK06CTR's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
England
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxterduke View Post
It is not identical.
The original had the bluray strip on the top of the case as well as the bonus discs.
The reprint does not have the bluray strip and only one disc.
ok il put it a different way the new re release is actually better without the blu ray banner so that drops the value of the original and dont recal the original as 2 disc edition
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #16
Trekkie313 Trekkie313 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Trekkie313's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Ohio
2
37
1007
227
113
5
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxterduke View Post
It is not identical.
The original had the bluray strip on the top of the case while reprint does not have it.
Shut up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #17
FeiLong FeiLong is offline
Active Member
 
FeiLong's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Hong Kong & ShenZhen
23
Send a message via MSN to FeiLong
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjump View Post
Does anyone know if there is a list of ie. top 25 or top 50 rare steelbooks (or limited editions)? Perhaps ranged by items printed or general rarity... Would this be too subjective or has someone tried to come up with something?

And would you rather separate the releases by country, by region or by other criteria?

If no list(s) are present maybe suggestions could be made for a top 25.

Those can be easily found at trading sites / eBay / iOffer or those titles owned by a lot of people are not considered rare Steelbook. So Ironman 2 SB, Avatar SB, Inception SB are not rare as there are plently available at auction sites and many people owned one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
Sirjump Sirjump is offline
Active Member
 
Sirjump's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Norway
14
50
447
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiLong View Post
Those can be easily found at trading sites / eBay / iOffer or those titles owned by a lot of people are not considered rare Steelbook. So Ironman 2 SB, Avatar SB, Inception SB are not rare as there are plently available at auction sites and many people owned one.
I agree, there is a difference between a rare item in regards to how many copies exists, and how hard it is to get. But the fact is that when an item is OOP from vendors, then it should at least be considered scarce, since these items are now owned by private collectors. And even if a lot have been bought solely for the purpose of selling with a profit on ie. ebay, the item is harder to get at a decent price.

I guess a proper rear item should have a low print run, be OOP and/or be unique in another way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
Henke007 Henke007 is online now
Expert Member
 
Jul 2010
Sweden
8
Default

Anyone have 450 to spare
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPII.dl...m=250762220300
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #20
T-1000 T-1000 is offline
Senior Member
 
T-1000's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
(West) Germany Blu-ray SteelBooks™.........:506 SteelCase™........:22/22
28
702
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke007 View Post
Wow!
What an offer I feel good now, as my sealed and mint copy was cheap for 200 Euros
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:21 PM.