Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
 
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.21
 
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.25
 
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2018, 08:18 AM   #21
wildbill722 wildbill722 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildbill722's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default Thank you Paul!

Your continued development of the lg oled spatial abilities is indeed ground-breaking. I hope you will find more examples of this 3d enhancement. If it weren't for your doing this we all would have missed so much. Thank you!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
evoll (07-01-2018), Paul H (06-30-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 08:16 PM   #22
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

"The Pirates! Band of Misfits In 3D"



This was my 2nd, maybe 3rd viewing since a 2012 purchase.
Originally coming across as conservative 3D, I played scenes in parts on a Plasma, Headset and the OLED. But this-time I had an experience of mostly medium 3D with a couple of strong pop-outs. Ah! 3D's dynamic presence comes through!
This time, I really enjoyed the humor, creativity and the spectacle-of-impact!
Hilarious at times and very entertaining for a change!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #23
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

FYI: I'm posting 3D observations here on the LG OLED owners thread, instead of the 3D Blu-ray Disc You Last Bought or Watched Thread in the 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies forum because I don't want people buying these 3D movies that will give different 3D experiences than I'm describing.
If there is a place where we won't have to keep putting up setup-display-model warnings first to post 3D effects from tweaks, please point the way.

-----------------------------------------

Avatar 3D




The 3D now resolves at 100% levels and is so natural in the Maxed-Out 3D mode state that eye-focus for clarity and sharpness feels exactly like I'm watching this in 2D. So much so that I'm starting to notice dated CGI detail. i.e. Aggressive fans on the Hammerhead Titanothere:
Aggressive state:
Relaxed state:
[Show spoiler]2nd Snapshot.jpg

Group:
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (07-02-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #24
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

The Last Jedi 3D

The Last Jedi 3D.jpg

O-M-G !

What a 3D transformation from my last look! You have to view this in Maxed-Out 3D Auto Mode!

From the beginning title going into space to the dug-out bunkers -- amazing depth & dimensional changes!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 12:23 AM   #25
wildbill722 wildbill722 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildbill722's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
FYI: I'm posting 3D observations here on the LG OLED owners thread, instead of the 3D Blu-ray Disc You Last Bought or Watched Thread in the 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies forum because I don't want people buying these 3D movies that will give different 3D experiences than I'm describing.
If there is a place where we won't have to keep putting up setup-display-model warnings first to post 3D effects from tweaks, please point the way.

-----------------------------------------

Avatar 3D




The 3D now resolves at 100% levels and is so natural in the Maxed-Out 3D mode state that eye-focus for clarity and sharpness feels exactly like I'm watching this in 2D. So much so that I'm starting to notice dated CGI detail. i.e. Aggressive fans on the Hammerhead Titanothere:
Aggressive state:
[Show spoiler]Attachment 203361

Relaxed state:
[Show spoiler]Attachment 203363

Group:
[Show spoiler]Attachment 203364
Yes you are right Paul. I have seen you end up in needless arguments with someone who does not have an lg oled and mad at you because there picture is not like yours. That shouldn't happen in this part of the forum-I hope. And again I am going to look at Avatar tomorrow. Can hardly wait.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 10:20 PM   #26
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

Independence Day: Resurgence 3D



4th of July week and the 3D becomes the dominant attention getter in this holiday sequel!
Every scene is beautifully resolved. No complaint.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
evoll (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 09:29 AM   #27
TheScottyLee TheScottyLee is offline
Active Member
 
TheScottyLee's Avatar
 
Jan 2017
200
803
Default

I feel like I’m missing something here. Have we expanded the settings for LG 3D plus OPPO 0203 settings? Only Thing better than synergy is more synergy LOL
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #28
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottyLee View Post
I feel like I’m missing something here. Have we expanded the settings for LG 3D plus OPPO 0203 settings? Only Thing better than synergy is more synergy LOL
Absolutely!

The updated tweak resolves 3D depth z-plane information at 100% levels when the 3D OLED is set to Auto Mode. i.e. If there is real-world z-plane depth information present in the movie and it was captured and authored on the Blu-ray 3D disc, this tweak will fully and totally process it, resolving it in the 3D image architecture.

Documented the discovery on June 27th starting on post #13.

Instructions:
Look at a Blu-ray 3D scene in 3D with your current OLED 3D settings.
Then look at it again after changing "Manual Mode"- Depth and Viewpoint values maxed-out @ 3D Depth (20) & 3D Viewpoint (-10) (you have to use manual mode to set these values) and then Re-set 3D Mode back to Auto Mode before you exit Picture-Settings for values to take effect and work correctly.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheScottyLee (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #29
TheScottyLee TheScottyLee is offline
Active Member
 
TheScottyLee's Avatar
 
Jan 2017
200
803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Absolutely!

The updated tweak resolves 3D depth z-plane information at 100% levels when the 3D OLED is set to Auto Mode. i.e. If there is real-world z-plane depth information present in the movie and it was captured and authored on the Blu-ray 3D disc, this tweak will fully and totally process it, resolving it in the 3D image architecture.

Documented the discovery on June 27th starting on post #13.

