Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.21

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.25

The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 01-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #1

Aug 2010
Cool Panasonic active 3D glasses alternatives?

Which companies sell 3D glasses that would work with my Panasonic VT25? Looking for kid size as well as adult.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Power Member

Jan 2011
Bay Area, CA, USA

According to one of the user reviews, this one should work with your TV: Xpand Universal X103 3D Glasses http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00462RMS6. Though, it seems adult size only.
For kid size, I'm only aware of Panasonic's own: Panasonic TY-EW3D2SU http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049MPR3U
Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #3

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketb View Post
According to one of the user reviews, this one should work with your TV: Xpand Universal X103 3D Glasses http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00462RMS6. Though, it seems adult size only.
For kid size, I'm only aware of Panasonic's own: Panasonic TY-EW3D2SU http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049MPR3U
Thanks basketb!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Also check out this site.

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/
Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Banned

Feb 2011

I wonder if others have had problems with 3D glasses Panasonic TY-EW3D10E that comes with their televisions two pairs of 3D glasses broke in exactly the same spot for two couples cracked, broken frames with minimal use. The frames are very thin and flexible set up and keep glasses.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #6

Oct 2011
Arizona
Default Panasonic 7000 and Xpand X103 Universal Active Shutter 3D Glasses

Since the idea of 3D projection is beginning to gnaw away at the "I need" portion of my brain I have been reading everything I could find on the subject. As a satisfied customer of the Panasonic 3000 projector I am very inclined to go with the 7000 for 3D. Since I wear glasses and certainly want a comfortable viewing experience, I have looked favorably on the Xpand X103 Universal Active Shutter 3D Glasses. (It doesn't hurt that they are cheaper as well.) My basic question is to those that may already have experience with this combination. Do they work well together and do the devices work well over prescription glasses? Over the years it seems that I have accumulated a room full of things that never worked as advertised or planned. As I have grown older I have found that reaching out to those with more experience has saved me both time and money. Since this forum appears to have a plethora of such individuals, I will expose my ignorance and ask for opinion and help on the subject.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #7

Oct 2009

You can get alternatives to panasonic glasses and any other make on Ebay. These are being made by companies in china and are quite reasonable in price. I purchased some from a seller called tool nerd who is based in China. The glasses are rechargeable and have a function that searches for the tvs 3d signal and then sync themselves to your tv. The 3d picture is great but a little bit darker than the panasonic glasses. For a Ł100 cheaper you can't complain. Just go on Ebay put in search for Panasonic 3D glasses and you will find loads there that are compatible.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #8

Jul 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post
Which companies sell 3D glasses that would work with my Panasonic VT25? Looking for kid size as well as adult.

Thanks
According to Dimensional Optics, they will have panasonic compatible glasses available around the end of November 2011. I use their glasses myself (73" Mitsubishi) and like them. They are quite comfortable (At least for a head shaped like mine.....) although if there is light behind me, I put on a wide brim hat and pull is down over the back of my head to block the glare off the inside of the glasses. I also like the price of the glasses ($60). I don't have the cost of the new panasonic glasses, but you can go to their website and contact them. They're pretty good about getting right back to you.

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com
Old 11-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #9

Apr 2008

Amazon lowered the price of a pair of the Panny 3rd gen to $115 for a brief time this morning. I think I got in, though I don't have a shipping confirmation yet. Amazon is sold out at this point unfortunately, but there's hope for another price drop. . .
Old 10-30-2018, 10:34 PM   #10

Mar 2010
Scotland
Default Best Active 3D Glasses?

I've been looking into getting some 3D movies after viewing some demos and being impressed with the effect. I recently bought a VT65 second hand which came with two Panasonic Viera glasses, but they are quite reflective although impressive, and just wondering if there's a much better alternative?

I've heard good things about the 3D3 glasses. Have any surpassed those or are they still considered the pinnacle?
Old 06-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #11

Dec 2014
SE Mass, USA, Earth

Just tagging for updates.

I have been buying (or trying to buy) original Panasonic active shutter glasses on ebay. The problem is that at this point in time, they are all so old that if the batteries have not been kept charged, it is very likely that they will not take a charge at all, no matter how long you let them charge.

It may be possible to buy a replacement battery and solder it into place, but this is delicate and fiddly work.

Given the above, I would love to find some replacement active shutter glasses for a Panasonic that use IR not BT that someone has tried and can vouch for being good. They could be some other brand as long as they work well with the TV.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors