Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.64
8 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (Blu-ray)
$44.99
20 hrs ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$24.00

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Child's Play (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Interstellar 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Brightburn (Blu-ray)
$19.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (Blu-ray)
$19.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Portuguese

Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA
Brazil Amazon Brazil...

...is apparently here. At the moment, it looks like it only has Kindle products, but I'm guessing that should change shortly?

https://www.amazon.com.br
Old 01-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #2

Sep 2009
Cincinnati, OH

Might be a ways off sadly.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Would all it take one expat to move to Brazil and start a web-based video store all in English that accepted Paypal and common credit cards and shipped to the USA? It would be pretty expensive though since that hypothetical expat would have to charge at least 10 to 20 dollars more to make a profit. It would still be slightly cheaper than ordering Japanese Blu-rays/DVDs though.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #4

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

Amazon Brazil right now is only selling e-books, but it will soon start working with books, cds, dvds and blurays. the estimnate for this happen is july 2013.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 AM   #5

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

My wife is from Brazil, so I'm always looking for blu-rays with Portuguese to help expose our children to the language. I've always been amazed at how difficult and expensive it is to order things from Brazil.

I own a ton of blu-rays, but I've never ordered them from Brazil. I instead get them from the European Amazon sites (mostly UK), from Asia, and from Mexico. It is also incredibly difficult and expensive to buy books in Portuguese online.

I have long wished that Amazon would launch a Brazilian site, so I really hope that they do expand it to a full range of media.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
Banned

Jan 2010
Portugal Amazon Brasil

I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray's. This topic is in the wrong section, a "Portuguese / Portugal - Brasil" topic is needed!.

Last edited by Super Sonic; 01-20-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #7

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray's. This topic is in the wrong section, a "Portuguese / Portugal - Brasil" topic is needed!.
I agree. As it stands, there is no logical place in the forum for discussion of Portuguese and/or Brazilian titles.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:59 PM   #8

Nov 2014
Argentina

amazon mexico are selling dvd and blu ray, but not sent outside the country. I think the same will happen with amazon brazil. Shame
Old 02-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #9

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpaulc View Post
amazon mexico are selling dvd and blu ray, but not sent outside the country. I think the same will happen with amazon brazil. Shame
Mexico is a great source of Blu-ray's with Brazilian Portuguese language options, but for some reason many of the Mexican-market Blu-ray's are not even in the blu-ray.com database.

I've ordered from mixup.com.mx several times in the past from Mexico, with no problems. It takes a couple weeks to arrive in the US, and it's best to order several movies at a time to spread out the shipping costs. But it would be nice to be able to order from Amazon.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:49 AM   #10
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiagoPE View Post
Amazon Brazil right now is only selling e-books, but it will soon start working with books, cds, dvds and blurays. the estimnate for this happen is july 2013.
Three years later and they're still selling only books.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:47 PM   #11

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
I would so love to be able to order movies from Amazon Brazil. I order from Amazon's various European sites from time to time, and it's completely painless.

It's a shame that it hasn't happened. Especially with the exchange rate to the dollar the way it is right now (although I imagine that's probably a painful subject for people living in Brazil...I know it is for my father-in-law, since his pension and most of his assets are in reals, so it's like he's taken a big pay cut.) Nevertheless, it would be nice to eventually have a full Amazon site in Brazil.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:28 PM   #12
Expert Member

Sep 2014
Brazil

A month ago, some blu-rays appeared at the Amazon Brazil website. I searched for them yesterday and guess what? Couldn't find it, probably when they appeared was some kind of error, etc.
I really hope they start selling blu-rays, there's so many editions I want to buy but I can't import them right now.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #13

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

Even tough Amazon Brazil may soon start selling blu-rays, i think they will not ship outside Brazil (like Amazon India), as shipping here is a monopoly of the state owned mail company that charge a lot for you ship internationally, making the international sells not worth the effort.

I will tell you that im doing a lot of efforts to try ship my international blurays byless than 50 reais (like going in several post offices until find one that accept ship blurays as mail) because if i was going to ship it aspackge, the staring price for one disc would start at 100 reais...

well, i hope the bes tfor we all, butby looking the scenario here in Brazil is dificult to have any good expectations...
Old 05-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #14

Nov 2014
Argentina

Same Amazon Mexico, no international shipping.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #15

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpaulc View Post
Same Amazon Mexico, no international shipping.
I didn't even know there was an Amazon Mexico. Too bad they don't ship to US, but luckily the Mexican store/site Mixup does ship to the US. If you order several movies at once, the shipping is actually pretty reasonable, and my orders have usually arrived within two weeks or so.

As it happens, Mexico is a great source of Blu-rays that have Brazilian Portuguese. It's fairly common on the discs there, and sometimes the Mexican version is the only version I can find with Portuguese.

Sadly, the database here often does not contain Mexican releases for some reason.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:56 PM   #16

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
And this is not going to change. I talked to an Amazon guy at a book fair in Sao Paulo and he told me that Brazil does not have the necessary infrastructure. That is why they sell mostly e-books.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Portuguese