Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Assassin's Creed 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
55 min ago
Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.30

Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.23

The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 05-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #1
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Exclamation Report 3D TV problems here and hopefully solutions

At some point we may need a focal point when our 3d tvs start to go, as to what may be wrong with them and how they were fixed.

I found this particular request on another forum but thought someone here might have the answer:

LG UH8500 65 help
I have the LG UH8500 3d tv. The problem is that any 3d content from any source is not displaying correctly. Sitting directly in front of the TV level with it, the top half of the screen looks fine, but the bottom 1/2 to 1/3 is completely out of focus as if you weren't wearing glasses at all. If you stand up it transitions and the bottom looks fine and the top is messed up. At no point in the transition is the entire picture the way it should look. The MB has been replaced as has the TC? board(not sure if thats exactly what its called). None of this has fixed the problem, and LG refuses to do anymore saying its a distance/eye level problem. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this that would be fixable? I bought this TV exclusively for the 3D and was led to believe that it had the best 3D available. This is my 3rd passive 3D set, I own a vizio 55 inch right now, and the 3d on it is really good. I've uploaded 2 photos that give an idea of the problem. I took them through one lens of the glasses. It should appear as just a regular picture, but as you can (hopefully) see, half of the screen is not displayed correctly. I would really appreciate input on this, as this has really been driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Here you can see the actual post and pictures if needed:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/191-3d...l#post56134682
Old 05-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
At some point we may need a focal point when our 3d tvs start to go, as to what may be wrong with them and how they were fixed.

I found this particular request on another forum but thought someone here might have the answer:

LG UH8500 65 help
I have the LG UH8500 3d tv. The problem is that any 3d content from any source is not displaying correctly. Sitting directly in front of the TV level with it, the top half of the screen looks fine, but the bottom 1/2 to 1/3 is completely out of focus as if you weren't wearing glasses at all. If you stand up it transitions and the bottom looks fine and the top is messed up. At no point in the transition is the entire picture the way it should look. The MB has been replaced as has the TC? board(not sure if thats exactly what its called). None of this has fixed the problem, and LG refuses to do anymore saying its a distance/eye level problem. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this that would be fixable? I bought this TV exclusively for the 3D and was led to believe that it had the best 3D available. This is my 3rd passive 3D set, I own a vizio 55 inch right now, and the 3d on it is really good. I've uploaded 2 photos that give an idea of the problem. I took them through one lens of the glasses. It should appear as just a regular picture, but as you can (hopefully) see, half of the screen is not displayed correctly. I would really appreciate input on this, as this has really been driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Here you can see the actual post and pictures if needed:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/191-3d...l#post56134682
Sounds like it's a bad panel, doubt it's software related...LG would need to replace. There's nothing you're gonna be able to do.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:20 AM   #3
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_who View Post
Sounds like it's a bad panel, doubt it's software related...LG would need to replace. There's nothing you're gonna be able to do.
Sounds like you are right on spot. I sent your answer to the owner. Hope he can still get a 3d panel out of lg.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:43 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Whew wildbill,

At first was afraid it was your set. Read too fast about it being somebody else's post from another forum. Had me worried.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #5
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default Thanks Joe!

I would be unable to write if that were to happen to me. I try not to think about the day when it does happen, as it will one day. I am already starting to be on lookout for good repairmen of lg tvs! Ha.Ha. Never hurts.

Hope you and your wife are well. I about ready to pull trigger on darbee. I just didn't want to get until I have a free weekend to set up. I can hardly wait.

Keep the faith, Joey 3d!!!!

ps addendum: the same fellow apparently has had this problem since he bought the tv!
Old 07-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Got a scare this morning. The picture on my Sony suddenly had less vibrancy. Less contrast, color - was as if the picture was faded. Cable, bluray, made no difference.
Settings were all correct.

So unplugged it for five minutes and to my relief, picture came back fully vibrant. Cable, bluray and 3D.

Turned it off a few times and no problems.

Know things can happen which unplugging can resolve. Perhaps the power saver kicked in? Who knows. But at least I didn't have to worry about getting another set - which I would if forced to.

Things like this ever happen with you guys?
Old 07-15-2018, 12:41 AM   #7

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Got a scare this morning. The picture on my Sony suddenly had less vibrancy. Less contrast, color - was as if the picture was faded. Cable, bluray, made no difference.
Settings were all correct.

So unplugged it for five minutes and to my relief, picture came back fully vibrant. Cable, bluray and 3D.

Turned it off a few times and no problems.

Know things can happen which unplugging can resolve. Perhaps the power saver kicked in? Who knows. But at least I didn't have to worry about getting another set - which I would if forced to.

Things like this ever happen with you guys?
Never had that happen to me, but I'm very glad you were able to solve it! Hate to hear of 3D tv's going bad...
Old 07-15-2018, 03:04 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
Never had that happen to me, but I'm very glad you were able to solve it! Hate to hear of 3D tv's going bad...
Hi Kenbar,

Thanks so much. Came home and all was fine turning it on. I understand unplugging a TV is called a hardset
Which can resolve glitches.

To play it safe tried the self diagnosis and it found no problems.

But also went through the picture preferences and suddenly noticed the ambient light sensor was on. I never used it. Perhaps that was tripped on by accident if there was a split second power failure.

My hunch is it was on for a long while for I checked my calibration disc and the contrast was off, which would be the case if different light setting. And that affected the color saturation.

So now the picture is a bit more vibrant. So there was a silver lining to this. Natch, the 3D is stronger too.

Last edited by Joe D.; 07-15-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Thanks given by:
Kenbar (10-30-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors