Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Blade Runner 2049 (iTunes)
$7.99
15 hrs ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Mad Max: Fury Road (iTunes)
$7.99
18 hrs ago
Holmes & Watson / Step Brothers / Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (iTunes)
$19.99

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$49.99

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (iTunes)
$9.99

Hellboy (iTunes)
$7.99

Wreck-It Ralph (iTunes)
$14.99

Sausage Party / This is the End (iTunes)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
This Is the End / Pineapple Express (iTunes)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Charlie's Angels / Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (iTunes)
$12.99

The Big Lebowski (iTunes)
$7.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 10-15-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
Expert Member

Nov 2017
City of Angels
Default The DVD Digital Copy and Code: Can the codes be redeemed without the disc?

Can the codes be used on any or one of the digital sites? I tossed out the discs (DVD-Rom) but kept the codes. I was just wondering if they can be redeemed with just the code only. It's no big deal if I can't get them.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:16 AM   #2

Dec 2013
WA, USA

I think that [Digital Copy] codes are the type you're asking about.

There are codes which were totally different and only redeemed through a publishers site, I don't think any of those work anymore. Usually these would be taken from a particular program on the DVD and would extract the movie from the DVD.

So... it depends on the publisher, and the codes if they still will work at this point.

I've had some which redeem through MA, Vudu, or iTunes directly.

There are others which will redeem via iTunes as xml codes, usually only as SD though. This uses basically the same mechanics as the codes would have redeemed initially (from iTunes XML on the DVD). Fortunately, there is a method to do it without the original DVD. It uses a generic XML file to redeem. There is a link to an iso with the file I'm it somewhere in another thread.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=236284

Best advice I have is that you attempt to redeem them to your favorite site, and walk through each of the others until trying the iTunes XML method. Better to have an SD copy of the movie digitally than a nothing.

Another route you can take with codes is to ask the publisher to see if they'll replace the code with a working one. Though I get the feeling that they're less willing to do it the more frequently you ask. In the past I've had ok luck with this, but recently I was turned down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DigitalCopy_logo.jpg (8.0 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by PaulMe; 10-16-2019 at 06:25 AM. Reason: More detail
Thanks given by:
crackedknee (10-16-2019), TheBluRayBandito (10-16-2019)
Old 10-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
Expert Member

Nov 2017
City of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMe View Post

I think that [Digital Copy] codes are the type you're asking about.

There are codes which were totally different and only redeemed through a publishers site, I don't think any of those work anymore. Usually these would be taken from a particular program on the DVD and would extract the movie from the DVD.

So... it depends on the publisher, and the codes if they still will work at this point.

I've had some which redeem through MA, Vudu, or iTunes directly.

There are others which will redeem via iTunes as xml codes, usually only as SD though. This uses basically the same mechanics as the codes would have redeemed initially (from iTunes XML on the DVD). Fortunately, there is a method to do it without the original DVD. It uses a generic XML file to redeem. There is a link to an iso with the file I'm it somewhere in another thread.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=236284

Best advice I have is that you attempt to redeem them to your favorite site, and walk through each of the others until trying the iTunes XML method. Better to have an SD copy of the movie digitally than a nothing.

Another route you can take with codes is to ask the publisher to see if they'll replace the code with a working one. Though I get the feeling that they're less willing to do it the more frequently you ask. In the past I've had ok luck with this, but recently I was turned down.
I don't plan on redeeming them, but I was thinking of selling some. Problem is the average person isn't knowledgeable with the backdoor ways of doing things.

I know a bunch of Fox titles came with disc copy versions. I have the original X-Men trilogy blu releases that came with a disc copy and code.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies