Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
6 hrs ago
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59

Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.00

The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 09-30-2019, 01:32 AM   #1

Jan 2013
Chicagoland Area, Illinois
Default Boxes for Shipping Multiple Blu-rays

Hello,
I am going to be selling some Blu-rays in shipping boxes as I am planning to upgrade to 4K UHD titles. I am trying to figure out the best box dimensions that'll fit a good size amount of Blu-rays. If anybody has any good recommendations please provide links to boxes you use or recommended dimensions for boxes to pick up.
Thank you!

Dan
Old 09-30-2019, 03:39 AM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackerboy99 View Post
Hello,
I am going to be selling some Blu-rays in shipping boxes as I am planning to upgrade to 4K UHD titles. I am trying to figure out the best box dimensions that'll fit a good size amount of Blu-rays. If anybody has any good recommendations please provide links to boxes you use or recommended dimensions for boxes to pick up.
Thank you!

Dan
you can order free boxes from the usps site. they have different sizes so you can just order the size you want/need.

plus....they're free.

and you don't have to use the usps to ship them. you can take them to a ups or fedex store and they'll ship them for you, as well.
Thanks given by:
hagios (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 03:47 AM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
you can order free boxes from the usps site. they have different sizes so you can just order the size you want/need.

plus....they're free.

and you don't have to use the usps to ship them. you can take them to a ups or fedex store and they'll ship them for you, as well.
Those have the priority mail and USPS logos, I'd say they do have to be mailed via USPS with the priority shipping method.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:01 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Those have the priority mail and USPS logos, I'd say they do have to be mailed via USPS with the priority shipping method.
nope

i used to work in a ups store. you can ship them any way you like. the only thing that matters is the shipping label.

that said, if you take them to the post office, they'll likely make you ship them priority/express/whatever. but at a ups store, you can ship it any way you like.....at least at the one i worked at you could. we didn't care, as long as you spent money, lol. and it was usually cheaper and quicker to ship it ups. also, you got up to $100 insurance for free. and it was about $1.75 for every extra $100 in insurance.
Thanks given by:
hagios (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #5

Jan 2013

Quote:

plus....they're free.

Thank you! However, if I order the boxes from the USPS website, is there a fee for shipping it to your house? I know they list the boxes as $0.00, but what about shipping if I decide to order them online?
Old 09-30-2019, 03:10 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Thank you! However, if I order the boxes from the USPS website, is there a fee for shipping it to your house? I know they list the boxes as $0.00, but what about shipping if I decide to order them online?
totally free...boxes AND shipping them to you
Thanks given by:
hagios (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 03:41 PM   #7
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
nope

i used to work in a ups store. you can ship them any way you like. the only thing that matters is the shipping label.

that said, if you take them to the post office, they'll likely make you ship them priority/express/whatever. but at a ups store, you can ship it any way you like.....at least at the one i worked at you could. we didn't care, as long as you spent money, lol. and it was usually cheaper and quicker to ship it ups. also, you got up to $100 insurance for free. and it was about $1.75 for every extra $100 in insurance.
Interesting, that's good to know then. The worker at the USPS near me would always say that I can only mail them via USPS and it has to go priority, no other way.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Interesting, that's good to know then. The worker at the USPS near me would always say that I can only mail them via USPS and it has to go priority, no other way.
yeah....'cause they want your money.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #9

Jan 2013

Quote:
totally free...boxes AND shipping them to you
Awesome!! Thank you so much for your help!
And thankfully, I did clarify with UPS that they can ship out anything in those USPS boxes, and the shipping label is all that matters. However, they say to make sure there aren't any tracking numbers/reference numbers on the box from USPS to avoid confusion. Do you know if any of the boxes have those?
Old 10-01-2019, 02:11 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Awesome!! Thank you so much for your help!
And thankfully, I did clarify with UPS that they can ship out anything in those USPS boxes, and the shipping label is all that matters. However, they say to make sure there aren't any tracking numbers/reference numbers on the box from USPS to avoid confusion. Do you know if any of the boxes have those?
none of the usps boxes have any type of shipping info (tracking #, reference #) printed on them; any of that would be on a label. so if you have new boxes, you're gtg.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:24 AM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
nope

I've taken in priority mail boxes to USPS before and tried to ship them in a different method and was told that unless all priority aspects were covered that they couldn't do so. As a result I had to wrap the box and/or sharpie out the logos before I could re-use it. I'd imagine UPS probably wouldn't care about such things but USPS was quite strict about what was visible. Even some of the colored stripes had to be covered despite all the "priority" lettering being covered.

With all of that said, I had no idea they offered these for free. I'll have to remember this moving forward so thank you for sharing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Tags
blu-ray shipping, boxes, shipping boxes