Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.21

The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.34
12 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.92

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 12-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl
Default Xiaomi Mi UST Laser Projector

Less than $2000, several reviews out on youtube, all of which sound very promising...What's the scoop?
Old 12-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

https://www.mi.com/laser-projection/
Old 01-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #3

Dec 2010
North Carolina

I just came across this projector today while looking at UST projectors & I'm very interested. I've never owned a projector but would love to have a huge screen for movies. Nexi Tech has a decent video up about it. Have you seen it? I skipped the unboxing at the beginning.
I have a feeling I'm going to end up with this or a much smaller screen size LG C8 this year. Time will tell .

Last edited by MAUL xx; 01-07-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUL xx View Post
I just came across this projector today while looking at UST projectors & I'm very interested. I've never owned a projector but would love to have a huge screen for movies. Nexi Tech has a decent video up about it. Have you seen it? I skipped the unboxing at the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...annel=NexiTech
I have a feeling I'm going to end up with this or a much smaller screen size LG C8 this year. Time will tell .
Mine is on its way. I will post my review soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
drumass (01-17-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #5

Dec 2010
North Carolina

Nice. I will look forward to that. I'm tempted to get one but I need to do some measuring in the bedroom & see what max screen size I can squeeze in there. If I can do 100" diagonal I'll be more inclined. Also, I saw rainbows on DLP sets years ago so I'm a bit skittish about that. IDK, it may not bother me. It's really hard to say unless I buy it & try it. When did you order & from where?
Old 01-08-2018, 01:33 AM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Nice. I will look forward to that. I'm tempted to get one but I need to do some measuring in the bedroom & see what max screen size I can squeeze in there. If I can do 100" diagonal I'll be more inclined. Also, I saw rainbows on DLP sets years ago so I'm a bit skittish about that. IDK, it may not bother me. It's really hard to say unless I buy it & try it. When did you order & from where?
I ordered from GearBest on Dec. 29.
I've owned dlp projectors before and never saw rainbow effect. The draw for me was the laser technology (25000 hours) and the fact that I can set it up by the front wall

Old 01-08-2018, 02:07 AM   #7
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
I ordered from GearBest on Dec. 29.
I've owned dlp projectors before and never saw rainbow effect. The draw for me was the laser technology (25000 hours) and the fact that I can set it up by the front wall

Some are more sensitive to Rainbow effect than other is, because you don't see it is still there.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield80 View Post
Some are more sensitive to Rainbow effect than other is, because you don't see it is still there.
What matters to me is that I dont see it.
I will be posting pictures including unboxing and intsallation as soon s I get it. I also bought a new home entertainment stand in anticipation of this new projector, a darbee, and a secong LG player, plus rearranged my whole surround sound system, so things are looking NICE!
Thanks given by:
shield80 (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quick update: just received email notification from DHL stating that delivery is scheduled for Wedn, Jan 10
Old 01-08-2018, 10:29 PM   #10

Dec 2010
North Carolina

That's awesome Rock! That was pretty much the draw for me as well, the laser bulb & I can set it up on a stand near the wall plus the huge screen of course. I had pretty much given up on getting a projector till I discovered the USTs as I really didn't want to fuss around with mounting a ST on the ceiling & such. I did some measuring & found that I would have to rearrange my room so I could use a full wall which is doable. I could have a 120" screen . Are you going to be scaling everything through the Darbee? Let me know how much the darbee enhances things. I'm also curious about the height of the entertainment center you purchased & where you're going to place your center speaker now that a projector will on the top shelf. I would be moving from a Panasonic plasma to this projector. Can you give me a general idea of what to expect in general moving to a projector? I know it want have the resolution or the contrast of what I'm used to but what other main differences should I expect? Just trying to get an idea. Thank you.

Last edited by MAUL xx; 01-09-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:39 AM   #11
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
That's awesome Rock! That was pretty much the draw for me as well, the laser bulb & I can set it up on a stand near the wall plus the huge screen of coarse. I had pretty much given up on getting a projector till I discovered the USTs as I really didn't want to fuss around with mounting a ST on the ceiling & such. I did some measuring & found that I would have to rearrange my room so I could use a full wall which is doable. I could have a 120" screen . Are you going to be scaling everything through the Darbee? Let me know how much the darbee enhances things. I'm also curious about the height of the entertainment center you purchased & where you're going to place your center speaker now that a projector will on the top shelf. I would be moving from a Panasonic plasma to this projector. Can you give me a general idea of what to expect in general moving to a projector? I know it want have the resolution or the contrast of what I'm used to but what other main differences should I expect? Just trying to get an idea. Thank you.
I think I underestimated GearBest customer service. They've been very prompt with their responses to any questions I had throughout this transaction. Even shipped me a free plug adapter just because I asked for one.
I'm glad I already owned a fixed screen with a perfectly flat surface. I also just assembled a new shelf which will hold the new projector on top, center speaker on middle shelf, and Denon receiver on bottom shelf.
Darbee 5000 and LG UP-870 4K player will be here tomorrow. I will use the LG player for downsampling 4K titles to projector with Darbee doing its processing. What I'll get that way is Dolby Atmos on big screen, higher 4K disc bitrate, with additional Darbee processing.
Here's a pic of entertainment center. The projector will go at the top where you see that cable box sitting on

Last edited by RockyIII; 01-09-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:14 AM   #12

Dec 2010
North Carolina

Looks like you are ready to go. Anxious to read your impressions. I'm still a bit back & forth between screen size & OLED.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:23 AM   #13

Jul 2009

Quote:
I'm still a bit back & forth between screen size & OLED.
Don't forget about that new roll up/down OLED display. Only 65" now but really there is no limit. Can't wait until 100" is available!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post
Don't forget about that new roll up/down OLED display. Only 65" now but really there is no limit. Can't wait until 100" is available!
You also have to keep in mind price.
I own a 55" 4K Oled TV but I'm still a big fan of 1080p on big screen.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #15

Mar 2017

if you want your rig to have the look of a 120 inch plasma a fixed frame is mandatory. it's not the screen that makes the big difference so much. it's the frame. elite screens and silver ticket screens are cheap, easy to build and will make all the difference in the world. as far as 4k goes I run a philips 4k player for the atmos work around and some movies look great. dunkirk, original blade runner for example but other titles look horrible no matter how I calibrate it. oblivion, king kong atomic blonde etc.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #16
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

The Elite Screens edge-free fixed screen I have is ideal for UST projection. It also perfectly camouflages with the wall when room is dark

Last edited by RockyIII; 01-09-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:11 PM   #17

Dec 2010
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battail View Post
if you want your rig to have the look of a 120 inch plasma a fixed frame is mandatory. it's not the screen that makes the big difference so much. it's the frame. elite screens and silver ticket screens are cheap, easy to build and will make all the difference in the world. as far as 4k goes I run a philips 4k player for the atmos work around and some movies look great. dunkirk, original blade runner for example but other titles look horrible no matter how I calibrate it. oblivion, king kong atomic blonde etc.
If I decide to get a projector I plan on getting a silver ticket 120" screen. What do you mean they look horrible? How or in what way do they look horrible? I've never owned a projector so there's a few unknowns for me.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
If I decide to get a projector I plan on getting a silver ticket 120" screen. What do you mean they look horrible? How or in what way do they look horrible? I've never owned a projector so there's a few unknowns for me.
I would go with 100" fixed frame screen for UST projection

Old 01-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #19

Sep 2008

So is this bad boy 4K? HDR? Where can i find the specs?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #20
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
So is this bad boy 4K? HDR? Where can i find the specs?
No,only full HD
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors