Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
7 hrs ago
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Antz (Blu-ray)
$6.99
22 hrs ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$8.99
16 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Upgrade (Blu-ray)
$9.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Us (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Treasure Planet (Blu-ray)
$6.46
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Portuguese

Old 07-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #1

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA
Default UK version of 'Brave'...Brazilian audio?

I see that the UK version of 'Brave' has Portuguese audio and subtitles, but I would like to know whether the Portuguese is Brazilian or Continental. Does anybody own the UK version? Or are there any other international versions out there that have Brazilian audio and play in Region A players?

Thanks!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Brave.../53649/#Review

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brave-Blu-ra...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Old 07-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #2

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

Current Disney Blu-ray s are being coded region free in entire world (some older titles may be region locked). But Brazilian Portuguese by standard are released together with Asian languages (except Japanese), some titles are released in north America with Brazilian Portuguese. Well, all European/Australian Disney releases with Portuguese are the Portugal version.

Enviado do meu XT687 pelo tapatalk 4
Old 07-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #3

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiagoPE View Post
Current Disney Blu-ray s are being coded region free in entire world (some older titles may be region locked). But Brazilian Portuguese by standard are released together with Asian languages (except Japanese), some titles are released in north America with Brazilian Portuguese. Well, all European/Australian Disney releases with Portuguese are the Portugal version.
Thanks for the info. That makes sense, since most European releases I've bought such as 'Tangled' and 'Alice in Wonderland' had European Portuguese audio.

So far the only Asian version of Brave I have been able to find with Portuguese audio is the Korean version. Yesasia is selling it for $32.99 + shipping, but it's much more than I wanted to spend:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/brave-blu-...0-en/info.html

So it looks like it's either that, or import the actual Brazilian version, which would probably be even more expensive.

If somebody does happen to discover another version with Brazilian audio, please let me know. Mexican releases frequently have Brazilian Portuguese audio, and can be obtained inexpensively from mixup.com.br, but as far as I can tell the Mexican release of Brave does not have Portuguese.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #4

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

Suggestion: you may wait for some deal for.this movie in Brazilian stores, as you may get it as lower than 10 dollars in such deals. If you haven't an address in Brazil to receive it, you may send to me that I can re send to you.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #5

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Suggestion: you may wait for some deal for.this movie in Brazilian stores, as you may get it as lower than 10 dollars in such deals. If you haven't an address in Brazil to receive it, you may send to me that I can re send to you.
Thank you very much for the offer. I'll keep an eye on it then, and I may contact you if I need help.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #6

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar_in_Indy View Post
So far the only Asian version of Brave I have been able to find with Portuguese audio is the Korean version. Yesasia is selling it for $32.99 + shipping, but it's much more than I wanted to spend.
Also the Blu-Ray from Hong Kong and Thailand is the same disc, you might be able to find it cheaper from those countries. However, YesAsia list the Hong Kong release of Brave for $37.99 (being 2D+3D Blu-Ray) and no listing for the Thai release. Either way, still cheaper than the local release where I live
Old 07-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #7

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz0802 View Post
Also the Blu-Ray from Hong Kong and Thailand is the same disc, you might be able to find it cheaper from those countries. However, YesAsia list the Hong Kong release of Brave for $37.99 (being 2D+3D Blu-Ray) and no listing for the Thai release. Either way, still cheaper than the local release where I live
According to their site, the Hong-Kong Blu-Ray does not have Portuguese audio, only subtitles:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/brave-2012...0-en/info.html

I didn't see the Thai version listed.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #8

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil

This is not a big deal but the price is quite fair ( R$ 49,90 = US$ 23)http://www.livrariasaraiva.com.br/produto/4259100
Old 07-28-2013, 03:49 AM   #9

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
This is not a big deal but the price is quite fair ( R$ 49,90 = US$ 23)http://www.livrariasaraiva.com.br/produto/4259100
Yes, that is not a bad price, but unfortunately shipping to the US is R$ 84, for a total of R$ 133.90, or US $59.44. I mean, we liked the movie when we saw it in the theater, but we didn't like it THAT much.

Why does everything from Brazil have to be so expensive?
Old 07-28-2013, 04:32 AM   #10

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil

Edgar, if you want, you may buy the movie and ask for it be pickuped in any of saraiva store of recife (no shipping will be charged) and I can get it for you and resend to you, you paying the standard international shipping price of 10 dollars.

Enviado do meu Xperia S usando tapatalk 4 beta

Last edited by ThiagoPE; 07-28-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #11

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar_in_Indy View Post
According to their site, the Hong-Kong Blu-Ray does not have Portuguese audio, only subtitles:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/brave-2012...0-en/info.html

I didn't see the Thai version listed.
Take it from someone who owns the disc from Hong Kong, it does contain Brazilian Portuguese audio YesAsia sell very few Thai releases, but there are other vendors who sell from Thailand (although while DVDs are often cheap, Blu-Rays are not).

If the Korean Blu-Ray is supposed to have Portuguese audio, and the Hong Kong release contains Korean, then it's very likely that both releases are identical. In this case, it definitely is.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #12

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Edgar, if you want, you may buy the movie and ask for it be pickuped in any of saraiva store of recife (no shipping will be charged) and I can get it for you and resend to you, you paying the standard international shipping price of 10 dollars.
Thank you very much for the offer, that's very generous of you. I actually just found a US seller on eBay selling the UK version of Brave for $11 shipped, so I went ahead and bought it. For that price, we can deal with the European Portuguese.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=151084877470
Old 07-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #13

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil

OK, if in the future you need any thing from here, I will be glad in helping you.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #14

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz0802 View Post
Take it from someone who owns the disc from Hong Kong, it does contain Brazilian Portuguese audio....If the Korean Blu-Ray is supposed to have Portuguese audio, and the Hong Kong release contains Korean, then it's very likely that both releases are identical. In this case, it definitely is.
It's good to know that all of the Asian versions have Brazilian Portuguese audio. I'll keep an eye out on eBay for somebody selling one cheap.

BTW, it doesn't look like there is a listing for the Hong-Kong version of Brave in the database here. It would be helpful if you went ahead and added it since you can confirm the disc details and provide scans of the case.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Portuguese