Instructions:
Look at a Blu-ray 3D scene in 3D with your current OLED 3D settings.
Then look at it again after changing "Manual Mode"- Depth and Viewpoint values maxed-out @ 3D Depth (20) & 3D Viewpoint (-10) (you have to use manual mode to set these values) and then Re-set 3D Mode back to Auto Mode before you exit Picture-Settings for values to take effect and work correctly.
Wow! 3D tweak 2.0 is significant here. Great Job Paul!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #30
LordCrumb LordCrumb is offline
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
4
290
2850
109
12
67
Default

Stupid question.... Can a 2D LG Oled be made into 3D with a firmware update? Or is it actually panel technology..?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:10 PM   #31
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Stupid question.... Can a 2D LG Oled be made into 3D with a firmware update? Or is it actually panel technology..?
Sorry, no; The OLED display has to have a 3D OLED panel.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LordCrumb (07-03-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #32
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted 3D



If you desire a test for the limitations of the LG OLEDs 3D processing ability, here is my reference 3D choice! The OLED should maintain crystal clarity and ghost-free ability.

The animated CGI movie contains a great number of STRONG pop-out moments, along with great-height sensations that only 3D can visualize and deliver.
Experienced this on both a 2015 LG OLED 65EG9600 and the 2016 LG OLED 65E6P, both using 3D tweak 2.0*.

*coined by TheScottyLee

Last edited by Paul H; 07-05-2018 at 07:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheScottyLee (07-04-2018), wildbill722 (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #33
wildbill722 wildbill722 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildbill722's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default Tweaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted 3D



If you desire a test for the limitations of the LG OLEDs 3D processing ability, here is my reference 3D choice! The OLED should maintain crystal clarity and ghost-free ability.

The animated CGI movie contains a great number of STRONG pop-out moments, along with great-height sensations that only 3D can visualize and deliver.
Experienced this on both a 2015 LG OLED 65EG9600 and the 2016 LG OLED 65E6P, both using 3D tweak 2.0*.

*coined by TheScottyLee
Paul, now you've got us all tweaking! All of Lg Oled owners appreciate your efforts. And you're right; this movie is tough on a lot of systems.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (07-05-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #34
Kenbar Kenbar is online now
Active Member
 
Oct 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted 3D



If you desire a test for the limitations of the LG OLEDs 3D processing ability, here is my reference 3D choice! The OLED should maintain crystal clarity and ghost-free ability.

The animated CGI movie contains a great number of STRONG pop-out moments, along with great-height sensations that only 3D can visualize and deliver.
Experienced this on both a 2015 LG OLED 65EG9600 and the 2016 LG OLED 65E6P, both using 3D tweak 2.0*.

*coined by TheScottyLee
I will give this disc a spin tonight with tweak 2.0. Along with sharpness 50 N Super Resolution high. I'm very glad you mentioned your discovery, for one...I somehow had left it in manual...with the 2 settings half way...all this time. Lol...yep.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #35
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
I will give this disc a spin tonight with tweak 2.0. Along with sharpness 50 N Super Resolution high. I'm very glad you mentioned your discovery, for one...I somehow had left it in manual...with the 2 settings half way...all this time. Lol...yep.
Your settings will maximize the OLED's 3D potential.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kenbar (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #36
MaxPower111 MaxPower111 is offline
Active Member
 
MaxPower111's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
USA
1
19
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted 3D



If you desire a test for the limitations of the LG OLEDs 3D processing ability, here is my reference 3D choice! The OLED should maintain crystal clarity and ghost-free ability.

The animated CGI movie contains a great number of STRONG pop-out moments, along with great-height sensations that only 3D can visualize and deliver.
Experienced this on both a 2015 LG OLED 65EG9600 and the 2016 LG OLED 65E6P, both using 3D tweak 2.0*.

*coined by TheScottyLee

Well, that was awesome! Thanks for the tweaks!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 04:24 PM   #37
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
2
Default

3D tweak 2.0 is great on the eyes for "Golden era" 3D Blu-ray titles.

Like discrete-audio placement makes the sounds-direction easy to follow, 3D tweak 2.0 settings make visual depth-placement easy to recognize and is very comfortable for the eyes to focus on details via levels-in-space.

3-D Rarities from 3-D Film Archive
Experiencing: Boo Moon

Several well-placed 3D layers in each image, making it easy for the eyes to focus on detail.
Boo Moon:
[Show spoiler]Boo Moon 3D.jpg

Casper StereoToon:
[Show spoiler]Casper StereoToon.jpg

Casper in Boo Moon 3-D:
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheScottyLee (07-09-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #38
Retired Flyer Retired Flyer is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2017
Default

Thanks Wildbill722 & Paul H for the recommendations of Avatar & Madagascar 3 to demonstrate the new 3D tweak. I've watched Avatar many times but it's all new now with the new tweak. Madagascar becomes a "pop out" extravaganza . Just saw the new Ant Man 3D movie and I'll be buying the Blu Ray 3D. If only the theater 3D experience was as great as our newly tweaked OLEDs.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (07-07-2018), wildbill722 (07-08-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 05:21 AM   #39
Frank@Chicago Frank@Chicago is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Frank@Chicago's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Default

Just got firmware 5.30.30 update for C6.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #40
ckyllr ckyllr is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2009
GA
58
Default

I'm confused.. so there is a new tweak for the LG Oled and Oppo 203 in this thread? I tried the settings on the other thread started by Paul and I didn't really see much difference so I put everything back to default. If this tweak or the 2.0 version is better, shouldn't we update other thread as well?

I will try the new tweak tonight and see how it does but I was thinking to myself what would happen if you changed the values to most extreme and switch back to auto since the other tweak really didn't do much for me. I'll find out tonight after work.

By the way, with the new extreme settings, has anyone experience any convergence issues? ghosting?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:48 AM.